Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:01 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I am experiencing continued website issues such as periodic requests to re-login followed by "we are unable to sign you in via username at this time". Also, expert mode displaying fare bucket availability is not working, maybe due to the same issue.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by TA
I am experiencing continued website issues such as periodic requests to re-login followed by "we are unable to sign you in via username at this time". Also, expert mode displaying fare bucket availability is not working, maybe due to the same issue.
Yeah, the .com team are such teases. Things seemed to have come back and I got out not one, but TWO international tickets but when I went in for the third, BAM!

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request.
Please try again later or contact Web Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-888-491-6573, in the U.K. at 0800 028 5003 or elsewhere at the local phone number.

Three times in a row now that's all I can get when I select the second leg. I am not calling reservations, just not in the mood to get more dished out to me like this morning....

Did call web support, what a waste of time. Asked me what browser I was using, said Edge. Told m to try Chrome. Got the same message. Told me to try Safari. Got the same message. I asked the agent if she was starting to see a pattern. She could not follow me, saying when she used the first two browsers she had the problem too but not with Safari. Asked me to try Safari again. Got the same message. She said she had not heard of this before. I said I sure had, had been getting exactly this message off and on all week Just consistently now in the last 24 hours. Her last words of "advice: well, I just don't know what I can tell you sir. Maybe things will be better tomorrow.

And there you have it. Top notch IT support from United. Maybe things will be better tomorrow!!

Last edited by uanj; Oct 7, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Anyone else have United "lose" their reservations?

UA has apparently lost my reservations. Yesterday, I tried logging into the website ahd it rejected my (valid) password. I eventually reset the password and when I was able to login, I can see all of my account parameters (PQM, PQD, etc) but the list of reservations booked with my account is gone.

I can access the reservations by going into my emails and digging up the confirmation number + my last name, but this is really annoying. Anyone else seeing this? I have 4 future reservations, none of which show up under "My Trips" anymore.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, everything is broken right now. At least it seems like we can log in today.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Good news is UA didn't lose your reservations. Unfortunately, the easy way of seeing them is borked right now.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is this resolving? My account balance are fine, my future reservations are fine, seatmaps look ok, ...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:11 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I just checked my account. The app (Android) is working fine for me; I can see reservations in detail there. On the website, my reservations don't show up on the home page (that tab is blank), but if I select "Manage Reservations" from the top menu, I get all my reservations showing up as normal.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by QBK
I just checked my account. The app (Android) is working fine for me; I can see reservations in detail there. On the website, my reservations don't show up on the home page (that tab is blank), but if I select "Manage Reservations" from the top menu, I get all my reservations showing up as normal.
Ditto. And the seatmaps are back to normal.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Since yesterday morning, I could log into my account with my account number and password via united.com. If I click on anything, I got an error message "(username and e-mail address sign-on are currently unavailable)".
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
Good news is UA didn't lose your reservations. Unfortunately, the easy way of seeing them is borked right now.
So now the reservations are back. But when I examine one of my reservations, one of my segments says:
"This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.". Clicking on "View More Information", I see "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit." on one of my segments

I booked all reservations through united.com and all should be eligible to receive PQM and PQD.

Maybe I should wait and see if this gets resolved before calling them.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:54 pm

Unable to log in

A few weeks ago, I began noticing a new IT glitch. After ual.com times out following a few minutes of inactivity, it was impossible to log back in. The only way to log back in was to close the browsing session and open up a new browsing session. I use MS Explorer (unfortunately.)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by STS-134
So now the reservations are back. But when I examine one of my reservations, one of my segments says:
"This itinerary includes one or more flights that are ineligible to earn mileage or Premier qualifying credit.". Clicking on "View More Information", I see "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit." on one of my segments

I booked all reservations through united.com and all should be eligible to receive PQM and PQD.

Known issue. PQM and PQD will post as expected.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by STS-134

Don't bother --- this has been a problem for over a year and there is nothing an agent can do plus in the end posting is correct. It may come and go .....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...itinerary.html
Generally just ignore the information.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Still can't get to my account details. I have tried multiple browsers and computers. I can sign in on the main screen, see my current balance + my upcoming trips, but then as soon as I try to view my account details, I get kicked to the login screen. I log in again, and it just drops me on the login screen again.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:28 pm

MrZhu can't log-in

Mr. Zhu trying to buy tickets but can't log into united site to do so. Get message: "the account information you entered is not valid". Mr Zhu would like to give United his money. How can Mr. Zhu do so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.