FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735606-2016-lets-eat-domestic-canada-latin-america-first-business-p-s-businessfirst.html)

bmustaf Apr 8, 2016 9:16 pm

1 APR 16
MCO-DEN (F) - Dinner

Had the lentil chili with polenta cakes. As far as domestic airline food goes, it was spectacular (one of the best domestic F meals I can remember). Something I'd not just eat on the ground, but enjoy on the ground, so was a real treat onboard. Even passes muster to make upper echelon of meals I've had on international F on any carrier (but not quite as superlative in this context, but still quite good).

Now, lentils do lend themselves well to being airline/pre-prepped/par-booked and oven finished on-board, so that is partially it (e.g. they nailed the texture, but shouldn't be hard with a lentil dish), but the seasoning and flavors were robust, layered, and well chosen.

Also, relatively healthy, and if you pass on the polenta, very, very healthy.

Polenta was a bit gel-like and not perfect, but definitely passable and the lentil quality carried it, esp if you mixed the lentil, you didn't notice the short comings of the polenta texture/prep.

JerseyCityS Apr 8, 2016 9:41 pm

FLL EWR on this past Wednesday.

Choice of seafood stew or chicken jambalaya. Had that - was delicious, too bad the portion was so small. Great crew with nonstop drink refills, etc.

side - note - scored a gold upgrade roundtrip EWR FLL this week 48 hours out on a $78 fare each way.

runpete Apr 9, 2016 12:11 pm

UA1294 ORD-MCO
April 2016
757-300
First Class

Boarding for first class was delayed as they catered the flight. The aisles were blocked by carts. There were a few agitated first class passengers: they wanted to sit down immediately. These same passengers were agitated again when the in-flight WiFi wouldn't start up. We were allowed to board during group 2. They stopped 2 from boarding and let us walk on. After boarding, PDB of orange juice or water was offered. In air, service began quickly.

I don't remember the dinner choices, but I had the curry chicken with a slaw-style salad. The only downside to the dish was the rice: some of it was cook perfectly, some of it was not cooked at all, and some of it was overcooked.

Dessert was a warm cookie. We hit some turbulence during dessert so only the first two rows were served. Yet, our fearless flight attended was determined to finish serving dessert: he unbuckled and brought us our cookies. I don't know how he kept his balance so well. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/kQQRZiu.jpg?1

hans Apr 11, 2016 5:17 pm

HNL-DEN red eye missing wake-up coffee

I usually take this flight 1-2 times a year but today's flight struck me as odd. I realize breakfast is a thing of the past but no coffee service in First Class either? I was expecting a wake-up cup and maybe some juice but there was none to be seen.

Perhaps this is a result of an increasingly earlier departure for this flight.

WineCountryUA Apr 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by hans (Post 26471294)
.... I was expecting a wake-up cup and maybe some juice but there was none to be seen. ...

Did you ask for it?
Any reason this wasn't an one off issue (perhaps due the particular crew?)?

PaulInTheSky Apr 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by hans (Post 26471294)
I usually take this flight 1-2 times a year but today's flight struck me as odd. I realize breakfast is a thing of the past but no coffee service in First Class either? I was expecting a wake-up cup and maybe some juice but there was none to be seen.

Perhaps this is a result of an increasingly earlier departure for this flight.

I guess you meant last night? I will be flying the same flight tonight, and I can report if that's the case.

S.R Apr 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Can anyone explain why a 1:30pm departure IAH-FLL only offers the snack basket but a 3pm FLL-IAH has a lunch service?

MatthewLAX Apr 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by S.R (Post 26471840)
Can anyone explain why a 1:30pm departure IAH-FLL only offers the snack basket but a 3pm FLL-IAH has a lunch service?

Longer flight time going West than East?

hans Apr 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 26471602)
Did you ask for it?
Any reason this wasn't an one off issue (perhaps due the particular crew?)?

By the time I asked, they said it was time to close the galley. Not sure if coffee was available but didn't see or smell any as folks were starting to stir.

MrCUBS Apr 12, 2016 2:18 am

LAX-IAD
Apr 11 Breakfast

PDB
Hot towel

Yogurt and fruit. Choice of cereal, waffle or quiche with sausage.
Biscuit or cinnamon roll.

CappuccinoAddict Apr 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Do lunch and dinner ps flights have the same bread basket as in international BF? Have only flown ps on a breakfast flight. Have a ps round-trip coming up and am wondering whether to expect garlic bread and pretzel rolls!

BlackBear05 Apr 13, 2016 10:30 am

BOS-ORD
13Apr16
1050 Departure, Lunch
UA1275
B739 sUA

PDB

Hot Nuts

Chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread or Polynesian shrimp salad(3 shrimps), both with fruit salad

Chocolate Chip Bar

cesco.g Apr 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Looking for any feed back:
What are the p.s. lunch & dinner offerings for April?

fivesixseven Apr 17, 2016 1:40 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post 26495899)
Looking for any feed back:
What are the p.s. lunch & dinner offerings for April?

EWR to LAX: chicken with shaved fennel, salad with roasted pumpkin and a choice of short ribs, tarbot or pasta.

TWA Guy Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am

I'm flying IAD-JAX at 1230 on Tuesday and the meal is "light snack", does that mean the snack basket? Thanks!