Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Still can't deposit funds.
More frustrating, just bought a TPAC itinerary, pretty expensive. On the receipt under accruals, it says "Ineligible to accrue mileage or Premier qualifying credit". Yes I bought it at united.com and it was a full fare, no miles used or any other weird stuff. I bet it'll post properly after I fly, but that's still irritating, if not infuriating. Pathetic.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I know about the "Coach" listing with a Biz fare class bug but this is the first time I've actually needed to book when it's showing up and right now on SFO-FRA it says "Coach (P)" but when I go to select seats it is actually showing the Economy cabin to select from.

Edit: This is generated by searching SFO-BUD (P) LYS-SFO (P) on Google Flights and then "Book on United" where I can get it to price at $3300 for J. If I actually just search on UA for the same flights the SFO-FRA-BUD leg alone comes up as $4500 (D).

Double Edit: Literally just re-selected the flights on Google and sent through to UA and now the SFO-FRA comes up as Polaris (P) and lets me select a J seat.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Upgrade issue.

I have a booking coming up purchased as LAS-LAX-SFO-HKG in K Class with a 22h transfer at LAX.

Friday: LAS-LAX
Saturday: LAX-SFO-HKG

Now I was trying to upgrade the Saturday segments as displayed for 30k + $600 to Polaris Business.

However in the very last step after I entered the credit card and clicked 'purchase' I always get an error message.

! We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.
It's not the cc since I tried many and even attempted the PayPal option.

Is this a known error? Always the same rubbish with this website.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Web form to obtain missing mileage credit from United or United Express flight chokes after entering ticket #. Not that it matters but it was a 016 ticket.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/mil...ate=2017-04-24

Hasn't been working for me since Friday. I tried multiple browsers.

Error

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-888-491-6573; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

submitted via email instead and got a reply within 1 hr.

Last edited by u600213; Sep 24, 2017 at 12:20 pm Reason: to note that email was replied to within 1 hr.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Do I have a broken/out of sync reservation? Or is the site acting up again?

I'm booked LAX-SFO-BOS on UA444 (both legs) in P (First/Business). Shows up as LAX-BOS with a change of planes in between.

I'm unable to SDC. App will not let me do it. Attempting to do so on the app brings me back to my reservation page.

Attempted to do it online, and when clicking the "Take an Earlier Flight from $75" it brings me to a page with no options.

If I click the "Change or Cancel this Trip" button, it gives me options for SDC, but only in Economy in the S bucket.

It also would not give me mobile boarding passes, it only allows me to send to email only for printing.

Also, now that I've checked in, the seat assignment on my second leg is gone on the website (but still shows up on the app). Should I be concerned?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I add that up differently.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:15 pm

Is that a mistake fare? Isn't that about $200?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Is that a mistake fare? Isn't that about $200?
Nah, it's in Yuan/RMB, not Yen.
It just doesn't add up correctly which I found rather odd.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

Ah makes sense I was looking at the symbol and didn't put the PEK into play. And yes the addition is not correct.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:54 am

I have a flight booked EWR-SFO-OGG, ticketed through United, but the SFO-OGG segment is on Hawaiian. I just wait listed a business upgrade with miles for the EWR-SFO segment, and my Manage Reservations updated. It shows the confirmed economy segment, the wait listed biz segment, and my return flights, but the SFO-OGG is completely missing! I can still see it through My Trips on the HA website, so I printed a receipt real quick.

Is this just a website glitch? Or should I call them up right away and try to find my missing segment?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerseykeebs
I have a flight booked EWR-SFO-OGG, ticketed through United, but the SFO-OGG segment is on Hawaiian. I just wait listed a business upgrade with miles for the EWR-SFO segment, and my Manage Reservations updated. It shows the confirmed economy segment, the wait listed biz segment, and my return flights, but the SFO-OGG is completely missing! I can still see it through My Trips on the HA website, so I printed a receipt real quick.

Is this just a website glitch? Or should I call them up right away and try to find my missing segment?
There's probably nothing to worry about, given that the flight is showing up properly in HA's system. However, the downside of calling to make sure is just the time spent on hold; the downside of assuming that things are fine and showing up at the airport to find a mess could be much worse.

In general, if it's in HA's system, it shouldn't matter what UA sees, provided that the ticket number that HA has matches the one that UA has. By calling, what you will likely accomplish is getting the UA record corrected to match HA, and no changes will be made on HA's side (which is already correct). Yes, that may save you a few minutes at the baggage check-in as well.

I'd wager at least 50/50 odds that this will happen again if your upgrade clears in advance of the gate.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by jsloan

In general, if it's in HA's system, it shouldn't matter what UA sees, provided that the ticket number that HA has matches the one that UA has. By calling, what you will likely accomplish is getting the UA record corrected to match HA, and no changes will be made on HA's side (which is already correct). Yes, that may save you a few minutes at the baggage check-in as well.

I'd wager at least 50/50 odds that this will happen again if your upgrade clears in advance of the gate.
The ticket numbers are the same for each carrier, so there's a good sign! I'll probably call them in the next day or 2 to get them matched up; I don't want to risk rechecking bags. Doing an additional online check in would not be the end of the world though, since I can anticipate that.

And this is why I try to fly direct!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jerseykeebs
The ticket numbers are the same for each carrier, so there's a good sign! I'll probably call them in the next day or 2 to get them matched up; I don't want to risk rechecking bags. Doing an additional online check in would not be the end of the world though, since I can anticipate that.

And this is why I try to fly direct!
A general rule of babysitting reservations is to make sure all of the following three things are true:

- You have a ticket number for each segment (could be the same for multiple segments)
- The Saudia website shows a coupon for each segment on the relevant ticket number, and the coupon status is "Open for Use" or "Airport Control"
- You have a PNR for each operating carrier that will show segments operated by that carrier on that carrier's website

If all three of the above are true, you should be good to fly, even if the ticketing carrier's PNR has non-operated segments messed up.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down

Again, I am having issues when sponsoring upgrades using GPU.

R>0 on all segments. When I click "Upgrade", united.com explodes.

Error

! We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003;

I tried FF, IE, Chrome. No difference.

I also tried iPhone Safari. Then I got this message:

Your Mileage Plus account mileage is not sufficient for this transaction.

Never mind I specified GPU, not miles to upgrade --- my account balance is way over one million.

This really drives me nuts!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Travel Bank/gift registry contributions STILL not available. No response from GS or UAInsider either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.