Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an Archive thread, the active thread is LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) and Arrivals Lounge Discussion Thread

related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Arrival Lounge Hours 5 AM - 2 PM
United Club Hours 5 AM - 10 PM
Global First Class Lounge Hours 5 AM - 10 PM
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
Flying BF EWR-LHR. 3 hours, 30 minutes until connection on EI on the same PNR. United Club member. After reading all the posts and understanding that the walk between T2B and T2A and back is similar in length to walking Heathrow to Picadilly, which will be my best experience? (a) Walking out to Arrivals, shower and food, then return, if time permits, to the UA Club or, (b) just staying with the UA Club for shower and food? If it's UA Club the whole time, I'm assuming if I remain airside, I won't have to clear passport and customs until SNN. Correct me if I'm wrong. The walk won't bother me. As was stated by several, I appreciate the exercise after the overnight. And with the walk, I know I will have to go through C&I and return if Arrivals Lounge is the choice.
I would base it on arrival timeliness of inbound...
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
It was reported as being opened on 8th April in the Singapore Airlines thread.
By "recent" I meant my visit was about a week ago. But now that the SQ lounge is open it would be great if someone would compare it to the UC and the others. It's a very short distance from the AC MLL.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Flying BF EWR-LHR. 3 hours, 30 minutes until connection on EI on the same PNR. United Club member. After reading all the posts and understanding that the walk between T2B and T2A and back is similar in length to walking Heathrow to Picadilly, which will be my best experience? (a) Walking out to Arrivals, shower and food, then return, if time permits, to the UA Club or, (b) just staying with the UA Club for shower and food? If it's UA Club the whole time, I'm assuming if I remain airside, I won't have to clear passport and customs until SNN. Correct me if I'm wrong. The walk won't bother me. As was stated by several, I appreciate the exercise after the overnight. And with the walk, I know I will have to go through C&I and return if Arrivals Lounge is the choice.
If you stay airside, there is also an EI lounge where (once you have showered etc.) you could wait closer to your connecting flight.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
LHR Arrivals Lounge

As I don't do night flights (if at all possible!) I've never arrived at a time when I can use the United Arrivals Lounge at LHR.

What's it like? What's in there?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
There is limited discussion on the new T2 UA arrivals lounge in posts within this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-thread.html

Prior to the T2 consolidation, PMUA flights used the *A facility in T1 and I believe PMCO flights to T4 used the Yotel facilities for arrivals. I have read that the *A facility in T1 is still open to serve some airlines; there are a number of threads/posts on it, such as:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...minal-1-a.html (*A forum)

and assorted posts within http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2010-a.html (UA forum)

Last edited by gengar; Apr 11, 2015 at 7:48 pm
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check the following link for the exact steps you need to follow.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...lic-of-ireland

Whether you go to the United Club or the Arrivals Lounge you will have to go through security and passport control. If you decide to go to the Arrivals Lounge you will need to walk T2B > T2A, if you decide to go to the United Club it will be T2B > T2A > T2B > T2A.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Is the LHR UA arrivals lounge available to all *A business passengers ?

I will be arriving on TG in business , will I be able to get a shower before I head into London ?

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by ianp
Is the LHR UA arrivals lounge available to all *A business passengers ?

I will be arriving on TG in business , will I be able to get a shower before I head into London ?

Thanks.
No, it is only available to eligible passengers arriving on selected airlines' flights including UA, AC and SA. You can use a shower in the Plaza Premium Lounge which is next to the UA Arrivals Lounge for 15 GBP.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I will be flying UA GF from ORD-LHR and then onward to BKK on EVA Air Royal Laurel Class. Given that I will be arriving and connecting into LHR in UA GF, will I still be allowed access into the GFL? I have been able to do this previously at NRT, but don't know if this will be the case at LHR.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mrosskam
I will be flying UA GF from ORD-LHR and then onward to BKK on EVA Air Royal Laurel Class. Given that I will be arriving and connecting into LHR in UA GF, will I still be allowed access into the GFL? I have been able to do this previously at NRT, but don't know if this will be the case at LHR.
Yes, you will. The rules are the same everywhere. Arriving/connecting passengers have access.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pat+
Yes, you will. The rules are the same everywhere. Arriving/connecting passengers have access.
Just to be clear arriving/departing UA GF have access to the UA GFL (WW) -- the *A rule for IFLs is just departing International F
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
You will have to walk to T2A flight connections where there will be a document check before you get squirted out into the T2A departures area. From there you could walk back to the UA lounge in T2B, making sure you leave in time to walk (this time without travelators, against the flow) back to T2A.

Personally I would go to the Arrivals Lounge and be done with it.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
If referring to ORD-LHR-BKK post above, no way. To go to Arrivals Lounge you'd have to go through customs/immigration then re-enter through the terminal security. Way more of PITA.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
You will have to walk to T2A flight connections where there will be a document check before you get squirted out into the T2A departures area. From there you could walk back to the UA lounge in T2B, making sure you leave in time to walk (this time without travelators, against the flow) back to T2A.

Not sure which post you are responding to. If ORD-LHR-BKK all longhaul flights depart from T2B so no need to walk back to T2A. If LHR is the final destination the Arrivals Lounge makes more sense.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, United Presidential Card, Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
able to get into Heathrow United Club after customs?

Hi -- I am arriving in LHR T2 via United at 6am this June. I then have a separately booked flight out of T5 using British Airways at 6pm later that day. I expect that I will have to get my luggage (I do travel with a lot of bags as I am a photographer) and go through customs. I'd like to go back into T2 to the United Club at that point, and I see that I can leave my luggage at the left baggage service in T2. I called United Club and they said that I could go back into T2 to the United Club there by asking for a gate pass from the United agents. I pressed the representative and she admitted that this was definitely in the United procedures manual but she wasn't sure if it would work internationally. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to share. She confirmed: As someone who has a United Club membership, I should be able to get in the Club even without a boarding pass for a flight that day. As a Star Alliance Gold member, I would get in SA Gold lounges only with a boarding pass. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.