Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I disagree. I think the contemporary look of both AA and DL will look dated fast while the UA linen is fairly timeless.
Just as how the UA livery is fairly timeless as well?

(ducks)

but to keep this OT: not a fan of the linens/dishes and looking forward to the new serviceware coming with Polaris (hopefully they'll do something similar for domestic F as well?)
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I disagree. I think the contemporary look of both AA and DL will look dated fast while the UA linen is fairly timeless.
Really? DL introduced their current look in 2011, and it still looks just as modern and great in 2016 as it initially did.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I choose airlines base on linen. Not really.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Timeless...or time warp? I'd rather have a contemporary look that will eventually be redesigned vs a "timeless" look that least 15 years old. I recall the linens used to be white but somewhere in the 2000 timeframe but somewhere thereafter changed to the blue that continued post merger.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I choose airlines base on linen. Not really.
We knew that as an aviation connoisseur, you actually base your choice of carrier on the scent of the hand soap in the lavs.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Timeless...or time warp? I'd rather have a contemporary look that will eventually be redesigned vs a "timeless" look that least 15 years old. I recall the linens used to be white but somewhere in the 2000 timeframe but somewhere thereafter changed to the blue that continued post merger.
AFAIK, pmUA domestic used to be white linens until around ~2000/2001, then switched over to navy/dark blue linen. Around ~2007 or so, the white linen tablecloth returned, but the tray itself lost the linen, instead opting for a paper liner. This stayed until the merger. I seem to remember many complaints about the presentation of pmUA meals on top of that tacky-looking paper liner.

pmCO, on the other hand, have had light blue linens for as long as I can remember; transcon BF and true int'l BF had lavender/purple-white linens. Around 2008 or so, pmCO was light blue throughout the system, including BF.

When the airlines became UACO in 2012, the CO look and feel stayed, with the light blue linen staying; however, the pmUA white tablecloth disappeared with the exception of GF. I recall for a very short time, during the crossover, various CO/UA flights saw an odd combination of white tablecloth linens and blue tray linens, or only the paper liner with no tablecloth. Once harmonization was complete, the final product looks like what it does today.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:40 pm

How are DEN to east coast red eye flights generally catered?

Also, in regards to the ice cream sundae flying during dinner time on a 2 hour flight do we still get that as a dessert since its after 4 PM?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130

Also, in regards to the ice cream sundae flying during dinner time on a 2 hour flight do we still get that as a dessert since its after 4 PM?
Which DEN - East Coast route? It's likely too short for a proper meal—just the snack basket.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:51 pm

Hope this helps: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx

Alot of detailed information here. As for DEN-east coast redeyes, you'd probably get a refreshment (packaged snacks), unfortunately. IIRC, p.s. flights are the only flights in the domestic system that gets a proper meal on redeyes, in addition to longhaul Hawaii flights to IAH/ORD/EWR/IAD.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Snack basket early and sometimes another pass of the basket prior to arrival. No scones or muffins before landing like transcon redeyes.

Man, those are some brutal flights!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
July 2016

EWR-CUN

French toast casserole. I found it very tasty. Impressed with Thea I've of fruit plate compared to what used to get. Other choice was "fiesta" omelette. No cookie before arrival which I though we would get.

Last edited by COEWR2587; Aug 13, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
CUN - EWR
Choices were chicken or salmon. I had salmon and wife had chicken. I preferred me although her chicken was juicy and not dry for airplane chicken. Pre arrival cookie also served.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Looks like that was quite a hefty portion of salmon ^
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
EWR-SFO p.s. 7am

-4 cheese quiche w/ potatoes/peppers/onions and 2 mozzarella/sundried tomato sausages
-Cheese blintze with berry compote and something else
-Cereal and banana

All came with large plate of fruit and the crap "yogurt" and cinnamon rolls or croissants.

Quiche didn't have too much flavor but the rest on the plate was good. Be nice with a bit of hot sauces.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
EWR-SFO p.s. 7am

-4 cheese quiche w/ potatoes/peppers/onions and 2 mozzarella/sundried tomato sausages
-Cheese blintze with berry compote and something else
-Cereal and banana

All came with large plate of fruit and the crap "yogurt" and cinnamon rolls or croissants.

Quiche didn't have too much flavor but the rest on the plate was good. Be nice with a bit of hot sauces.
Not much of a change BTW, you can purchase small (TSA approved) bottle of sriracha\, I use to have it with me when I traveled because most of the time the egg breakfast's are bland. https://sriracha2go.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.