Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by runningpoints
Well, yeah? Repeatedly, as in 3 times over a 4 month period. I don't think its unreasonable to send a follow up once a month if you haven't received a reply?
I think he meant that they appreciate (not!) your tips on security!
Kevin AA likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Air India Maharaja Club, Lufthansa FT, Jet Airways Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think he meant that they appreciate (not!) your tips on security!
I meant the email ID - [email protected] - I was told to email them there to discuss my case.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:30 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by runningpoints
Well, yeah? Repeatedly, as in 3 times over a 4 month period. I don't think its unreasonable to send a follow up once a month if you haven't received a reply?
What makes you think United is interested in hearing from someone who lost their FF account because he/she defrauded the company?
Old Apr 16, 2020, 9:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
What makes you think United is interested in hearing from someone who lost their FF account because he/she defrauded the company?
Isn't that exactly what Frank Abagnale did?
cur and RNE like this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I don't think banks ever asked if he wanted open an account, or let him count money

I'd don't think I'm taking a giant leap here that UA subscribes to the old:

Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me a second time.... shame on me.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Following up with an enterprise which dumps its consumer emails into a CRM database is not worth the bandwidth. UA did not respond either because it has not reached the original email or it has made a decision not to respond.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
The FT poster is no Frank Abagnale.
cur likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:49 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by seenitall
Is it just me, or do others recall a post several months (or years) ago from someone who reported their MP account being terminated because while going through a bitter divorce, their ex-spouse engaged in the deliberate dirty trick of selling that person's GPUs.
also this post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
getting around name and birthdate can be cumbersome, I imagine...
Names can be changed, and you can always claim to be "born again"...
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Names can be changed, and you can always claim to be "born again"...
If someone changes their name, moves, and gets new CCs just so they can open a new FF account, let them do it, that is way too much work that a sane person would never do it.

Plus, I would love to see that court proceeding
"Your Honor I would like to change my name"
"On what grounds?"
"I would like to open a new FF account because UA closed my prior one for fraud"

​​
747FC and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:14 pm

With the free taxpayer money received by the airlines, including United, as part of the bailout - has anyone reached out to their Senator to get United to re-open the accounts?

I am not asking for your opinion on whether I should ask or not.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 5, 2020 at 10:40 pm Reason: DIscuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old May 5, 2020, 10:34 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovestache
With the free taxpayer money received by the airlines, including United, as part of the bailout - has anyone reached out to their Senator to get United to re-open the accounts?

I have not had the opportunity yet (haven't had my account shut down due to fraud). Should things change, I will contact my Senator and report back!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 5, 2020 at 10:41 pm Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old May 5, 2020, 10:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program

Why would anyone want to embarrass themselves like that? "Hi senator. UA screwed me over by taking too much action against me for cheating. And I haven't really paid any real amount of taxes either. But now that you invested other people's money into United, wouldn't it be a good way to maximize the investment by asking United to let me back so that I can get some free stuff?"
Old May 5, 2020, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
I have not had the opportunity yet (haven't had my account shut down due to fraud). Should things change, I will contact my Senator and report back!
Maybe when the miles go underwater, you can go running to your senator. Just sayin'. Its not looking very good for United right now. Does anyone know what happened to PanAm and TWA miles when they went belly up?!

@sbrowser - United had no problems begging for my tax payer money. So why not. Moreover, closing the accounts appears to be similar to the David Du case - "we have every right to remove you from this airplane, so we will. Its in the T&C" And then they realize their mistake and settle outside court. Moreover, I refunded the buyer so really didn't make anything. Btw - do you think there should be legal action for people selling stuff (anything) on craigslist for tax evasion? Since as per your presumption they are not paying taxes on the sale item? I'd think anyone can declare income on their 1040 for sale of items, including at garage sales. Income from GPU sale is no different than selling a used couch at a garage sale for tax purposes. Anyway - the whole tax argument is totally BS.

Also, you missed the question - let me say it again - HAS ANYONE CONTACTED THEIR SENATOR.
I clearly indicated that I am not looking for opinion on whether I should or not.

Last edited by lovestache; May 5, 2020 at 11:10 pm Reason: Discuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old May 5, 2020, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Seriously? This is in the job portfolio of a US Senator?🤣🤣🤣
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.