Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you flown UA/ANA to Bangkok?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by joban
I'd actually like to here more about the UA/ANA experience than how to avoid the UA/ANA flights. Perhaps there can be another thread.
I did it once in Y, and it was the worst flight of my life. No exaggeration. My legs were killing me when we arrived in BKK.

I also did it once in J, and it was still uncomfortable, but the food and service were good.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
boycruz - I have noticed this too, attempting to book SFO-NRT-BKK in February. united.com wants me fly SFO-HKG-BKK on UA/CX, but this will produce fewer RDM, EQM and EQD. So even those pax willing to fly NH in Y to BKK, the joint venture is not working out for them.
And Kayak fares for past 2 weeks havent reflected any reality as well
When you click through to book on United (through kayak) the fare is
always twice the price
and this been going on for weeks
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Looking at BKK-TYO vv and you can't even get those fares to display on UA. If the NH flights are codeshares UA7968 (BKK-NRT)/UA7971 (NRT-BKK) shouldn't the site be able to sell those?
I am trying to do some thinking/forecasting for 2016 where I could be spending 4-5 months in Thailand.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I did it once in Y, and it was the worst flight of my life. No exaggeration. My legs were killing me when we arrived in BKK.

I also did it once in J, and it was still uncomfortable, but the food and service were good.
I just did it again this week. Business is still almost as uncomfortable as Y on the ANA leg.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
boycruz - I have noticed this too, attempting to book SFO-NRT-BKK in February. united.com wants me fly SFO-HKG-BKK on UA/CX, but this will produce fewer RDM, EQM and EQD. So even those pax willing to fly NH in Y to BKK, the joint venture is not working out for them.
This is so frustrating. Trying to book DFW-BKK around second week of March in W and only (very expensive, $3500) connections via TPE come up.
If I take away the "W only" away, I only see connections via HKG with CX.
I would consider that, (even though I would like to max my EQMs), but I can't even get a price.
Tried multi segment via NRT and nothing comes up at all with NH.
Tried changing default to 50, tried switching to Schedule instead of lowest....

These dates are far enough away from CNY? ...or is that a factor?

It would be nice to look at options/prices online without having to call.
Any advice before I have to pick up the phone?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chavala
Any advice before I have to pick up the phone?
Status match to AA for the ns DFW-HKG connecting to CX.

But that's really odd, I can get a $1700 W via NRT to price from SFO. Must be your DFW connection. UA wants you to switch to AA, too.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Status match to AA for the ns DFW-HKG connecting to CX.

But that's really odd, I can get a $1700 W via NRT to price from SFO. Must be your DFW connection. UA wants you to switch to AA, too.
I thought of that, but W shows up DFW-SFO for all flights. Some marrried segment BS you mean?
Well, if you don't know a trick than probably nobody does.
Time to call I guess <sigh>

It does seem like UA is really trying to tell me to go to AA, but I've made the decision to stick it out at least one more year and too late to turn back -- booked thru Sep 2015 with GPUs and well on my way to 1K for 2016.

But thank you for looking!

Last edited by chavala; Jan 28, 2015 at 8:49 am Reason: ad
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chavala
I thought of that, but W shows up DFW-SFO for all flights. Some marrried segment BS you mean?
Well, if you don't know a trick than probably nobody does.
Time to call I guess <sigh>

It does seem like UA is really trying to tell me to go to AA, but I've made the decision to stick it out at least one more year and too late to turn back -- booked thru Sep 2015 with GPUs and well on my way to 1K for 2016.

But thank you for looking!
I ran from DFW and got a $2173 W via HND and $2243 V via NRT.

Are you searching for everything from W fare up (Y, B, M, E, H, Q, V, W), or just W?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I ran from DFW and got a $2173 W via HND and $2243 V via NRT.

Are you searching for everything from W fare up (Y, B, M, E, H, Q, V, W), or just W?
It never occurred to me to search other than W, but you're right, lots more options come up with V.

Last edited by chavala; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:49 am Reason: too complicated! Never mind.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This thread has been replaced by https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ua-flyers.html, so will close this thread and refer all to the newer thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.