Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an Archive thread, the active thread is LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) and Arrivals Lounge Discussion Thread

related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Arrival Lounge Hours 5 AM - 2 PM
United Club Hours 5 AM - 10 PM
Global First Class Lounge Hours 5 AM - 10 PM
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 2:00 pm

I have recently sampled the United Club Lounge in Heathrow T2.

This is by far the best United lounge I have seen. Very spacious. Good hot food (breakfast). It even have a bunch of very decent shower stalls.

The receptionist was also very helpful. Upon request, she produced a ready shaped paper clip for me to change out my nano SIM on my iPhone.

Put the lounges in US to shame.

Last edited by Wong1234; Dec 27, 2015 at 2:34 pm
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Wong1234
I have recently sampled the United Club Lounge in Heathrow T2.

This is by far the best United lounge I have seen. Very spacious. Good hot food (breakfast). It even have a bunch of very decent shower stalls.

The receptionist was also very helpful. Upon request, she produced a ready shaped paper clip for me to change out my nano SIM on my iPhone.

Put the lounges in US to shame.
And such a change from the little packets of peanuts and shrink swapped "muffins"!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:53 am

Arrival - no connection - at LHR

[Apologies: This may be covered, but information in the thread may be old ... plus, I'm having a hard time navigating 40 pages of posts...]

I'm arriving at LHR from ORD & I'm *Gold (UA Platinum). I'd like to be able to take a shower that morning before heading to my meeting in the City... I'm flying coach, so I don't have access to the Arrivals Lounge after customs.

Question: Is there any way I can use the LHR T2 United Lounge that morning?

Thanks, all.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by angrybuddha
[Apologies: This may be covered, but information in the thread may be old ... plus, I'm having a hard time navigating 40 pages of posts...]

I'm arriving at LHR from ORD & I'm *Gold (UA Platinum). I'd like to be able to take a shower that morning before heading to my meeting in the City... I'm flying coach, so I don't have access to the Arrivals Lounge after customs.

Thanks, all.
Even if you could get there (and based on personal experience I'd say you can -- contrary to what others here have said) unless you're a UA club member you're nt entitled to UA club lounge access on arrival.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by angrybuddha

Thanks, all.
Zero, unless you have Priority Pass, in which case you can use Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge/shower, next to UA Arrivals.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GlobalFirst Lounge, and Arrivals Lounge Discussion Thread

Flying GF tomorrow Lhr-lax but will visit the UA business lounge vs the GFL. No comparison oddly.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by enviroian
Flying GF tomorrow Lhr-lax but will visit the UA business lounge vs the GFL. No comparison oddly.
Wow. That business lounge must be great. Can their chef whip up off-menu items on order like the GFL chef does? That would be amazing!

Never been there, but have been to GFL when we were two of the four people there and the only ones having a meal in the dining room . Can't image any lounge in UA system is better. I'm very curious about what the business lounge is like, and why you think it is superior.

Perhaps you are engaging in misdirection: Hoping that other GFL-eligibles will chose another lounge based upon your recommendation, leaving you to be the only one in the GLF?

Last edited by 747FC; Dec 31, 2015 at 5:36 pm Reason: Giving the OP benefit of doubt
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'll think of you while I'm in the GFL having the worlds best burger cooked to order served at a real dining table and ordered off a menu.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by milepig
I'll think of you while I'm in the GFL having the worlds best burger cooked to order served at a real dining table and ordered off a menu.
Agreed.

And they make my burger at 8 am during breakfast! ^
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Archiving the pre-2016 posts, the active thread is
LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) and Arrivals Lounge Discussion Thread

Please join the discussion there

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 11, 2019 at 3:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.