Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Duke787
Yeah - is that the key to getting the better bourbon at EWR?
yes and do it before they serve you
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
house bourbon for a bourbon and diet coke was Wild Turkey 81.
Might be new or EWR-only, because the house bourbon in CLE today wasn't.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
At EWR C120 now, and that baked-potato soup--basically, a chowder with delicious bits of bacon--is some good stuff. It is taking a considerable effort to restrain myself from getting a second helping.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold
At a UC (EWR C120 specifically) for the first time in a while. Color me surprised when the house bourbon for a bourbon and diet coke was Wild Turkey 81. That's a huge improvement over the plonk they had last time I was in a UC.

Didn't see any reports of this when I searched the thread so don't know if this is new / specific to EWR / old news by now.
That was the house bourbon when I was there last April. Although maybe the bartender felt sorry for me because he knew the ....... next to me was about to proposition me.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Some time ago several people (myself included) were lamenting the swill they serve as the complimentary gin in the United Clubs. McCormick's gin. When I infrequently go to the large discount liquor store in our area I often check for McCormick's just for laughs to check the price. Have never ever seen it...until today. I did a price check comparison. The regular (not the more expensive Number 10, or some such) 1L bottle of Tanqueray gin was $33.18. By comparison, the 1L (plastic) bottle of McCormick's gin was $6.49.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Coskigirl
That was the house bourbon when I was there last April. Although maybe the bartender felt sorry for me because he knew the ....... next to me was about to proposition me.
Since he served you the good stuff, maybe it was the bartender that was planning to proposition you.

Last edited by geo979; Jan 28, 2016 at 4:14 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
I'm an ignorant people—what is the harm of re-using a plate? That the communal spoon might rub the food/dressing residue on the plate? Or something else that doesn't occur to me now?

I had the impression most peoples' buffet-to-plate interaction resembled 'air drop' more than 'boots on the ground'.
My home at DEN has water taps by the coffee machines for filling up cups of water and bottles. My peeve is people that cup their personal drinking bottles around the spout while filling it up. It's unsanitary to themselves and the next person using it. I usually get my water from the cooler of ice water next to it, then I saw them filling it from that exact spout.

But I have an immune system, and there are worse hygiene issues in the world (Flint). Plus it's probably not anything worse than unseen things that go on at restaurants before the plate hits my table.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2016 at 5:59 pm Reason: Please attribute quotes
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
From last weekend, MSP has what seems to be hybrid new/old food offerings (at least in the afternoon). Baked potato soup (which, I agree, is pretty good), pita slices and hummus in little individual containers, refrigerator filled with Fresca cans, packets of carrots, and cheese.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCA writer
At EWR C120 now, and that baked-potato soup--basically, a chowder with delicious bits of bacon--is some good stuff. It is taking a considerable effort to restrain myself from getting a second helping.
Potatoe soup is my least favorite. Kind of bland and a bit heavy. A good winter pick I guess. I've never gotten much bacon flavor out of it.

I'm tired of people saying 'ciabatta' when they mean stale. The breads are only good for dunking in the soup.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Where did the Skittles go ! Tons of salami at SFO international, and no skittles yesterday. I almost rioted.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Where did the Skittles go ! Tons of salami at SFO international, and no skittles yesterday. I almost rioted.
About the same in DEN. No Skittles twice last week, but salami to go around.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Lol...page after page of posts complaining about no salami...proof that we FT'ers are never happy!

Seriously though, the inconsistency in the food offer is disappointing. My UC membership expires Tuesday. I wasn't going to renew because of the price increase, but then I've recently had a lot of use with winter delays. Then the food can't be counted on. I wish it were an easier decision.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
From last weekend, MSP has what seems to be hybrid new/old food offerings (at least in the afternoon). Baked potato soup (which, I agree, is pretty good), pita slices and hummus in little individual containers, refrigerator filled with Fresca cans, packets of carrots, and cheese.
That's kinda funny. Were there cans of Tab as well?

I am not in the United Clubs much, but I don't recall Fresca ever being served...
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
That's kinda funny. Were there cans of Tab as well?

I am not in the United Clubs much, but I don't recall Fresca ever being served...
Nope, literally two dozen cans of Fresca and a half pitcher of orange juice from the morning.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Nope, literally two dozen cans of Fresca and a half pitcher of orange juice from the morning.
Can we hope to see Yoo-hoo extending these beverage innovations in future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.