Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Premier Status Offer Splash Screen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat

As I was helping some friends book an award ticket last night at 11:30 EST (thinking that the devaluation goes into effect Feb. 1 until I read FlyerTalk this morning), I saw a splash screen on united.com with words to the effect that appear in the title. Thinking that I only had 1/2 hour to help them book a ticket before the redemption values jump, I decided to come back to the screen at a later time. Now, however, I see the typical "flyer friendly" splash screens, but did not once again see the Exclusive Premier offer screen reappear. Did anyone else happen to land on the screen and know what the offer was about? I tried logging in and out to see if I can reproduce it but I was unable to do so.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Like this?

It maybe targeted. I finished 2013 at 20,000 and when I clicked, it took me to this complete with my 2013 details.
Letting me buy up an extra 5,000 PQMs for $799. LOL.

Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by SFO777
Was it $799 for 5K or 4K? My price is 4K for $799, 8K for $1399

Not worth it as I need that 8K miles for Gold. Though I almost spent $1100 on some flights at the end of the year for a mileage run. So maybe not so off base.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I needed 13K miles to get to silver (since I finished 2012 with only 12,xxx PQMs), and the offered price for 13K miles was $1999. It's definitely a custom offer tied to what you need to get to the next level based on your 2013 flying.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
FS-Mom was short of Plat, and is now 1P. Not seeing any offer on her account, or anywhere on the UA site..

Anybody got a link to the offer?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
http://united.com/2014status

is the link I think you want.

Also see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...te-status.html
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Steve M
I needed 13K miles to get to silver (since I finished 2012 with only 12,xxx PQMs), and the offered price for 13K miles was $1999. It's definitely a custom offer tied to what you need to get to the next level based on your 2013 flying.
$2000 for Silver is ridiculous. I think if I were 13K PQM short of 1K, I would have to hold my head for a while to spend $2k on 1K.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Like this?

It maybe targeted. I finished 2013 at 20,000 and when I clicked, it took me to this complete with my 2013 details.

Yes, exactly. Too expensive. I will pass. Thanks for directing me here.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I was emailed the same offer and I'm 11K short of platinum. The cost? $2049. Thanks for thinking of me, but no.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Comp Plat offer on splash screen

I actually just got a different offer on the splash screen. I was a PLAT last year and just got downgraded to a GOLD today.

However, when I logged into my account, the splash screen (which I clicked on) gave me an offer for complimentary PLAT until May 31 PLUS 2 immediate RPU's. If I fly 18k miles between now and 5/31 then I get to stay PLAT for the year. There seems to be no downside to the offer so I took it; worst case my previous PLAT status is extended for 4 more months and I return to GOLD and have 2 free RPU's to boot.

Beginning to test the waters on other carriers AA/US and WN with some spring bookings already made at better fares than UA was able to offer so we shall see.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
I actually just got a different offer on the splash screen. I was a PLAT last year and just got downgraded to a GOLD today.

However, when I logged into my account, the splash screen (which I clicked on) gave me an offer for complimentary PLAT until May 31 PLUS 2 immediate RPU's.
Long thread on this already:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ing-miles.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.