Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated PVG connections / connection time / logistics / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1353513636
United does not have a lounge in PVG. There is a Star Alliance Gold lounge near Gate 71 (United flights leave from 80s gates typically), which are <5 minute walk. Lounge is up escalator and past a food court and perched over the landside part of the terminal. It has no views.

Entry floor has a bar with a decent selection of liquor. Upper floor has buffet food with limited selections. Wifi and newspapers available. Showers available (4 stalls at least).

related thread
Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong
Print Wikipost

Consolidated PVG connections / connection time / logistics / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zappa42m
Is it the same procedure as transit international to international in the US. (enter the country and then normal checkinn)
And are 6 hours enough ?
As said above by moondog it is substantively the same as I-to-I in the US, so yes, enter country and then leave the country.

Note that depending upon your passport and visa situation, you may want to know how 'transit without visa' works. There is a lot of information here:
China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by fumje
As said above by moondog it is substantively the same as I-to-I in the US, so yes, enter country and then leave the country.

Note that depending upon your passport and visa situation, you may want to know how 'transit without visa' works. There is a lot of information here:
China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread

Thank you very much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.