Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Case For Alan Mulally as UAL CEO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
He would turn the airline around in less than 12 months.
Literally not possible. United's fleet mix problems would take a half-decade to be fully resolved under best case conditions, and under more realistic circumstances the better part of 10 years. Even product improvements on the existing fleets would require a couple of years of work.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Alan Mulally would be great, but he is too old. It will take at least 10 years to fully turn around the airline and he would not be able to see it through.
Any leader could turn around UA quite quickly if they were willing to listen to their constituents (Employees and Customers). There are a lot of policy & soft product changes that would be very fast to implement, and have an immediate effect on morale and customer satisfaction.

UA's hard product isn't so bad. What they need most is a change in attitude and priorities. They don't have a fleet of duct-taped dilapidated aircraft like CO did when Gordon took over.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Literally not possible. United's fleet mix problems would take a half-decade to be fully resolved under best case conditions, and under more realistic circumstances the better part of 10 years. Even product improvements on the existing fleets would require a couple of years of work.
UA does have a mix of airplanes, but I would say its equal or better than DL's and especially AA is dealing with. UA's fleet is not the issue.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
It's not the fleet. It's providing just a much better experience overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.