Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United is rolling out the 777-300ER to its fleet. These planes will be the first to feature the new Polaris business class seating, with direct aisle access.

Information about the plane from the United website is here

The plane features 60 Polaris class seats, 24 Premium Plus seats, 62 Economy plus seats, and 204 Economy seats. All economy seating is in a 3-4-3 format (except for 2-4-2 in the last two rows of the plane).

Seat width in economy is 17", down from the 18" in the sUA 777-200, and slightly narrower than the 787 width of 17.3". Bassinets are provided in 20EF, 30EF, and 46EF - the center seats on the three bulkhead rows.

Polaris seats have their own power outlets; Economy seats also have power (2 outlets per 3 seats or 2 per 4 seats; all bulkhead seats have their own power). Each seat has a dedicated USB power port as well.

Detailed seating plan: AeroLOPA -- https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-77w

From sbm12:
I flew on the media preview flight this week and wrote up a detailed report on which seats are good and bad on the new United 77W. Here's a summary of my thoughts.

Polaris Seating

General notes
  • Accessible lav at 2L is the largest on board and useful for PJs changing.
  • Row 1 has no overhead bins in the center.
  • Galley at 2L/R handles crew meals so will be busier than the forward galley throughout the flight. There is also a "passthrough" at 2L/2R that is not a galley but has shelves for food prep and snacks. As a result, the front row of the second cabin isn't quite as directly exposed to galley noise.
Seating choices
  • Bulkhead seats remain the best choice for foot well reasons. "Straight" seats are second best while angled seats have a tapered foot well for the last 10 inches of the bed length.
  • The downside of the "straight" seats is the 9" notch to slide in through but overall those will remain my seats of choice. Avoid 6/7/8 for noise reasons IMO.

• Even-row "window" seats are a bit of a misnomer. The window, if any, is across a utility table and not well-positioned for viewing. They're more semi-aisle seats.
  • Row 16 has no window. Row 18 has one window far to the rear and part of another forward. The angles are such that you can barely see out of either.
Best Window Seat (best to worst):
  • 9A (good seat, but proximity to galley/light/noise and lav should be considered)
  • 9L (good seat, but proximity to galley/light/noise and lav should be considered)
  • 1A (good seat, but proximity to galley/light/noise should be considered)
  • 1L (good seat, but proximity to galley/light/noise should be considered) Picture from 1L
  • any other odd-numbered A/L (slight preference to A over L)
  • any other even-numbered A/L (slight preference to A over L)
  • 7A/L
  • 8A/L
  • 6A/L
  • 16A/L
Best Center Pair Seat (best to worst):
  • 9D/G (slight preference to D over G)
  • 1D/G (slight preference to D over G)
  • Any other odd
  • Any other even

Economy Plus
  • AVOID 3024A/L [seats renumbered with addition of PP at all costs. Freezing cold in flight and the narrowest seats on board. Plus no window.
  • Aisle seats are a smidgen narrower and the center 4-block has legroom issues.
  • Bulkhead seats have good legroom, very similar to what extending your feet on a normal row would offer.

Economy
  • Row 5650 outside pairs are some of the best, though all the way at the back. A little extra space (especially under-seat stowage) and still some overhead space, something 57 lacks. Row 57 also has a misaligned window.
  • Aisle seats are a smidgen narrower and the center 4-block has legroom issues.
  • Baby Bassient Positions in Business: 9A & 9L, PP 20EF, E+ 30EF, 46EF
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmack
We're flying to SYD in October. Looking at seat selection: you say seat 7L has no window??? The aerolopa map shows a window there? No window is a deal breaker for us!
Please confirm. Thanks
I said missing window. Not no window. The business class seats each have 2-3 windows.

Also given you are flying in October, I would suggest you check every now and then or setup an EF seat alert to see if something better comes up. There will be many many changes between now and October.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Some questions about row 30 E+:
1. How bad is the bathroom congregating? I always found the aisle seat to get the worst of it, but then that seat avoids the problem below (potential freezing).
2. Are A/L really that freezing? Maybe my memory is going on these exit row door adjacent seats - I've been in plenty but not for awhile.

Just slim picking in E+ with this cramped 3-4-3 config. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:02 pm

Question basinett

Just called ua to add an infant and try to get the basinett.
Flying J (domestic so technically not Polaris) on a 777-300ER. The csr says it's row 1 middle but the aerolopa seat map shows row 6 Windows. Does someone know which one is right?

Last edited by STARAFlyingPenguins; Aug 29, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by STARAFlyingPenguins
Just called ua to add an infant and try to get the basinett.
Flying J (domestic so technically not Polaris) on a 777-300ER. The csr says it's row 1 middle but the aerolopa seat map shows row 6 Windows. Does someone know which one is right?
Neither? United dot com lists 9A and 9L

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...t/777-300.html
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Neither? United dot com lists 9A and 9L

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...t/777-300.html
​ I just can't read seatmaps . Aerolopa says 9A too. Thank you
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Hey all!

I'm on syd-sfo in economy and currently booked on 30L. My flight looks super empty in Eco and I was wondering if I should aim for a 56A/L instead and hope to get the row.

For me, success in sleeping in economy comes only if I can lean on a wall. Are these seats completely next to the wall, or is there a gap between the window and the seat?

Thanks!
@Vangrovsky perhaps you'll know as you mentioned you flew on this seat.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:02 pm

Question Is the front cabin in business class better than the back?

We're flying SFO-FRA in April and booked Business class. Right now I have seat 5A and my wife has 3A both in the front business class cabin. Another option is taking seats 11A and 15A in the back cabin. Any thoughts on which is better?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I would rather be forward of Door 2 - quieter during most boarding and further from the engines. 11/15 are fine, but no reason to take them over 3/5.
SPN Lifer, RobOnLI and UAL250 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:23 pm

Many thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I will be on 773ER from IAD going to SFO. I think I have a tighter connection at SFO than I would like before getting on UA1. Assuming UA uses 2L to board, my current seat 9A should afford me as quick of an exit, factoring in possible delay? I know this is first world problem/question, but... thoughts from experts?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dc.marathoner
I will be on 773ER from IAD going to SFO. I think I have a tighter connection at SFO than I would like before getting on UA1. Assuming UA uses 2L to board, my current seat 9A should afford me as quick of an exit, factoring in possible delay? I know this is first world problem/question, but... thoughts from experts?
Yes, 9A should afford you a quick exit, but realistically speaking, the entire Polaris cabin, from row 1 to row 18, should be able to deplane within a couple minutes of each other.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: aa
I was just on this aircraft today BRU-EWR. Wife and I were in 20 K&L The middle seats in our row were throwing a fit because everyone kept using the bulkhead as an aisle to get to the other side of the plane. There were at least 25 people who either tried stepping over their feet or were stopped by the lady sitting on the aisle seat across from me by saying " this is NOT an aisle!"

Not sure if this is something that happens often... it if so, row 20 in the middle might not be the best choice.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:35 am

Solo traveler 777-300ER / best seat options

Solo traveler, SFO-FRA, 777-300ER, my options are 11A or 4L or 7L . Any recommendations appreciated.

Last edited by bayareasfo9; Oct 7, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bayareasfo9
Solo traveler, SFO-FRA, 777-300ER, my options are 11A or 7L . Any recommendations appreciated.
11A as 7L is missing a window. Board toward the end of the boarding process to minimize the number of coach pax filing past your seat, which IMO is the biggest drawback of sitting in the second cabin.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dc.marathoner
Probably 8A if you don't mind having only 1 window. You'll be able to turn and burn when the door opens.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.