Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MAJOR Change coming {delayed} to GPU redemption on Lufthansa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAJOR Change coming {delayed} to GPU redemption on Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bennijiggs
Update: now the flight manager is saying they can't even give premier economy because the gpu is only good to business or first. This system stinks. I asked if I could at least be put on the upgrade list even though business is showing full in case some one didn't show and she said no. Need to start looking for different routes I guess using united metal perhaps.

Pushing tin, what type of business class seat is on the Den-FRA route?
Lack of availability is a risk with using instruments in any context...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:05 am

I think the LH A380 all biz class upper desk has been upgraded

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
LH on the 380 isn't that tough of an upgrade generally. The hard product isn't that great however.

I don't think the paper GPUs are a huge pita, so long as you can request them far enough in advance and don't have to mail them back.
Correction : Upper deck

To all full flat seats. Now, how may of the birds has been upgraded, I don't know. But the project was announced. IIRC, they loose like 6 seats only to achieve that.
If the plane has 98 seats, it's not full flat.
92 seats, full flat beds.

Last edited by Keller281; Nov 28, 2014 at 9:06 am Reason: Correct typo
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
The folks over in the Lufthansa forum do a pretty good job of keeping track of the new business class retrofits in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...outes-etc.html

I'm flying LH a lot more TATL with the new seats.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
UA Insider just announced that the electronic GPUs are live.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lectronic.html

Looks like there is an option to waitlist prior to T-10h.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bennijiggs
Update: now the flight manager is saying they can't even give premier economy because the gpu is only good to business or first. This system stinks. I asked if I could at least be put on the upgrade list even though business is showing full in case some one didn't show and she said no. Need to start looking for different routes I guess using united metal perhaps.

Pushing tin, what type of business class seat is on the Den-FRA route?
On the 747 I was on they seemed lay flat, but someone told me they were actually 160 degrees?? It felt lay flat and to me is more comfortable than the lay flat in the cocoon on UA metal. Plus the seat has a massager, which sounds kind of trivial, but I think helps with pressure points. Not as 'private' as the UA layflats. I was on an exit row, starboard side so it was nice that we didn't have to climb over each other. The config was 2-3-2, but no one was in the middles of the 3 ? Those seats might not be as much fun. I think the soft product is better on LH.

It was a FRA-DEN flight, so I was trying to stay up as much as I could. VOD was good. Others that have flown it more can comment.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:08 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MrOCTeckels
UA Insider just announced that the electronic GPUs are live.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lectronic.html

Looks like there is an option to waitlist prior to T-10h.
And with the announcement that this process is now live, let's continue the discussion in the above referenced thread

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.