Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Questions on the ABE-EWR bus service segment (ABE-EWR-XXX)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Bus parks curbside on the Departures level (Level 3). They have a bunch of cones to block off the spot for the bus. Boarding is done curbside. C71Z was used as a seating area. Once they called for the flight, they had one agent walk toward the exit and passengers were told to follow. It was a mad dash because we were then mixed in with other terminal passengers both airside, and after we exited, landside as well.

Checked bags are transferred for you. Carry-ons can be put underneath during boarding as well if you don't need it during the ride (they will green tag them). There's very little overhead storage on the bus. If you have a small bag, the single seat side (on the right side of the bus) will fit the bag next to you. Otherwise, if you're on the other side (the two seat side), your carryon will either be behind your legs, or on your lap for the duration of the ride.

This information is also true when going the opposite direction. The bus has it's own stop in front of the terminal outside, and the gate agents will line people up outside next to the bus prior to boarding. If you know where it parks, you can skip the inside of the terminal entirely.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 13, 2022 at 12:59 am
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:39 pm

I'm doing this in a couple weeks and called United at ABE. They said the bus is now cleared to pick you up at C71Z like the old little bus used to. TSA at ABE (and PHL) for Landline is still being worked out. So, if what I was told Dec 14 is true, it's the same deal as it was for 30-odd years regarding how the bus works except a bigger bus with nicer seats and a plug for your phone (wife has taken it already, but had the same EWR-ABE experience as diburning, above...but that was a couple months ago).
I live very near ABE and saw the "United Bus" yesterday with the new Logo wrap treatment. Looks nice on the outside now and absolutely United branding.
Update Jan 2023---the Landline UA bus from EWR to ABE leaves from C71Z just like the old one. Took it a couple weeks ago. Was a little confusing because all the inter-terminal shuttles are also in the same area, almost the same gate. The experience has some areas for improvement, such as the waiting area at ABE is an obvious afterthouht (small, exposed to constantly opening outside doors so cold in winter). The bus has more seats but the rest of the setup on both ends seems better suited to the small bus. But the service is the same and the bus itself is nicer. Never able to get their wifi on phone no matter what, and I am not technology challenged. Their app stinks which you need to log in.

Last edited by mikem132; Feb 4, 2023 at 3:37 am Reason: Update Info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.