Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:40 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
I was about to start a similar thread and was doing a search to see if anyone else posted. I first tried checking flight status about an hour ago. No tabs for standby, seat maps, etc. No link for "where is this flight coming from".

I checked several flights on my laptop and smartphone. Nothing showing up. I sent a notice to UA website support. Maybe they will answer in a few days.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mherdeg
What's the flight number? Is it a UA-operated flight or a wacky Express Q400?
Tried it for various flights on various days.

Of course, now it's back!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Tried it for various flights on various days.

Of course, now it's back!
same here..... it's now back to normal.

perhaps UA is finally doing something about their antique IT system?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
United Website Logging me off

Hi all,

Just wondering if other people are getting logged off the UA site after searching for fares. I would search for award or cash flights and after two searches the site would give me an error message and log me off. I do not do many searches and I am wondering what is going on. Any helpful hints? I have a Macbook and the software and browser are up to date.

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold/UA Mileage Plus Premier 1K
trouble with the website - cache issue?

Not sure where to ask this question, sorry.

I have a recurring problem with the website as I search for flights, etc. As i try to navigate around, i get error messages all the time. no consistent. sometimes takes several tries for my login to take. etc. In the past i think i emptied my cache as a way to try to clean things up - can't remember how to do that, can someone remind me?

This problem is acute when I'm using my mac air. happens but not as much when i'm using my pc laptop.

thanks for any thoughts!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vaflyer888
Just wondering if other people are getting logged off the UA site after searching for fares. I would search for award or cash flights and after two searches the site would give me an error message and log me off. I do not do many searches and I am wondering what is going on. Any helpful hints? I have a Macbook and the software and browser are up to date.

I had thought this might be a beta site issue and/or Chrome, but in IE using the regular site, I keep getting logged out while in the middle of stuff. Like, I will go in to "Change Flights," log in, then go to check-in to a flight, and be forced to log in again. Or I'll search for a flight, and when I get to select seats, E+ is blocked out (as if I'm not logged in--and when I log in and try again, the E+ seats are wide open).
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:50 pm
grt

UA web site down?

I just got:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/account/signin.aspx" on this server.
Reference #18.f3f44317.1429130800.42aba23d

Anyone else got the same message?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: United GS 1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
nope, just booked tickets.. try clearing your cache and cookies
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:02 pm
grt

It's working now.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Boarding passes temporarily vanished from app/site/kiosk

Had a nasty little surprise here in LAS: as I was checking my flight's status in the app, I noticed that it wasn't showing anything under the "Boarding Passes" tab. After I tried to refresh it, the app crashed. After a reboot, it still didn't show any passes; when I tried a kiosk, that said my flights didn't match my reservation; the links to the pass I'd been e-mailed automatically didn't work.

Of course, all this happened in T1, not T3 where UA has its ticket counters. The agent on the phone said I'd been switched to a different flight--the red-eye back to IAD instead of connecting to LAX and then home to IAD, basically because it cost the same but would earn more PQM, let me have dinner in the Star Alliance lounge at LAX and maybe get another hour of sleep. (I don't have to explain that kind of thinking here, right? .)

She fixed that in a couple of minutes, although it took another five minutes for the change to show up in the app.

All seems fine now, but it was a little more drama than I needed after a long day of work.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by grt
I just got:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/account/signin.aspx" on this server.
Reference #18.f3f44317.1429130800.42aba23d

Anyone else got the same message?
Any update on this issue?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
glad United doesn't want my money ....

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx" on this server.
Reference #18.22f7f648.1429365480.2729c0c3
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:50 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cfischer
glad United doesn't want my money ....

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx" on this server.
Reference #18.22f7f648.1429365480.2729c0c3
That's strange as I just copied and pasted the link you provided and it worked fine. I also checked it against my bookmark and noticed that mine shows "http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx?root=1" (which also works)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Getting lots of "not found" on Flight Status requests, guessing they're "upgrading".
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Increased Demand for 'Middle Seats'

I'm flying EWR-MXP on Monday and generally check the E+ seating situaiton regularly to see if a better seat shows up. Up until today, as expected most middle seats were open/available in both center and sides, with the usual smattering of aisle/windows seats taken.
For some reason today it shows most of the middle seats suddenly blocked with lots of availability for those previously taken aisle/window seats, and my preselected seat was suddenly open and available.
I called UA to ask what happened, and while the agent admitted it looked strange (and gave me back my selected seat), she said there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary hapening with the system.
Checking back a few minutes ago, the situation is still the same.
Anyone have any ideas as to the sudden demand for a middle seat??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.