Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to 2014's thread (now closed):

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Feb 7th UA1062 SEA-IAH has a weird E+ set up on the seat map. 739, rows 7-11 are E+, row 12 on the port side only and then 14-15 are E- with the exits of course being E+.

Anyone ever seen this before?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hadrian35
Feb 7th UA1062 SEA-IAH has a weird E+ set up on the seat map. 739, rows 7-11 are E+, row 12 on the port side only and then 14-15 are E- with the exits of course being E+.

Anyone ever seen this before?
737-900 version 5 seatmap

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...k-changes.html
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Right. Great. I remember the news about slimline Lavs, but don't remember anything about the removal of E+...

I don't think I've seen config 3 or 4 either.

Not looking forward to the close in bookings were aisle E+ was scarce. Looks like it will be rarer in 2015.

Side note is there's 16 F seats booked and only one was an upgrade. I've had a gpu in for weeks and it hasn't cleared. Doesn't stop them from clearing E+ tho!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:32 pm

I saw a saver coach award from sfo-fra-pvg-fra-sfo for 70k. If I make a reservation with that and late call to make a stopover in fra either in outbound or inbound, will it get re-priced?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by z8108
I saw a saver coach award from sfo-fra-pvg-fra-sfo for 70k. If I make a reservation with that and late call to make a stopover in fra either in outbound or inbound, will it get re-priced?
It shouldn't. Reports are that they'll still allow that routing with the Europe stopover.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
I booked SEA-SFO in September for an appointment. Found out that I could go in April instead, but the change fee costs more than the ticket did.

Any way to negotiate a reduced change fee or would I have to cancel, eat the cost, and make a new reservation if I wanted to go in April?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ejg930
I booked SEA-SFO in September for an appointment. Found out that I could go in April instead, but the change fee costs more than the ticket did.

Any way to negotiate a reduced change fee or would I have to cancel, eat the cost, and make a new reservation if I wanted to go in April?
in general no -- the one exception is if a weather waiver occurs for the day of travel. SDC can be used to move a a few days but not months.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-tickets.html
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
in general no -- the one exception is if a weather waiver occurs for the day of travel. SDC can be used to move a a few days but not months.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-tickets.html

Ew, that's unfortunate. I get that I booked a nonrefundable fare but when it's literally cheaper to cancel and rebook it seems like there's a problem.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ejg930
Ew, that's unfortunate. I get that I booked a nonrefundable fare but when it's literally cheaper to cancel and rebook it seems like there's a problem.
The idea of a "scaled" change has been discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hange-fee.html but for now it is a single fixed amount for most domestic tickets -- international tickets have higher change fees.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:18 pm

Very basic question but if you try to apply RPUs to flights and then are waitlisted/it does not work out - they are credited back to your account, right?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by nygiants242
Very basic question but if you try to apply RPUs to flights and then are waitlisted/it does not work out - they are credited back to your account, right?
Yes
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by nygiants242
Originally Posted by steveman518
Yes
Had to call the last time RPU didn't clear.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:02 am

Everything I've read on FT/TPG/MMS/etc. seems to say that United allows 1 stopover and 2 open-jaw flights for a TATL RT ticket. However, their policy page says:

Traveling on an award ticket is not one-size-fits-all. You have the flexibility to choose the award type and class of service that suit your needs. All United awards are one-way, which means you can fly a Saver Award for one direction of travel and return using a Standard Award. You can also choose a different class of service for each direction.
Pulled from: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...vel/types.aspx

Is this just referring to domestic flights?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by louxda
Everything I've read on FT/TPG/MMS/etc. seems to say that United allows 1 stopover and 2 open-jaw flights for a TATL RT ticket. However, their policy page says:

Pulled from: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...vel/types.aspx

Is this just referring to domestic flights?
There is no contradiction.

You can create a round-trip award by putting two one-ways together. UA let's you mix a saver one-way and a standard the other, to create a mixed round trip.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There is no contradiction.

You can create a round-trip award by putting two one-ways together. UA let's you mix a saver one-way and a standard the other, to create a mixed round trip.
Except that if you build a round-trip award outside of CONUS/AK/Canada you can get three one-way flights, not two. :-:

*Subject to certain geographic and other constraints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.