Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Arrivals by United Eligibility/Questions/Experiences [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals by United Eligibility/Questions/Experiences [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I haven't flown in quite a while and had a question about who has access to the arrivals lounge at LHR. In the past I know you couldn't use it on an upgraded economy ticket, but I was allowed in the times that I was on a business class award ticket. Do you still have access on business award tickets? The reason I am asking is that I got two business awards for my neice for her honeymoon from EWR to LHR. I took them to the airport yesterday and the agent said they weren't eligible. It was the older gentleman there and he wasn't very pleasant.
Does anyone know where I can find the details on the website? All I was able to find was a list of the arrivals lounge locations.
Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
The following is copy-pasted from Page 4 of "See more exclusive opportunities" on the 1K web site

A note about Arrival Suites
Because of the limited number of suites, access is limited to our Global Services members: traveling internationally and arriving at their destination before noon. The system automatically generates invitations for eligible members at check-in.

In Sept 05, ms. jmd001 and I (definitely non-GS) were on F awards from SFO to FRA and received an invite to enter Arrivals at FRA during our check-in at SFO. But that was 2 years ago. It appears policies change...

Last edited by jmd001; Sep 5, 2007 at 12:36 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While what you are quoting is correct, I don't believe that's the intent. I think it's just reminding people that GS members can enter on account of their status and nothing else, even if they're in coach. Award C still gets Arrivals access.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:04 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by jmd001
The following is copy-pasted from Page 4 of "See more exclusive opportunities" on the 1K web site

Because of the limited number of suites, access is limited to our Global Services members: traveling internationally and arriving at their destination before noon. The system automatically generates invitations for eligible members at check-in.

In Sept 05, ms. jmd001 and I (definitely non-GS) were on F awards from SFO to FRA and received an invite to enter Arrivals at FRA during our check-in at SFO. But that was 2 years ago. It appears policies change...
Last time I checked the website there was verbage about "International first class and full fare business class passengers." Dont know if that is true or not, but that's what it said.

Found it! Here it is: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50001,00.html

Last edited by kokonutz; Sep 5, 2007 at 1:05 pm Reason: found link
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Originally Posted by iflyual
Hi,
I haven't flown in quite a while and had a question about who has access to the arrivals lounge at LHR. In the past I know you couldn't use it on an upgraded economy ticket, but I was allowed in the times that I was on a business class award ticket. Do you still have access on business award tickets? The reason I am asking is that I got two business awards for my neice for her honeymoon from EWR to LHR. I took them to the airport yesterday and the agent said they weren't eligible. It was the older gentleman there and he wasn't very pleasant.
Does anyone know where I can find the details on the website? All I was able to find was a list of the arrivals lounge locations.
Thanks for your help.
This is a constant source of confusion among UA staff. It doesn't matter whether you're GS or not, it matters whether you're on a paid (miles or money) C ticket. Just keep asking and asking. If all else fails, ask them to look at the profile, where it says that XC is one of the eligible classes.

lucky is correct that you can get in on anything as a GS.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by iflyual
I haven't flown in quite a while and had a question about who has access to the arrivals lounge at LHR.
Access to Arrivals by United:
F, C, XF, NF, and XC, and any class of service flown by GS.
EOS.
Best, Dave
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
When they check in, the invitation will be generated automatically. As indicated above, they are definitely eligible on a business or first award ticket.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by GoingAway
When they check in, the invitation will be generated automatically. As indicated above, they are definitely eligible on a business or first award ticket.
Is the invitation always generated at check-in at departure city?

Is it necessary to ask for it if it is not offered?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grayland

Is it necessary to ask for it if it is not offered?
It's usually automatically offered when you check-in at your departure city. You can always ask otherwise, but if you are eligible you can get in even without it.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jmd001

Delighted to learn that my out-of-context, way-too-rapidly-sent posting was misleading ... and bordered on being incorrect. My apologies.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
For those of us who took advantage of the mistake CNZ fare to New Zealand. At time of check-in in SYD, you will receive an invitation to Arrivals Suite. Although my final destination was SFO, I did go to the Arrival Suite in SFO just out of curiosity.

My mother and friends flown in XC fare class to or through SFO from an international city in Asia, they never received an invitation to Arrivals Suite.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by bseller
Access to Arrivals by United:
F, C, XF, NF, and XC, and any class of service flown by GS.
EOS.
Best, Dave
This list is correct, but not exhaustive. You've left out A, P, D, and Z, all of which are eligible.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
If you're checking in where the first leg of the journey is on a partner (such as LH or BD or NZ) does the invitation automatically spit out there? Or should one ask at the connection point where you join UA?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by stewardo
If you're checking in where the first leg of the journey is on a partner (such as LH or BD or NZ) does the invitation automatically spit out there? Or should one ask at the connection point where you join UA?
Usually request it at cxn point in this situation ... for my last trip, they couldn't even see the rest of the itinerary so only printed the first bp. At my connection point, they printed out my bp along with the invite for the arrivals .
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
My mother and friends flown in XC fare class to or through SFO from an international city in Asia, they never received an invitation to Arrivals Suite.
They should have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.