Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
IAD D8 today had Chicken Corn Chowder and Tomato Bisque. Both of them are improved with a splash of Sriracha.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
IAH C (new club) has Italian Wedding soup. So does the RD-F club.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
HNL UC: Chicken Noodle soup (05/17/17)! Not tomato basil!

David
Old May 22, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
No more Tomato Bisque, now it's Italian Wedding?

OK, we had Tomato Basil Bisque for a while, now it's Italian Wedding I've been seeing all over. ORD, MSP. Is Italian Wedding the systemwide soup for last/this week? Sigh.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ruhr
OK, we had Tomato Basil Bisque for a while, now it's Italian Wedding I've been seeing all over. ORD, MSP. Is Italian Wedding the systemwide soup for last/this week? Sigh.
June is traditionally the most popular month for weddings in the US.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver
At Denver West, 4 soups are out and surely for the love of Pete not all 4 will be Tomato Basil...surely!!! Nope, 4 full pots of Tomato Basil.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by geo979
At Denver West, 4 soups are out and surely for the love of Pete not all 4 will be Tomato Basil...surely!!! Nope, 4 full pots of Tomato Basil.
So I guess they're changing the soups for the new month of June? Yesterday they still had Italian Wedding at LGA in New York.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by geo979
Same on Monday
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver
For kicks, I came over to Denver East. You guessed it. 8 out of 8 for tomato basil. Actually 9 out of 9 since they were just replacing an old tomato basil with a brand spanking new tomato basil.

It's been a few months but I know in the past I have seen 2 different soups in the same club at the same time at both Denver and houston.

C'mon Man!! Even the most ardent tomato basil lover on the planet would probably like 1 other soup to go along with their other 7 pots of Tomato basil!!

Hey gang, is anyone at the Seattle United Club right now? Is their soup tomato basil? I'll be there in a few hours and i'm hoping for something, ANYTHING, other than tomato basil.

If I were a starving hyena I would get a fit of the dry heaves if the Seattle united club has tomato basil. I can't stand their tomato basil. Plus, the salt content is outrageous.

Originally Posted by nycityny
So I guess they're changing the soups for the new month of June? Yesterday they still had Italian Wedding at LGA in New York.
This morning it was Italian Wedding Soup at FLL.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 3, 2017 at 12:12 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Last Friday, was in the B18 UC, and it was Tomato Basil as well. Asked if it was vegetarian (to see if my wife could eat it), and of course, it is not.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Last Friday, was in the B18 UC, and it was Tomato Basil as well. Asked if it was vegetarian (to see if my wife could eat it), and of course, it is not.
How can tomato basil soup not be vegetarian? Is it a beef stock base?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
How can tomato basil soup not be vegetarian? Is it a beef stock base?
Indeed. Many vegetable dishes are prepared with meat stock, chicken powder, lard, shrimp paste, fish stock, etc. Many dessert items and yogurt contain gelatin.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer
some delicious mini cheesecake tarts
Gone. <sigh>
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Probably not best read for this but yesterday IAH/EWR 1666 was served a dreadful concoction of hummus(?), almonds, sliced Turkey, and celery for breakfast. Maybe they raided UC buffet. In any case, beyond awful. Right out of "Oliver Twist"
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Indeed. Many vegetable dishes are prepared with meat stock, chicken powder, lard, shrimp paste, fish stock, etc. Many dessert items and yogurt contain gelatin.

It would be nice if UA could clearly label each eligible item as "Vegetarian", "Vegan" or "Kosher".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.