FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Change coming {delayed} to GPU redemption on Lufthansa
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:58 am
PushingTin

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bennijiggs
Update: now the flight manager is saying they can't even give premier economy because the gpu is only good to business or first. This system stinks. I asked if I could at least be put on the upgrade list even though business is showing full in case some one didn't show and she said no. Need to start looking for different routes I guess using united metal perhaps.

Pushing tin, what type of business class seat is on the Den-FRA route?
On the 747 I was on they seemed lay flat, but someone told me they were actually 160 degrees?? It felt lay flat and to me is more comfortable than the lay flat in the cocoon on UA metal. Plus the seat has a massager, which sounds kind of trivial, but I think helps with pressure points. Not as 'private' as the UA layflats. I was on an exit row, starboard side so it was nice that we didn't have to climb over each other. The config was 2-3-2, but no one was in the middles of the 3 ? Those seats might not be as much fun. I think the soft product is better on LH.

It was a FRA-DEN flight, so I was trying to stay up as much as I could. VOD was good. Others that have flown it more can comment.