Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Can someone remind me the procedure for accessing the UC/VIP if arriving EWR-LHR and departing LHR-IST on TK? I arrive at 835 pm and depart 1035 pm. Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by st530
Can someone remind me the procedure for accessing the UC/VIP if arriving EWR-LHR and departing LHR-IST on TK? I arrive at 835 pm and depart 1035 pm. Thanks!
I presume flying on single ticket and either J or *gold. I think best to use the LH lounge as TK I think leaves from 2A.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
I presume flying on single ticket and either J or *gold. I think best to use the LH lounge as TK I think leaves from 2A.
That would have been the right call. I had some extra time so I did the Sadistic walk from B to A security to B again to try to access the VIP Lounge but apparently it closes at 7 pm (wish I had noticed that in the Wiki!), so then I hoofed it back to A again and only caught about 15 mins in the Senator Lounge till it closed at 10 pm.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cesco.g
...Incidentially, what is the lounge situation at LHR these days?
All lounges closed at LHR T2 except for Plaza Premium. It appears the Lufthansa Lounge is open some days, but wasn't when I traveled. SQ/UA/AC definitely closed indefinitely.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 20, 2021 at 7:55 pm Reason: split post to lounge discussion lounge thread
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

All lounges closed at LHR T2 except for Plaza Premium. It appears the Lufthansa Lounge is open some days, but wasn't when I traveled. SQ/UA/AC definitely closed indefinitely.
Is this Plaza lounge being offered to UA premium fliers / UC members?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
According to the UA and Star Alliance websites, they do not indicate that the contract Plaza Lounge is available to United Club members.
So is there no lounge available then to UA pax at LHR? I note that today UA has announced a resumption of their BOS-LHR service.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
So is there no lounge available then to UA pax at LHR? I note that today UA has announced a resumption of their BOS-LHR service.
For some date in the future, it may be a race which is first -- the reopening of the LHR UC or the actual operation of the BOS-LHR UA flight. IMO, neither is likely soon.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
In December the LH club was open so UA pax used that. They had a system where you could order food and drinks from an attendant behind a bar. I assumed it was closed last week like absolutely everything else in London so didn't even walk past it, but based on a previous post and a quick search online it looks like it is open with limited hours.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:35 pm

The checkin agent at LHR said they were hoping for October 2021 reopening of the UC. That would be nice. The only lounge open in T2 now is the Plaza Premium which was heaving this morning.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I just bought a United J class ticket Lax-LHR-GVA. Is there no lounge in LHR for United J passengers?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tobikosan
I just bought a United J class ticket Lax-LHR-GVA. Is there no lounge in LHR for United J passengers?
As of 11 days ago, the only open lounge in T2 is the Plaza Premium. Amex Plat gets you in, but that's about it.

However, some of the AC staff were reasonably certain the LH lounge would be reopening "soon".
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Is there really no lounge for Polaris pax from LHR?

Traveling next month from LHR in C to USA. Is UA providing lounge access? None of the Star lounges appear to be operating at LHR.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:46 pm

They are all closed as of July 14 in Terminal 2. There is a Plaza Premium lounge but it is no longer contracted with Priority Pass so you will need an American Express Platinum for access.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 5:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Reports are the international UCs reopenings will begin in 2021Q4
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Presumably the timing will depend upon the US opening its borders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.