Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Providing Advance Notice (multiple days) of Delays/Cancellations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Providing Advance Notice (multiple days) of Delays/Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hooterbif
Well, I told UA that I was entitled to 400% of my fare because I am being denied boarding. The agent said that I was not being denied boarding and could show up tomorrow to board if the plane is there, but she said that United won't have the plane there.
Lol. Thanks for the good laugh. You think airlines would still be in business if they had to give everyone 400% of the fare on flights they had to cancel?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
ATC routinely informs airlines of upcoming flow control program if it has confidence that an approaching storm would impact operations at that airport. ATC and UA are actually doing you a favor, rather than have you show up for your scheduled flight only to find out that they knew a day beforehand of a good possibility of cancellation.

Well, I told UA that I was entitled to 400% of my fare because I am being denied boarding.
FT also stands for "fantasy talk," where you can make up whatever rules as you fancy. Dream on.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Again as I said the crew working your flight are already in HKG the crew who are on the delayed flight out of EWR don't return until the 7th. Kinda hard to recrew the aircraft when their aren't any HKG FAs that are allowed to work sCO metal.
Sad that we're coming up to four years since the operations of the 2 subsidiaries were combined, and it really is still two airlines operating under one name.

Last edited by goalie; Feb 25, 2016 at 10:05 am Reason: removed unnecessary comments
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Well, I told UA that I was entitled to 400% of my fare because I am being denied boarding.
Did you also read out to the agent the specific DOT regulation on denied boarding that requires UA to pay this out in your specific situation.

Of course, please do follow-up and let us know how you were able to collect on that.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Weird stuff with my reservation

I have a RT to Singapore through NRT. I did the leg to SFO-NRT-SIN a few days ago and next week I return SIN-NRT-SFO.

My app now tells me that a flight is delayed and that I may make changes without any charges.

But my return flights are next Tuesday quite a few days away and none show as delayed.

Do I need to be worried?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by piemel
I have a RT to Singapore through NRT. I did the leg to SFO-NRT-SIN a few days ago and next week I return SIN-NRT-SFO.

My app now tells me that a flight is delayed and that I may make changes without any charges.

But my return flights are next Tuesday quite a few days away and none show as delayed.

Do I need to be worried?
I wouldn't get too worried - this happens to me as well - for some reason the app really struggles with dateline changes. Just keep an eye on it - I'm betting it goes away on its own soon.....
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by piemel

Do I need to be worried?
I believe SIN-NRT service is ending once the SIN-SFO ultra-long haul nonstop service begins. If you're traveling after this change, you won't be flying UA SIN-NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.