Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by UAmilehighflyer
Took my mileage run in paid first and was very much looking forward to 3 PDB's since I paid for them afterall, but would have been 0 for 3 had I not asked on the final flight. She was offering water and I politely asked if they stopped doing "other" beverages and she said they were trying to board quickly but would get me whatever I wanted. So I type this with a Vodka/Soda at my side. Cheers!
Thats the way! Enjoy!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
Prior to this month, in the past two years I can't recall having had the PDB skipped. Now out of eight flights this month I've had it skipped on three (one UAX, one Hawaii, one standard domestic mainline). Has something happened? Or did lightning strike

--
Add Polaris flight for me. I did not get PDB for ORD-PVG. I had no complaint about it because I was the last-minute Op upgrader.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:11 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
DEN-IAD on 12/23 had no PDB offerings. I was one of the first on board; they went the entire boarding without the FAs asking anyone in F. OTOH, the flight had been delayed about an hour, so maybe they didn't want to get in the aisles.

Contrast to IAD-DEN on 12/21 where I was literally the last pax on board and the FAs still came by to take PDB order.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
FLL-ORD today had no PDB. We boarded on time, plane was catered, but FAs just stood in the galley chatting. I asked about PDB and they said "in the air you can have whatever you want." They then offered water only. We left 10 minutes early and they had plenty of time. They were just lazy IMO.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have noticed a real trend on the E175 aircraft for the FA to not even attempt PDB. I feel a little bit for them, as having 1 FA monitor the boarding door, as well as take care of 12 FC passengers, does seem a bit much. But when boarding is finished early and they are just standing around anyway, that is when I get annoyed.
gcashin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: 1K
Of my 45 or so flights last year, only one didn't have a PDB offered, so I can't complain too much. The flight with no PDB offer we were delayed 45 minutes and the flight attendant was standing in the aisle talking to passengers and complaining that the pilot wasn't here yet. That said, on my flight home yesterday from FRA, PDB offered, and then one drink for the entire lunch service. It wasn't until after dessert etc when they turned the lights off did a flight attendant come by and ask if we wanted refills. We were in the old global first seats, so I'm wondering if this just had to do with them leaving to go help the business section in the back.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
I flew IAD-DEN yesterday on a 737-900. There was no offer of a PDB to anyone in FC. I wasn't sure if this was a new thing as I'd seen this thread but hadn't read it until this morning. I got the first offer of a beverage 60 minutes after boarding, right after I was served dinner.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Gold
No PDB on EWR to GVA in retrofitted 767. We didn't really care since we had a few at the Polaris lounge.. I've seen FA's bringing a tray with beverages on other flights tho..
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
SLC-LAX E-175: As soon as I sat down I was offered anything I would like..
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Nihon_Ni
I got the first offer of a beverage 60 minutes after boarding, right after I was served dinner.
That's not good service.
canadiancow and porciuscato like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
UA 3401 CLT/EWR. Boarded 1140 then delayed until 1300 because gas guys overloaded tanks. FA did not offer FC Cabin anything. Flirting with GA and surfing on i phone took priority. Over an hour
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
PEK-EWR Tuesday Jan 8, FA offfered anything from the drink cart in addition to the standard offering of water, OJ or sparking wine.

Ordered scotch and got two bottles in return.
Flying Machine and narvik like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well I had my first no PDB flight on UA today on MIA-ORD on flight 1464. Absolutely horrendous crew - no drink or meal service until 1.5 hours into the flight (at which point we were just over an hour from ORD). We boarded 40 mins before departure and then ended up being delayed with the door closed waiting for more bags to be loaded - still the crew didn’t feel the need to serve a PDB. I’ve come to expect this on AA but so far my UA experience has been good and DL seems to always get it in.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:25 pm

Flew PDX-SFO and SFO-LIH, on 1/18 PDB offered on both flights, Coffee with Baileys for me. Cheers
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
03/11/19
ua783
lax-iad

no pdb. that said, looks like catering is just loading at T-7 minutes.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.