Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
IAH to HNL delayed in IAH, going on 4 hours. What happened to terminal C? Non stop dance music driving me to the edge.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JK-SFO
eng3,

I just checked the United app - your delay is listed as "severe weather conditions in our route network" and I guess that is what made the original A319 unavailable. Good question about my pilots doing extra checks, when those checks must have been done by your pilots already!

JK-SFO
Yeah that's what it says now. For the first delay from the original 10:45pm departure to 12:15am they listed it as "aircraft maintenance". I think they changed the aircraft fairly early. The reason of the change may have been due to weather, but they had plenty of time to tow it over and get it ready. There was another plane at our gate (maybed delayed due to weather). However they changed the gate 3 or 4 times so I don't see why that flight would have blocked us. Then when we were getting ready to board, they changed it to "severe weather" eventhough they told us they were waiting on catering. I guess the catering guys were busy because of the weather? I guess if you stretch it far enough, weather may have factored into it. I have a feeling these people get bits of the story then fill in the rest with their own details.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
so why is Delta flying to SJU and United is not? All cancellations to SJU are 'operational' rather than 'weather'. UA once again unprepared? Not surprising

UA2021 IAD-SJU 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA1297 IAH-SJU 738 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA1102 EWR-SJU 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA2022 SJU-IAD 764 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA1825 SJU-EWR 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA668 SJU-IAH 738 cancelled due to operational difficulties

same tomorrow

UA2021 IAH-SJU 764 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA1297 IAH-SJU 738 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA2022 SJU-IAD 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA668 SJU-IAH 738 cancelled due to operational difficulties

even for Monday

UA1297 IAH-SJU 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
UA668 SJU-IAH 739 cancelled due to operational difficulties
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA242 SFO-BOS 752 5 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
UA4831 IAD-JAX 145 2 hrs late - no reason
UA4873 IAD-BTV 145 5 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance ... and the same frame yesterday UA4826 EWR-STL 2 hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA2400 BOS-SFO 772 currently posting a 5 hour delay due to aircraft maintenance (my friend is on the flight)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by segiddins
UA2400 BOS-SFO 772 currently posting a 5 hour delay due to aircraft maintenance (my friend is on the flight)
Now delayed nearly 16 hours, showing a new scheduled departure time of 10:30am. Yikes.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by segiddins
Now delayed nearly 16 hours, showing a new scheduled departure time of 10:30am. Yikes.
24 hours delayed and just left gate...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
24 hours delayed and just left gate...
The app is still showing “estimated” not that it has left the gate yet.

You know something has gone wrong when the next day’s flight arrives well before yours.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Time to post my gripes again about Commutair.... UA4806 EWR-ITH delayed 3.5 hours for reasons unknown to anyone in the GS department. UA4921 EWR-ITH cancelled due to mx. Now going to drive to the Binghamton area. Hoping the freezing rain holds off until later tonight..... I would be stupid to hold my breath that 4806 goes tonight.

Earlier this month, my EWR-ITH was cancelled for mx. 0-2 this year using that crap UX carrier. I had a huge go-around with them a couple years back after a rash of ridiculous mx cancellations out of IAD.

Are there any plans to replace these aircraft with more reliable RJs?
I'm entering the EWR/ITH vortex this week.

ERW/ITH today 4932 (17:20) already canceled due to "air traffic contiditions." (actually it looks like it was canceled last night already!) The earlier flight met the same fate. I'm on it tomorrow and am crossing my fingers...

My return on Friday is the 19:15 ITH/EWR (4819) which also has an abysmal record, gives me 1:21 in EWR to connect to my ORD flight. I'm guessing I'll be spending the night in either ITH or EWR. If I'm reading the stats right, the average delay is 60 minutes.

How can UA even try to run this route with the horrid track record?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by milepig

ERW/ITH today 4932 (17:20) already canceled due to "air traffic contiditions." (actually it looks like it was canceled last night already!) The earlier flight met the same fate. I'm on it tomorrow and am crossing my fingers...

My return on Friday is the 19:15 ITH/EWR (4819) which also has an abysmal record, gives me 1:21 in EWR to connect to my ORD flight. I'm guessing I'll be spending the night in either ITH or EWR. If I'm reading the stats right, the average delay is 60 minutes.

Not looking like a fun day at EWR today at all according to the FAA website (with the bolding mine)

Due to WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 5 hours and 10 minutes.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Ua599 bos-ord

“Delayed due to operational difficulties.”

pax in rear vomited in before before doors closed. Apparently didn’t/couldn’t avail himself of the airsick bags. Wouldn’t leave the plane. Kept saying “I’m a doctor!” With coaxing of the captain, finally left the plane.

UA posted a delay to 5:05, cleaners came quickly, and the flight took off at 5:05!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
“Delayed due to operational difficulties.”

pax in rear vomited in before before doors closed. Apparently didn’t/couldn’t avail himself of the airsick bags. Wouldn’t leave the plane. Kept saying “I’m a doctor!” With coaxing of the captain, finally left the plane.

UA posted a delay to 5:05, cleaners came quickly, and the flight took off at 5:05!
Had an aisle barfer earlier in the year as well. FAs sprung to action with some powder, gloves, masks (doors closed, not taxing yet) and cleaners came on shortly after. IRRC wasn't maybe a 20-30min delay tops.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
04Nov UA636 ORD-EWR, pmCO 757 (16J), 0755 departure. After boarding, Captain announces "...some trouble fueling, and we can't go without gas. It should be about 15 minutes." Rolling delay continues. About an 45 minutes in, Captain announces, "...still no definitive fix time, but it shouldn't be too much longer." About 60 minutes in, GA makes a PA asking everyone to deplane, giving a 1000 "decision time."

I called GS, and snagged the last J seat on UA1510, the 1030 departure, a 3-class pmUA 763.

UA636 finally departed ORD 1255, exactly five hours late.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by milepig

I have given up on ITH... during the spring / summer / fall, I have been flying into EWR and driving from there to my final. In the winter, I am planning to fly DL DEN-DTW-ELM and av oid the Q200/Q300 disaster.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:52 pm

Last night (Nov 8) two UA Boeing 777s diverted to San Jose, CA (SJC) at the same time. It must be quite a scene for SJC since UA never had wide bodies there. The flights were UA257 from Denver to SFO, and UA1742 from ORD to SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.