Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TATL 2h 20m turn at ORD: UA949 >> UA952, can United execute?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TATL 2h 20m turn at ORD: UA949 >> UA952, can United execute?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Update: 949 is enroute to ORD, sked arrival 7 minutes late.

Weather looks pretty good with possible thunderstorms forecast to have blown over by afternoon.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by transportprof
Weather looks pretty good with possible thunderstorms forecast to have blown over by afternoon.
I can see it now...Delay due to weather in our route network

Good luck!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Update from ORD: Stopped by the gate at T - 1 hour. No aircraft at the jet bridge yet. Will it be there when I return at T- 30 minutes?

I'll report much later as I don't plan to purchase wi fi on the plane.

For those who care tune in tomorrow.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
Update from ORD: Stopped by the gate at T - 1 hour. No aircraft at the jet bridge yet. Will it be there when I return at T- 30 minutes?
Well they're still showing on-time departure . . . .

And booked only 20/26 in BF with no names on the waitlist!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
The flight in question isn't due to leave LHR for another 6 1/2 hours. The inbound flight from EWR to LHR is currently due to arrive 10 minutes early.

I would guess you had the wrong day, but Sunday's 949 departed 14 minutes late and arrived 6 minutes late, so I have no idea what you're referring to...
I was looking at 952, the flight the OP was concerned about, but on the wrong day indeed.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Lol, I just looked and it had a posted delay due to late inbound aircraft, despite the fact that said aircraft, if one clicked through, was listed as having arrived 4 min early.

In the 20-30 seconds it took me to do that, though, they changed the delay to 40 min and ATC.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FortFun
In the 20-30 seconds it took me to do that, though, they changed the delay to 40 min and ATC.
Which is at least potentially legitimate. http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/AirportLookup.jsp?q=ORD is reporting :
Due to WX:Thunderstorms, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 16 minutes and 30 minutes in length and increasing.

Of course, whether that's the only reason for the delay or not is something we'll probably never know...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Final update: Plane arrived at the gate @5:30 pm on June 29. Interestingly, it arrived under its own power (not via tug).

GA made some excuse that weather was impacting their operations, and it was raining, but no lightning alert that I was aware of.

Flight departed almost an hour late, but we made up half that time due to favorable winds. It was one of the smoother TATL crossings that I have had in a while.

Bottom line - United executed in 'good enough' mode. Not punctual, but most connections @MUC were made, but there were lots of people milling around gate C15 for the hour when we were scheduled to board, with little info on where our aircraft was.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FortFun
Lol, I just looked and it had a posted delay due to late inbound aircraft, despite the fact that said aircraft, if one clicked through, was listed as having arrived 4 min early.

They'll probably say that the plane was "late arriving at your departure gate." That one will buy them a lot of excuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.