Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What am I missing? Air Canada flights not showing up on UAL.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P

So I've done some searching and can't seem to find an answer to this---why are Air Canada flights not showing up as an option for purchase when I run a search via UAL.com?

I am trying to book a trip from Kansas City (MCI) to Copenhagen (CPH) and several weeks ago when I ran a search via my phone one option that showed up included Air Canada flight 882 (a direct Toronto to Copenhagen flight) paired with a direct flight out of Kansas City to Toronto (YYZ).

Searching today on my desktop (need to go back and rerun the search on my phone), I can't seem to come up with anything including AC882. I have tried changing dates, changing my route (forcing it to simply search Toronto to Copenhagen), changing class of service etc. Basically, I've tried everything possible to get UAL.com to show AC882. It just doesn't--I've confirmed seats are available by running the search on Air Canada's website--multiple days, multiple classes etc and there is availability across the board on this flight across multiple days. Yet, UAL doesn't show it.

What am I missing? Is there any way to force the search engine to use a particular flight?

Thanks for any advice--I'd really prefer to fly two legs between here and Toronto vs the 3-4 UAL.com seems to want to force upon me.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Hipmunk might do the trick. If it doesn't, you can always call...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:14 pm

bdaviskc - I've noticed the same thing with award flights. I had been scouring UA for weeks for flights NYC - PRG and had ultimately determined my only choice was routing involving AC. Then one night last week not only that option disappeared, but all the other options involving AC disappeared as well, not only from NYC but also BOS. I've tried to reconstruct it as well with no luck. If you can't reconstruct with paid flights, that's even worse. I am so bummed.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bdaviskc
.... Is there any way to force the search engine to use a particular flight? .....
Not directly but with multi-destenation forced routing you can usually get it pop up.

Sometimes a routing will not show up if the system deems it too expensive compared to available options.

Also try Search by Schedule to see more options.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
This is a really old thread, but I'm trying to book EWR-YVR a few months out and United.com is not showing any of the daily directs. Every so often I'll find one popping up as an award option, but nothing where I can purchase.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gold23
This is a really old thread, but I'm trying to book EWR-YVR a few months out and United.com is not showing any of the daily directs. Every so often I'll find one popping up as an award option, but nothing where I can purchase.
UA appears to stop flying EWR-YVR direct in a few weeks time (last flight Sept 8). There are still AC flights, but it doesn't look like they are UA codeshares.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by docbert
UA appears to stop flying EWR-YVR direct in a few weeks time (last flight Sept 8). There are still AC flights, but it doesn't look like they are UA codeshares.
Thanks. That's actually what I meant. I've seen the AC flights on award searches sporadically, but almost never on the revenue side.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gold23
Thanks. That's actually what I meant. I've seen the AC flights on award searches sporadically, but almost never on the revenue side.
The lack of codeshares may be the issue. Try Google Flights ( or other systems) that may push you back to united.com, that sometimewill be a workaround.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The lack of codeshares may be the issue. Try Google Flights ( or other systems) that may push you back to united.com, that sometimewill be a workaround.
that only works if you have at least 1 UA coded flight in there.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Yeah awards don’t require code share and is totally different from revenue options. You’d have to purchase on AC ticket stock
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Yeah awards don’t require code share and is totally different from revenue options. You’d have to purchase on AC ticket stock
And unfortunately, the award workaround is long gone - back before the travel options days, the site used to give you the option to purchase an itinerary found as an award for cash price - for some airlines that didn't work so well (ie, SQ, where they can't price discount fares), but for AC, worked plenty well.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Did you try to book over the phone? But ask yourself: other than mileage credit being different if booked on 016 ticket stock, what incentive does UA have to sell you and ticket an itinerary that is not a codeshare and of which UA is not operating any segments? They incur all the costs of servicing your itinerary, but earn no revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.