Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
I was told the bonus miles had been registered and will appear on my United account within 10 days.
This was Hertz customer service, I take it? How did you initiate contact?

I have one rental that's missing the 1500-mile online booking credit (the premier bonus showed up a couple of days after the rental credit, which seems normal). I did call Hertz to extend the rental; I wonder if that may have messed up their system somehow.

I have a couple of Hertz rentals booked in September; if they're not willing to post the full promotional miles, I may well book with National instead.

Edit:
I scanned my receipt and I noticed that I'd been given 275 Hertz points on the rental in question, in addition to the MP miles (excepting the booking bonus, that is). It's listed as an "activation bonus" in my Hertz history, and I did pay the FF surcharge on the rental, but perhaps that caused this problem. I've unchecked the "Accept Gold Plus points" checkbox, and I'll see if my next rental credits properly.

Last edited by jsloan; Aug 31, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by jsloan
This was Hertz customer service, I take it? How did you initiate contact?

I have one rental that's missing the 1500-mile online booking credit (the premier bonus showed up a couple of days after the rental credit, which seems normal). I did call Hertz to extend the rental; I wonder if that may have messed up their system somehow.

I have a couple of Hertz rentals booked in September; if they're not willing to post the full promotional miles, I may well book with National instead.

Edit:
I scanned my receipt and I noticed that I'd been given 275 Hertz points on the rental in question, in addition to the MP miles (excepting the booking bonus, that is). It's listed as an "activation bonus" in my Hertz history, and I did pay the FF surcharge on the rental, but perhaps that caused this problem. I've unchecked the "Accept Gold Plus points" checkbox, and I'll see if my next rental credits properly.
As promised, the united.com points did post.

I used this e-mail address: [email protected]

and I think perhaps what did the trick was the wording:

"I have double checked my original reservation, which I have saved, which shows I booked correctly via the United.com website. I can provide a copy of the original reservation to show that it was booked in accordance with the promotion rules".

Or maybe I got a smarter-than-your-average-agent on the other side of the computer, who was actually competent enough to do the job.

Or the points fairy was looking upon me favorably?

~

who knows.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
"I have double checked my original reservation, which I have saved, which shows I booked correctly via the United.com website. I can provide a copy of the original reservation to show that it was booked in accordance with the promotion rules".
Thanks for passing this along. I think I figured out why my points didn't post. If you book through the promo link, it will automatically populate the PC field correctly. If you simply use the "Add Car" link from within a reservation -- even from a page that's showing "get up to 2,750 miles when you book with Hertz!" in a little ad -- it will not pre-populate the PC field.

I have another reservation pending for this weekend, and I had to add the PC via hertz.com as the rates had gone up markedly since I booked it. The website seems to have accepted it (without changing the price I reserved originally), but I guess the proof will be in the pudding.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Extended now to the end of the year. They might as well make it an official feature...this offer will have been outstanding for more than a year. Basically like an old Jos A. Bank sale at this point
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Booked several more o these just in the last couple days all the way into December. This has been a nice little windfall of unexpected miles... definitely a huge value over the Hertz pesos I would otherwise have received.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Booked several more o these just in the last couple days all the way into December. This has been a nice little windfall of unexpected miles... definitely a huge value over the Hertz pesos I would otherwise have received.
Indeed. I'll end up with over 50k miles from this.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by gold23
Indeed. I'll end up with over 50k miles from this.
More or less the same for me. Many of them on 1-2 day rentals.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jjmoore
More or less the same for me. Many of them on 1-2 day rentals.
Are all of you returning to the same location?

I've looked at a couple rentals for LAN-GRR and, GRR-DTW, and DTW-FNT, and having a different dropoff point almost triples the rates for me.

If I can go in and out of the same airpor though, like I said earlier, it's a good value to me.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Are all of you returning to the same location?

I've looked at a couple rentals for LAN-GRR and, GRR-DTW, and DTW-FNT, and having a different dropoff point almost triples the rates for me.

If I can go in and out of the same airpor though, like I said earlier, it's a good value to me.
I almost always return to the same location... with this promotion, I have always returned to the same location.

I do know that GRR, AZO, DTW, LAN and a couple other smaller airports have Hertz sister locations, which do not charge extra if you pick up at one of those locations and drop off at another. This works for my CDP, but I am not sure that it would work for the UA promotion.... may be worth a phone call, but I have never seen a good rate with the UA promo for returning to a different location, even between the sister airport locations for Hertz.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Email just received - MP credit card holders will get an additional 3,000 miles for two reservations between now and end of the year. Same promo code, doesn't say anything about date reservation was made (I already have 3 in the books during this time)...so thanks for the extra 6,000 miles!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:50 am

Book now and watch your miles add up:

1,000 MileagePlus® award miles per rental

+ 1,500 bonus award miles every time you rent a mid-size or larger vehicle

+ An extra 3,000 bonus miles on each of your next two rentals as a MileagePlus Chase Cardmember

Rent twice between now and December 31, 2016, to earn up to 11,000 miles.

This offer is nontransferable and valid only for original recipients of this email communication.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I'm glad I saw this. I actually have two rentals (personal) scheduled. One was booked correctly for the bonus, and one was not. I cancelled the one that was not and re-booked. It actually came out less than the original booking, and I'll get the bonus!

Too bad I can't book my business travel this way as well!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by justsawaufo

+ An extra 3,000 bonus miles on each of your next two rentals as a MileagePlus Chase Cardmember

This offer is nontransferable and valid only for original recipients of this email communication.
I scanned but didn't see any note of minimum rental length (some are minimum 3 days for example). Anyone see otherwise?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I'm glad I saw this. I actually have two rentals (personal) scheduled. One was booked correctly for the bonus, and one was not. I cancelled the one that was not and re-booked. It actually came out less than the original booking, and I'll get the bonus!

Too bad I can't book my business travel this way as well!
I just saw this, and cancelled/re-booked while in flight. My rate was lower as well, and for a higher class of car.

I booked three award tix from EWR-ASE over Christmas break a month or so ago for 75k miles total. This little perk is going to come close to earning ALL of that by year end.

This couldn't be more tailor-made for my business. I am in/out in 1 or 2 day rentals all the time.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA million mile, etc
Does "standard" qualify as mid-size or larger?

Originally Posted by justsawaufo

I received this offer also. Clicking through on the link that came with the email offer, United.com offered me rates for 4 car classes for my potential rental: "Intermediate Mid-Size", "Standard", "Full-Size" and "Premium". The rate for "Standard" was much the lowest. Is Hertz's car class hierarchy such that renting "Standard" will get me the bonus? Should I assume that following United's link will get me only to rental offers and car classes that qualify?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.