Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I am having trouble too. The flight search page comes up with the flights but I when I click on a flight the website freezes. Same with chrome and IE.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I have had no problems at all. Run multiple searches for flights to east coast and elsewhere.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Same here - problems all day long - I can't get past the search results page. Very frustrating!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:38 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Same here - problems all day long - I can't get past the search results page. Very frustrating!
Appears to be working for me as I'm able to get all the way to the payment page on a dummy booking
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by goalie
Appears to be working for me as I'm able to get all the way to the payment page on a dummy booking
Thanks goalie, I just tried it again and looks like it's finally working again ^
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
No searches work for flights on either .com or UA mobile app.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Big warning message on UA.com now. Looks like something bad happened - they couldnt even construct a proper warning message - it repeats itself...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
And 10 minutes later they put up this message:

"united.com is currently undergoing maintenance
Flight search and booking are unavailable for all flights, including MileagePlus award travel. We are working to restore these as quickly as possible.Flight search and booking are unavailable for all flights, including MileagePlus award travel. We will restore these features as quickly as possible."
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Newbie, DL,AA,VS,UA,VX,WN,CO (in a pinch)
"He's dead Jim ..."
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:53 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Pretty sure it's related to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...o-dollars.html

...And in the Mileage Run forum. Seems as if united.com was selling almost ALL domestic flights (anything with a 'K' class fare in the market) for $0.00 each way, plus tax...So $10 roundtrip.

Instead of letting more of these squeak through (which I didn't get ), they just pulled the plug on the whole site until it gets fixed.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Lots of mileage run threads on this. Unlikely to be honored, IMO. Lesson learned: Test, Test, and Re-Test before deploying code changes to Production!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanp7
Lesson learned: Test, Test, and Re-Test before deploying code changes to Production!
I'm not much on conspiracy theories, but
a) September 12?
b) cyber attack?

It's possible.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:00 pm

I'm not able to find any flight options on united.com right now. Says there are no flights regardless of the route.

Flight search and booking are currently undergoing maintenance and are unavailable for all flights on United.com and through United’s reservations line. We will restore these features as quickly as possible.

This happens in the middle of the day? Incompetence.

Last edited by soupcxan; Sep 12, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kale73
I'm not much on conspiracy theories, but
a) September 12?
b) cyber attack?

It's possible.
What's more likely...that, or general UA incompetence / SHARES crappiness? Easy answer IMO
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
I was just trying to make a reservation from SYD to SFO for February. Keep getting a message that "we were not able to find any available seats meeting your requirements." Shows no flights at all even using flexible dates. There was no message about Web site problems.

Good thing FT is available to find out that something is up with the Web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.