Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FelipeORD
but did not earn any PQF
This isn't good. Hopefully this is a glitch that United needs to address and not an 'enhancement'.

I love ABE but sometimes I need to get to EWR.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Seby12
This isn't good. Hopefully this is a glitch that United needs to address and not an 'enhancement'.

I love ABE but sometimes I need to get to EWR.
I wrote the MilagePlus service center and got it sorted. I was (manually) credited 1 PQF. The busflight also counted as 1 of 4 United-operated segments for the year.

Has anyone had a segment earn less than the 8 PQP that I got for the mighty bus route?

Last edited by FUNTOWNE; Jan 16, 2020 at 1:49 am Reason: PQD != PQP. I'm stuck in 2019 please help
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Lifetime miles fr elites are usually at the 500 mile minimum IIRC
That has not been my experience.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SAPriorityTag
That has not been my experience.
For UA/UX operated air flights the 500 min BIS for Lifetime Miles has long been true, for the bus service I have no idea
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Had to request one PQF to be added to my account for the bus. I really hope they fix this.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
I've had to email Mileage Plus twice now to get a total of 6 PQF manually credited for the bus (most recently on 2/12), so it does not appear to be fixed. They were pretty responsive both times getting the segments credited within 2-3 days of the email, but this really is an inconvenience for someone who "flies" this route regularly.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Is ths bus supposed to earn PQFs? The website calculator seems to indicate no.

Also, I've noticed that the bus is now operated by Landline (this route was formerly operated by Easton Coach). I just booked it, so I'll report back on whether it has been upgraded to an actual motorcoach, or if they're still only operating the hotel shuttle sized bus.

Last edited by diburning; Oct 6, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:23 am

So, I took the bus today. Here's a report:

If you know where the bus parks, there's no point in going to gate C71Z. They just herded everyone into a waiting area, and then there was a mad dash for the exit when they told us where to go.

It is indeed a Landline motorcoach. I think United isn't advertising this upgraded service because it's nowhere near ready yet. The bus was a "substitute bus" as the driver called it. It had Minnesota plates, so it's probably the Sun Country bus temporarily repurposed.

United assigned seats as A-B-C. The bus had the seats labeled A-C-F. The driver just told people to sit wherever they wanted. The bus was Landline branded, but had no United branding on it. There was no wifi, the connection was password protected and the driver didn't have the password, and it wasn't posted anywhere.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pagotto
Just a quick double check on this one since don't see anything recent...but the bus still earns 500 PQM (or 750 for Y/B fares)?

Thanks
Don't know but it's a brand new service with a much nicer bus and possibly TSA at ABE. American using same service to PHL
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:27 pm

No TSA at ABE for the bus. At least not unless Landline gets a deal with the TSA for some sort of system to keep the bus sterile (tamper evident door seal perhaps?)
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Did you earn a PQF? Would you happen to know if the bus counted as one of the four yearly segments needed for status qualification? Thanks!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
No TSA at ABE for the bus. At least not unless Landline gets a deal with the TSA for some sort of system to keep the bus sterile (tamper evident door seal perhaps?)
Landline has been working on a TSA security plan for a long time, chiefly for use between FNL and DEN, since FNL already has a staffed TSA checkpoint. Imagine ABE would be a similar fit.

Apparently one issue, among others, has been driver retention, SIDA badging of drivers, and ensuring integrity of screening during the drive (door seals as you note). Apparently they were "close" last spring but I haven't heard anything since.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FUNTOWNE
Did you earn a PQF? Would you happen to know if the bus counted as one of the four yearly segments needed for status qualification? Thanks!
No, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. I did write in because I didn't earn any PQPs or RDMs for the bus legs. I haven't heard back though
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't believe it's expected to earn PQF, min segments, or lifetime miles.

As of March 11, 2021, all bus service included in the purchase of air tickets will accrue PQP and redeemable miles. Bus transportation will not accrue Premier qualifying flights, minimum segments or lifetime miles toward Million Miler status.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/premier/qualify.html
​​​​​​​
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive

If you know where the bus parks, there's no point in going to gate C71Z. They just herded everyone into a waiting area, and then there was a mad dash for the exit when they told us where to go.

Does the bus not actually board at C71Z? I assumed it boarded where the shuttle buses to terminal A boarded. From what I can tell, checked bags are transferred for you? I will be going XXX-EWR-ABE and would love if they were transferred just like I was going between two regular flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.