FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:21 am
DENflyer3

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
This reminds me of an acquaintance I heard tell a story that happened to him about 3 or 4 years ago who was going through a divorce. He and his to be X were both mileage and status whores. Ironically it was about the only thing we ever had in common to discuss at dinner parties, etc. However, his zipper got a little loose on a couple twenty or so road trips. Divorce and anger ensue. He was only 50k miles short of either lifetime 1K or GS, and the X had all his mileage plus information as they both traveled for work quite a bit. She went on Craig's list and under his name sells all his miles and upgrades etc, intentionally breaking all UA's rules and being open about it. He got his letter within a couple of weeks. I had heard he had tried to get reinstated, but never followed up to see what happened. Still loved hearing that story, and it seemed of all our mutual acquaintances, I was the only one who got joy out of the story.