Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC

Just a quick double check on this one since don't see anything recent...but the bus still earns 500 PQM (or 750 for Y/B fares)?

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Pres

Originally Posted by pagotto
Just a quick double check on this one since don't see anything recent...but the bus still earns 500 PQM (or 750 for Y/B fares)?

Thanks
Yup.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
A United schedule change bumped us to a connection time in EWR of 3 hours 45 mins. There was a flight available with a 1 hour connection...does UA think that this is too tight?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Is your connection ABE-EWR or EWR-ABE?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:50 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pinerd
and what is the EWR flight -- domestic or international
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by pinerd
ABE-EWR... 6:00am departure bus from ABE scheduled to arrive at 7:30am, EWR-MCO departs at 8:30am.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
and what is the EWR flight -- domestic or international
Domestic...MCO
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Filler03
Domestic...MCO
You're fine. Bus will get in even earlier than scheduled.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist

Everyone knows that dropped segments usually cancel any future segments on your itinerary. However, I'm wondering if this still applies to dropping the luxury bus service from ABE-EWR-XXX ;-)

Do they actually scan your "bus" boarding pass at ABE like a normal ticket? Anyone have any personal experience w/ this?

No flames please. Thanks :-)
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Yup - they scan your ticket just like when you board at any regular airport gate. The process isn't managed quite as closely as an airport gate but I would expect a cancellation if you skip it. As for getting it re-instated at EWR ---> YMMV
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
They collect your boarding pass when you board the bus - however I've legitimately boarded and taken the bus, and still gotten the dreaded !Please contact united! message when the system wanted to drop my segment; had to call in and get it fixed, even though I actually did take the bus.

If you want to skip the bus, chances are 95% you can call in and get them to fix it if/when it alerts.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:32 am

Anybody take from EWR-ABE routing? Because from somewhere to ABE(Allentown) is cheaper than PHL, NYC. Also, my checked lugguge do net need to pick up at the EWR airport?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Kwang su
Anybody take from EWR-ABE routing? Because from somewhere to ABE(Allentown) is cheaper than PHL, NYC. Also, my checked lugguge do net need to pick up at the EWR airport?
I take the EWR/ABE bus all the time. If you're departing from EWR, you'll pick up the bus airside at EWR. Your baggage will be loaded on the bus, and you'll pick it up curb side at ABE.

For the longest time I'd avoid the bus, but with a 500 mile minimum and living 5 minutes from ABE, it's super convenient.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by 323power
I take the EWR/ABE bus all the time. If you're departing from EWR, you'll pick up the bus airside at EWR. Your baggage will be loaded on the bus, and you'll pick it up curb side at ABE.

For the longest time I'd avoid the bus, but with a 500 mile minimum and living 5 minutes from ABE, it's super convenient.
This.

If you are flying for example MCO-EWR-ABE (via the bus), you would check your bags at MCO and would not see them again nor have to recover them until the bus driver unloads you at ABE, at which point you'll get them curbside.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:56 pm

Starting/ending in ABE isnt often cheaper but when it is or when it is close in price I always book through there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.