Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:00 pm

You can use the offer on multiple rentals. I have already done 2 rentals, and I have 2 more to go (I am not even flying for my last one, just renting at my local Hertz to earn the miles).
The offer is good until October 15th.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Does the booking have to be on united.com

Looking at a leisure rental in December 2015 for a XL SUV. XL SUV's do not appear as an option on united.com. However I can book it on Hertz.com using the United CDP/PC. Does anyone know if I book this on Hertz.com using this information whether I will still get the miles? Below is an excerpt from United.com that says through United.com. Reason I ask is because the rate with the United CDP/PC is about $10 higher than my company's corporate hertz rate, but if I can get the extra 2,750 miles it would be worth it to me.

From United Website:

Limited-time offer: Now through December 31, 2015, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happydude
Looking at a leisure rental in December 2015 for a XL SUV. XL SUV's do not appear as an option on united.com. However I can book it on Hertz.com using the United CDP/PC. Does anyone know if I book this on Hertz.com using this information whether I will still get the miles? Below is an excerpt from United.com that says through United.com. Reason I ask is because the rate with the United CDP/PC is about $10 higher than my company's corporate hertz rate, but if I can get the extra 2,750 miles it would be worth it to me.

From United Website:

Limited-time offer: Now through December 31, 2015, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

what car class is "XL SUV" ? if you pick "sport utility" in the drop-down box it shows :

Compact SUV, Medium/Regular SUV, Large SUV, and Minivan.

Are you looking for (T, FFAR) or (T6, PFAR)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sydneyair
what car class is "XL SUV" ? if you pick "sport utility" in the drop-down box it shows :

Compact SUV, Medium/Regular SUV, Large SUV, and Minivan.

Are you looking for (T, FFAR) or (T6, PFAR)
I am trying to book a T6:

4WD/AWD Prem Extra Capacity SUV (Group T6) PFAR
(T6) GMC Yukon XL or similar
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:59 pm

What do you guys think about splitting a 4 day rental into 2 2-day rentals? Will they combine the rentals or will they count as 2 different rentals?

i.e 10AM Sep 16 to 10AM Sep 20 as 10AM Sep 18 - 10AM Sep20 and 10AM Sep20 - 10AM Sep22

what about something like 10AM Sep 16 - 10AM Sep18 and 5PM Sep18 - 5PM Sep20 (my hotel is pretty close to Hertz)?

or even better, something like 11:30PM Sep 16 - 11:30PM Sep18 and 12:30AM Sep19 - 12:30AM Sep21, so you have different days
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Traveler239
You can use the offer on multiple rentals. I have already done 2 rentals, and I have 2 more to go (I am not even flying for my last one, just renting at my local Hertz to earn the miles).
The offer is good until October 15th.
The official T&C of the PC only says by 9/30 even though the search engine shows valid results up to 10/15.

Does Hertz have a track record to honoring PC bonus miles/points as long as it's bookable, or they follow their stated T&C to the dot ?

I have an early-Oct rental booked, one under 305023 and one under 306644 and deciding which one to cancel.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I usually rent with National but was unable to get a one-day reservation at PHX this week. So I went with Hertz for the miles (2750, no 5000 bonus unfortunately).

I was reminded once again how badly Hertz sucks. The service is terrible, the vehicles are cheap, and they nickel and dime you on everything. I reserved a full size and they tried to give me an intermediate. The Gold area at Sky Harbor had about a dozen people standing around waiting for help and zero employees anywhere to be seen. After rejecting the first two dogs they tried to give me, I wound up with a gutless Chevy Malibu for $66/day. The contrast with National is really stark, especially at PHX, where National has an excellent fleet and I typically get a 2 or 3 class upgrade just for being Emerald Club.

I don't care how many bonus miles they give out, I'm never voluntarily choosing Hertz again.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I usually rent with National but was unable to get a one-day reservation at PHX this week. So I went with Hertz for the miles (2750, no 5000 bonus unfortunately).

I was reminded once again how badly Hertz sucks. The service is terrible, the vehicles are cheap, and they nickel and dime you on everything. I reserved a full size and they tried to give me an intermediate. The Gold area at Sky Harbor had about a dozen people standing around waiting for help and zero employees anywhere to be seen. After rejecting the first two dogs they tried to give me, I wound up with a gutless Chevy Malibu for $66/day. The contrast with National is really stark, especially at PHX, where National has an excellent fleet and I typically get a 2 or 3 class upgrade just for being Emerald Club.

I don't care how many bonus miles they give out, I'm never voluntarily choosing Hertz again.
I too usually use National through our corporate contract. Had a personal rental a few weeks ago, price was only $5 more on Hertz so I went with it for the miles. Got hit with the $13.99 fuel fee for not presenting a fuel receipt at return - the agent never asked for one. Already contact Hertz, have heard nothing from them after a week. I'll be disputing the $13.99 with my credit card company.

Tried to use them again for another rental this week and price was twice what it was the last time for the same rental period. Never mind, I'm done. Used National and will stick with them until I have good reason not to.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Got hit with the $13.99 fuel fee for not presenting a fuel receipt at return - the agent never asked for one. Already contact Hertz, have heard nothing from them after a week. I'll be disputing the $13.99 with my credit card company.
Me too. I returned the vehicle with a full tank and they did not ask me for a receipt. This is borderline criminal conduct IMO.

I called and was told to e-mail my receipt to Hertz.com. If they don't refund, I will also be disputing the charge.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Me too. I returned the vehicle with a full tank and they did not ask me for a receipt. This is borderline criminal conduct IMO.

I called and was told to e-mail my receipt to Hertz.com. If they don't refund, I will also be disputing the charge.
Did either of those charges end up on your digital receipt?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

I am disappointed that the Presidential Plus discontinued the Avis benefits - from what I have experienced, none of the Hertz cars that I have rented come anywhere close to the quality of the cars that Avis offers. I remember a few years back - I got upgraded from an intermediate car to a Lincoln MKS for free...that was an amazing ride.

To be frank, the thing that bothers me the most is that none of the Hertz cars I've rented has leather seats - whereas almost every single Avis car I rented did. But alas, the programs changed, and to be frank - Avis was almost always the most expensive rental option - so I didn't use them, given I travel on my own dime for leisure.

I will never use National again - I booked a mid-size SUV, and they 'upgraded' me to a Wrangler without telling me it was only a two-door car (I saw 4-doors online, so I assumed that was what I was going to get) with 1990s technology (manual windows, no remote to unlock the car, etc.). Our friends riding in the back were not pleased at all the entire weekend.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
Did either of those charges end up on your digital receipt?
What do you mean be "either" charge? I got hit with a fuel service fee on the receipt they e-mailed to me after I returned the car. I called and the woman who must field these complaints literally all day long said there was nothing she could do, I need to e-mail my gas receipt to Hertz.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I will never use National again - I booked a mid-size SUV, and they 'upgraded' me to a Wrangler without telling me it was only a two-door car (I saw 4-doors online, so I assumed that was what I was going to get) with 1990s technology (manual windows, no remote to unlock the car, etc.). Our friends riding in the back were not pleased at all the entire weekend.
Sorry but one bad experience at a single location is not indicative of National's quality and service. I've been renting from them for 20 years and can count on one hand the instances in which they disappointed. (by contrast, I've been forced to use Hertz from time to time over the same period, and I can't remember a single time that they didn't do something to piss me off).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I am disappointed that the Presidential Plus discontinued the Avis benefits - from what I have experienced, none of the Hertz cars that I have rented come anywhere close to the quality of the cars that Avis offers. I remember a few years back - I got upgraded from an intermediate car to a Lincoln MKS for free...that was an amazing ride.

To be frank, the thing that bothers me the most is that none of the Hertz cars I've rented has leather seats - whereas almost every single Avis car I rented did. But alas, the programs changed, and to be frank - Avis was almost always the most expensive rental option - so I didn't use them, given I travel on my own dime for leisure.

I will say as much as Hertz shystered me on the gas, I had a fully loaded Buick that even had digital dash readout projected on the bittom of the windshield.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cargojon
I will say as much as Hertz shystered me on the gas . . . .
I'm surprised they haven't been sued for this.

You return the car with a full tank, the attendant says "thanks . . . can we just e-mail you the rental receipt?" He does not ask to see a gas receipt or tell you that unless you volunteer your receipt, you're going to get hit with a fuel service fee. It is the epitome of an unfair and deceptive business practice.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:05 pm

I'm surprised they haven't been sued for this.

You return the car with a full tank, the attendant says "thanks . . . can we just e-mail you the rental receipt?" He does not ask to see a gas receipt or tell you that unless you volunteer your receipt, you're going to get hit with a fuel service fee. It is the epitome of an unfair and deceptive business practice.
Yes, and supposedly an e-mail was sent out a few months ago to advise customers of this. I never got such an e-mail, even though I have super-Hertz status via the UA partnership. Go figure.

I don't even have the receipt anymore, but I sure as heck show the $9.00 charge from the gas station on my credit card statement. Idiots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.