Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by sapguy
One comical sidelight: the UK passport control guy was "freaked out" as to why I would "fly all the way to Glasgow for slightly more than 24 hours" and pestered me with questions for more than 5 minutes, why this and why that. He was suspicious of my answer "I want to have a short visit of Glasgow"
Well no duh, how can you visit Glasgow without downing enough beer at the Horseshoe to need a night to sleep it off? You must have had "terrorist" screaming from your statistics.
But seriously (not really), why not tell the guy the truth:
"I took this trip solely for the purpose of getting enough miles to maintain my frequent flyer status in 2015"
The guy might have shook your hand and told you to join FT to get better information on how to keep your status without flying across the Atlantic and back. He might have even bought you a beer on his break.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Well no duh, how can you visit Glasgow without downing enough beer at the Horseshoe to need a night to sleep it off? You must have had "terrorist" screaming from your statistics.
But seriously (not really), why not tell the guy the truth:
"I took this trip solely for the purpose of getting enough miles to maintain my frequent flyer status in 2015"
The guy might have shook your hand and told you to join FT to get better information on how to keep your status without flying across the Atlantic and back. He might have even bought you a beer on his break.
I have always planned to tell the truth and always been disappointed that it's never come up. I mean, c'mon, 45 minute turn in MNL? 7 hours at SIN (in the middle of the night)? But I've always assumed I'm just one of many and they somehow recognize me for what I am. Plane dumb stupid.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:29 pm

FYI: https://mystatus.united.com/frontend/index.php shows my status for 2015. At the top it says: "Congratulations, you've earned Premier XXX status for 2015." And it appears to reflect a little bit of good customer service & grace by United. Nice. (Interestingly, the print a replacement card still shows my status expiring on 1/2015.) I've screen shot it, in case the good customer service gets undone.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by oshelef
FYI: https://mystatus.united.com/frontend/index.php shows my status for 2015. At the top it says: "Congratulations, you've earned Premier XXX status for 2015." And it appears to reflect a little bit of good customer service & grace by United. Nice. (Interestingly, the print a replacement card still shows my status expiring on 1/2015.) I've screen shot it, in case the good customer service gets undone.
How much "good customer service"? And was it in terms of PQM, PQS, or PQD?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
How much "good customer service"? And was it in terms of PQM, PQS, or PQD?
PQDs, and I was awfully close. (but I also wasn't way over on the other metrics.) I also had plenty of travel the first week of January (and at a high PQD/PQM ratio).
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Finally

Originally Posted by Madisonman39
I am just squeaking by this year on the PQDs. I was in South America and Mexico and paid nearly double the cost to fly home from MEX--over $1000 one way. I had hoped that by the end of the month United would have at least an informal policy that they would boost you if you were a few PQD short. No such luck and I did not want to take the chance. One item to note--be very careful if you have any type of discount coupon or electronic travel certificate. If it is an ETC, then you would get the PQD credit. If it is a discount code, especially a percentage off, then you will not get the PQD credit between the original and the discounted fare. These are in back to back lines on the FAQs section. United will also be continuing the policy that if you have up to two global upgrades, they will extend them to April 30, 2015 but ONLY if you qualify for 1K again. That alone was worth it to me.
I finally got the PQDs. It took numerous calls to mileage plus. After I was told (for the third time) to wait another week, I finally called HQ. It was resolved within a few hours.

One thing the agent told me is that if you get an "exception," in other words, if UA gives you the 1K status without meeting the full qualifications, then you will NOT get the six global upgrades. A second agent said the same thing. Has anyone found this to be the case? Has anyone been given 1K without flying 100,000 miles (or 120 segments) AND paying $10K in PQDs and still received the six GPUs. (Mine still have not come into the account yet, but I was told it would happen this week.)
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As we are now in a new elite qualifying year, will close this thread and move recent posts to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-2016-a.html.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.