Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Letters to Oscar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Please fix the boarding process (using whatever nomenclature you like) by moving credit card holders to group 3, allowing elites+FC+Bus to have groups 1/2.

Show of good faith to pmUA MMs: Give us the Plat status the pmCO folks got and is more like what we earned for BIS. Show us we're valued and we'll come back. Won't cost much, if anything, but, man, did it engender a lot of ill will. Combined with any other nicety for elites it would help undo the "over entitled" attitude.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Dear Oscar-

Please take the best of both what PMUA and PMCO had to offer as opposed to what has happened by taking the worst of both airlines and make United the world leader that it once was. Yes, I know it's a HUGE step but it's worth a try, right?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Please make UA's service and reliability better than DL's, and make UA's frequent flyer program worse than DL's.

That'll make the UA forum here a lot quieter and more pleasant to read, just like DL's.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:21 pm

Dear Oscar,

I could not stand seeing Jeff Smisek at the beginning of every flight because of his demeanor and tone. If it is important for you to be visible to the customers (I'm not sure why this is necessary) please consider the way you communicate with them.

I walked away from United in 2012 after almost a million miles and years of platinum http://imgur.com/bKe19zM with Continental because of the way United treated its loyal members.

-

Last edited by sedonanative; Sep 9, 2015 at 3:22 pm Reason: image
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL
Dear Oscar

UNDO all that was done by copying DELTA.

Bring back the "OLD" Mileage Plus program.

You also need people in the back of the bus to fill up the planes.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Dear Oscar;

Please do not get rid of Global First on the 777 and 747. If it is not making money then make a change to the GPU's that can apply to those seats, I for one spend the money for that seat when coming back to the states and need to sleep.

The on-time percentage needs to go up dramatically. There are times and routes, I have given up flying United because I know they flights will never be on time. If you cannot get a passenger from point A to point B when you say you will, people leave quickly.

Allow your front line employees to make decisions on their own. They used to be pretty good at it and knew enough to know not to give away the airline.

Unite the various labor camps, when your passengers notice the anger of employees it hurts the brand.

Bring back the tulip and get rid of everything associated with the guys who put this mess together.

Please find a way to keep live TV with the new entertainment system beta tests (I'll always pay for it even in first, I like watching the news).

Please, please let me qualify for GS this year.

Make DEN the new 747 hub.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:49 pm

Dear Oscar
PLEASE better coffee, I couldn't drink it last time I was on a UA flight, tasted skunky
Just keep after the little things while you are working on the big picture
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to

A million miler here who would like to keep loyal
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Dear Oscar

Please get rid of the Complementary Premier Upgrades! Go back to the CR-1 (500 mile) coupons that one has to either earn or buy. The concept of "Unlimited Domestic Upgrades" was a poor one right from when it was started at CO. It has no place in a well-run airline - all it does is set unattainably high expectations for the average flyer.

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StingWest
Dear Oscar

Please get rid of the Complementary Premier Upgrades! Go back to the CR-1 (500 mile) coupons that one has to either earn or buy. The concept of "Unlimited Domestic Upgrades" was a poor one right from when it was started at CO. It has no place in a well-run airline - all it does is set unattainably high expectations for the average flyer.

Thanks
Then also get rid of the ridiculously cheap upgrades offered to non-status people so would actually have a chance to use those upgrade e-500's. And not to nitpick, a CR-1 was a regional upgrade that could be used for 1 direction of travel and not limited to 500 miles.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Mr. Munoz,

Listen to your customers and employees. Understand that some will request the moon, but concurrently realize that only those who care speak up. Also remember when not to listen to the crowd. Best of luck!

WWD
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Mile
Hi Oscar,

If I could recommend one thing, it would be to be accountable, be honest, be transparent, and be real. United has gotten itself to the bottom by the actions United has taken. United is not a victim. Emirates and other airlines are not the reason UA has some of the worst over-water service in the market. Your 747 over-Pacific service is an embarrassment.

Today (as in this very moment) EVA, Asiana, Singapore, ANA and Cathay all have lower fares than United to points in Asia and they all kick your ... in service and quality. Your MileagePlus program has become so worthless, I'll book any of those over United. The way miles are calculated now, loyalty to United isn't worth it. What company in America is going to buy a lottery ticket in the form of a higher fare ticket in the hopes of winning the upgrade lottery? ... - what were you people thinking - the up-sell efforts when phoning United are laughable!

Employees - sorry, but we are going to always back jobs created at Boeing by the Import Export bank over you, get over it and leave Nicole Kidman alone.

Oh, and thank you for getting rid of JFK. Now when I fly there, my company has to book Virgin SFO-JFK - it's a way, way, way better airline than United. Again, who cares about the miles - MileagePlus has been gutted anyway.

Your loyal customers are fed up for a reason and those reasons start and end with United management. Stop whining, drop the victim pose and become a leader again. You have some really good employees who want to do a good job, let them.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Baze
Then also get rid of the ridiculously cheap upgrades offered to non-status people so would actually have a chance to use those upgrade e-500's. And not to nitpick, a CR-1 was a regional upgrade that could be used for 1 direction of travel and not limited to 500 miles.
Whoops, you're right! I meant the 500 mile certs - can't remember what they were called, but they cost $50 per 500 miles I think. I wonder if these could just replace the TOD's with a more standardized pricing? I agree with your sentiments regarding the cheap upgrades.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Dear Oscar,

Much value has been removed over the last number of years from frequent flyers and patrons of the United Club. While it would be a wise business move not to further alienate these customers, a more fundamental problem lurks in the shadows. Operational reliability on your regional partners is reaching a terrible nadir and United does not even recognize that there is a problem.

When I make earnest representations about the the 44% delay statistic in 2014 for the route I must take the local United hub, and United writes back and says it does not see a 'recurring problem', the airline is either delusional or insulting my intelligence.

The airline is let down by its weakest link. I do not care about how good mainline performance is if I cannot go home or get to the hub. The chronic on-time and cancellation problems with the regional partners must be a priority.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:10 pm

Dear Oscar,

Please change/fix the culture. Everything else will fall into place.

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
1. Eliminate paid upgrades 24 hours after ticket purchase. This gives corporate travelers having to travel in Y the opportunity to buy up to F (at normal fare difference). This eliminates strange/low buy up fares. After 24 hours, to upgrade a coach fare would require re-ticketing and change fee if restricted fare.

2. Replace Tom O'Toole as head of MileagePlus and Marketing. Anyone who simply copied DL and also did not have the smarts to realize that customers earned more miles flying non-UA metal should not be in that job. This job takes a smart techie and a great customer service manager - Scott O'Leary comes to mind - he would be great for Marketing and MP.

3. Tweak the changes made to MileagePlus - maybe something between DL and AA.

4. Empower agents to make the right decisions on re-accommodating passengers during IRROPS.

5. Improve relations with employees - get more employee input to run the business.

6. Plan to implement a more competitive hard product and make improvements to the soft product.

7. Make Global Services a program like AA Concierge Key program. Simply give GS members 1K status for upgrade priority. If GS are not regularly buying domestic F - then why are they GS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.