Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Interestingly enough after my recent FRA-ORD flight, I got a survey request in an email from United with the title " We are interested in your opinion regarding Pre Departure Beverages". On clicking the link, it was a one question survey that asked if I took the PDB ( not asking whether it was offered or not). That's it....shortesy survey ever!!
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by akhibhag
Interestingly enough after my recent FRA-ORD flight, I got a survey request in an email from United with the title " We are interested in your opinion regarding Pre Departure Beverages". On clicking the link, it was a one question survey that asked if I took the PDB ( not asking whether it was offered or not). That's it....shortesy survey ever!!
Same. I said no.

BRU to EWR.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Same. I said no.
Was it offered on that flight though?

That's a terrible survey if they don't offer a PDB, and the closest answer to "did you have a PDB?" is therefore "No", as they now can go with:

"You spoke & we listened: in line with our valued customers' overwhelming preference of not requesting a PDB, starting from xx-date, we will no longer offer a PDB on any United or United Express flights."
dinoscool3 and gcashin like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Given it is no longer a published benefit for a PDB, I suspect the word is out to FA's they don't have to do it
I do think this is a published benefit. Just received a long survey from UA about PDB Service on a flight last week. Why would UA send me a rather detailed survey for a benefit they do not intend to provide?
unlike for others, mine had several pages worth of questions.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Was it offered on that flight though?

That's a terrible survey if they don't offer a PDB, and the closest answer to "did you have a PDB?" is therefore "No", as they now can go with:

"You spoke & we listened: in line with our valued customers' overwhelming preference of not requesting a PDB, starting from xx-date, we will no longer offer a PDB on any United or United Express flights."
Yes, the flight had offered PDB.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akhibhag
Received the same survey. I answered "don't remember" because it has been a few weeks.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
I do think this is a published benefit. Just received a long survey from UA about PDB Service on a flight last week. Why would UA send me a rather detailed survey for a benefit they do not intend to provide?
I think, but others can correct me, it was removed from the website somewhat recently (I couldn't find it on the website) and perhaps the survey is a result of that
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Why would UA send me a rather detailed survey for a benefit they do not intend to provide?
So they can extrapolate & justify a reasoning for NOT providing it anymore!
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I think, but others can correct me, it was removed from the website somewhat recently (I couldn't find it on the website) and perhaps the survey is a result of that
Yes, it was a published benefit previously. Now it's a random benefit.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
How on earth can they have several pages of questions for a survey about PDBs?
narvik and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No PDB in J on LAX-EWR last night. 781. EWR based crew (of course).
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by narvik
So they can extrapolate & justify a reasoning for NOT providing it anymore!
Most of us know that you can word a survey to obtain the exact result you are looking for...
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, it was a published benefit previously. Now it's a random benefit.
so if this is not a published benefit, why would UA send detailed surveys how one appreciates certain aspects of this benefit such as the new glasses that you can keep during taxing and take-off?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so if this is not a published benefit, why would UA send detailed surveys how one appreciates certain aspects of this benefit such as the new glasses that you can keep during taxing and take-off?
Are the surveys considered a 'publication' of the benefit?

PDB was explicitly listed in the description of F / J service, but that has been completely removed (as far as I can find, anyway). Now I don't find any statement anywhere that PDB will be offered.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Are the surveys considered a 'publication' of the benefit?
well of course they are not. Now, if a company sends you a post-experience survey how you appreciated the various features of 'a service', they clearly expected that you and all other guests experiences such service, wouldn't you agree? There are many unpublished services with UA or any other service provider, we can't assume that the lack of explicit publishing means they do not intend to offer it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.