Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Mollyann500
Not only did my times change for my trip to FCO in August but apparently now the flight from IAD to FCO in going to be on a RJ145!! Have a screen shot but can't seem to be able to post it here
Cool. My IAD-CDG is now on a Bombadier Q400. At least you got a jet!

In my case, the first two legs of the itin changed, flight numbers, planes, everything. And my initial leg departs after the second leg.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Wait it out--- My flight from SFO -LAS shows a "320" and the relatives flying with us on the same flights dif itin show flying on a "37" --- same flight #'s.

It usually takes a few hours to get-er straightened out!
Not really worried that they would actually try that flight with RJ145. After I "acknowledge" the change it now shows a change from a 767-300 to a 777-200. Kind of bummed as this is a solo trip and I was looking forward to one on the single seats on the 767-200.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Five Star
I noticed a 20 minutes change on my itinerary MSP-IAD-ZUR-CPH. It doesn't cause me any real trouble but I called and asked them to change to a more preferable time (connecting through ORD, with much shorter connection times). They did without asking many questions. It was quite smooth.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:18 pm

I've got a UA award ticket (booked in OZ F) that was just shredded due to a schedule change. Fixing it is going to require serious changes in both directions, including OZ opening up inventory on other flights. Problem is that I'm a UA general member this year (do most of my flying on AA/OW now) so my calls get routed to outsourced call centers with agents who just aren't equipped to handle something this complicated. Any suggestions for how to get my call forwarded to someone competent to take care of this?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by palefire
I've got a UA award ticket (booked in OZ F) that was just shredded due to a schedule change. Fixing it is going to require serious changes in both directions, including OZ opening up inventory on other flights. Problem is that I'm a UA general member this year (do most of my flying on AA/OW now) so my calls get routed to outsourced call centers with agents who just aren't equipped to handle something this complicated. Any suggestions for how to get my call forwarded to someone competent to take care of this?
Even if you got a Premier agent, I'm not sure you will be able to get UA to ask OZ to open space on other flights. I have an F award ticket on OZ that recently changed schedules, and UA wouldn't do anything other than offer to accommodate me on UA in F on my date (which was a much better schedule, granted -- the agents couldn't understand WHY I wanted to fly OZ F so much; one said "its the same as United, isn't it?).
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
lot's of August schedule changes
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:46 am
RNE

Had three bookings in June and July with minor time changes and all worked out in my favor. One odd thing, though: I'm booked and confirmed with a seat assignment in First Class (fare code P) UA276 LAS-CLE, yet ENIAC is telling me "Eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrade".
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by RNE
Had three bookings in June and July with minor time changes and all worked out in my favor. One odd thing, though: I'm booked and confirmed with a seat assignment in First Class (fare code P) UA276 LAS-CLE, yet ENIAC is telling me "Eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrade".
Same here with a P class fare. Weird.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:46 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Always flown DL so new to UA for the most part. Delta is great as a Medallion to work with you when there are changes.

Question for the UA crowd...

I booked one of the cheap biz tickets to CDG for the summer. My first leg was in an aircraft with a FC cabin, not it went to a 50 seater. Will UA change my flights because of that? I assume they will.

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by A4K
My first leg was in an aircraft with a FC cabin, not it went to a 50 seater. Will UA change my flights because of that?
If it's a carrier change, it's automatic. Otherwise, you should have no problem as long as you don't get a MOLA.

Originally Posted by demkr
Same here with a P class fare. Weird.
From Friday evening to Sunday morning, never trust what you see online. It seems to take 50 passes through the data for United to clean everything up during the weekly schedule change debacle.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:05 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Friday evening to Sunday morning, never trust what you see online.
Darn. I hoped my potential upgrade from FC meant UA was retrofitting the A320 with a GF cabin.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RNE
I hoped my potential upgrade from FC meant UA was retrofitting the A320 with a GF cabin.
The GF cabin on the 320 only has two seats and pretty stringent entrance requirements...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
i also am showing a bombadier Q400 from IAD-CDG....
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:19 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by jasonp622
i also am showing a bombadier Q400 from IAD-CDG....
Once you confirm the change it changes to the 767. It did for me at least.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
you were correct about the 777. i have this message below,

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

do i have to call if i accepted the changes online? is this only to revise your itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.