Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
2FA via the app is hilarious, I am using the app and the app is going to give me the code -- that is not 2FA. Not a second method. That's like calling UA to do amd the agent tells you the need answers to the security code.
The app would be your password/TOTP management app, not the app you're logging into.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-b...-time_password
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 665)
Also, be very careful about where one discards used baggage tags. I often bring mine home to shred.
Originally Posted by eng3 (Post # 670)
And what is the danger of someone getting your baggage tag?
The tag contains your name and the Record Locator (confirmation number) for the Passenger Name Record (PNR). So someone with bad intent could make malicious changes to the rest of your trip.
United747 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Not sure if related to security update but UA is having system issues for last 48 hrs. Unable to book tickets on line and had to call CS to book 4 flights. At payment got "unable to process". This happened repeatedly. More than just a bit of a hassle but CS eventually got it done. I was told they are having a known IT issue now. To add I did have initial security issues with there system and had to reset PW and log in system a couple of times. Anybody else running into this?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nomad420
Not sure if related to security update but UA is having system issues for last 48 hrs. Unable to book tickets on line and had to call CS to book 4 flights. At payment got "unable to process". This happened repeatedly. More than just a bit of a hassle but CS eventually got it done. I was told they are having a known IT issue now. To add I did have initial security issues with there system and had to reset PW and log in system a couple of times. Anybody else running into this?
I was having trouble yesterday with logging into account and flight searching, but have done several things today without any issue.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was having trouble yesterday with logging into account and flight searching, but have done several things today without any issue.
Used phone app today without issue and booked a simple RT run without issue so it seems things are getting back to normal.
goodeats21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.