Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by villox
There is a discrepency here - you say that you wouldn't have booked it if the space wasn't confirmable at booking, but that you had it waitlisted? Which was it?
He was confirmed on the flight but was wait listed for an upgrade using a GPU.
Since his planes were downsized twice he asked for a change.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No discrepancy. The OP would never book a 319 unless confirmable at booking. However, waitlisting on a 739 has a good chance of clearing, so it's OK.
Originally Posted by LilAbner
He was confirmed on the flight but was wait listed for an upgrade using a GPU.
Since his planes were downsized twice he asked for a change.
^^^
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA GS
No discrepancy. The OP would never book a 319 unless confirmable at booking. However, waitlisting on a 739 has a good chance of clearing, so it's OK.
Ahh, now i get it. That's actually really interesting (and fairly generous) on UA's part, when you think about it. I mean, they provide no guarantees when waitlisting - I have in plenty of cases booked a particular equipment (757 or 737) because I thought I had an increased chance of being upgraded, and still not gotten it.

Was R available on the new flights, and that's why they confirmed the space?

I had a down-gauge from a 757 to a 319 on an upcoming flight in which I had confirmed myself and 3 companions using RPUs. I was surprised that we kept the space, and are now half the front cabin.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by villox
Was R available on the new flights, and that's why they confirmed the space?
Yes, but the flight times also happened to coincide with what I wanted. And the agent even had offered another routing in F that did not have R available.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
And the agent even had offered another routing in F that did not have R available.
I wonder if you would have gotten the EQM bonus for that routing.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I wonder if you would have gotten the EQM bonus for that routing.
As with full Y rebookings, I suspect the answer would depend on whether the agent takes the time to properly open up the other fare class. I've had particularly skilled agents do that and leave me in K (or similar) despite Y being the only thing open.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Reward Flight Schedule Changed, who best to call?

I got a notice informing that my outbound SIN-MNL flight schedule had been changed. I held off confirming the schedule so I that can see other routings first. From what I recall, the carrier operating the flight is the one to be contacted. This flight is operated by SQ and TG due to a layover in BKK. Who would I call in this case? Should I even try calling United? Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Before the day of departure, the ticketing carrier is the one to contact about schedule changes, not the operating carrier.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gradfly
I got a notice informing that my outbound SIN-MNL flight schedule had been changed. I held off confirming the schedule so I that can see other routings first. From what I recall, the carrier operating the flight is the one to be contacted. This flight is operated by SQ and TG due to a layover in BKK. Who would I call in this case? Should I even try calling United? Thanks
If it's a United award, you must contact United.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:18 pm

Just loaded --- Nearly everything I have for May - June - July have minor time changes, aircraft swaps, and flight # changes.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not an SDC situation. Change your award for free up to 21 days before travel, $50 thereafter.

Keep looking for saver seats. Particularly a nonstop JFK/EWR-LAX, since that will get you there so much faster. If you really have to be at the wedding, you may have to settle for Y.
EWR-LAX did open up today and was able to change the lga-cle-lax to non-stop. Flight map shows a 757-200 with lie-flat config!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Lot of changes for me for June. Including lots of pmUA 757's being swapped for the dreaded 737-900's.
Lots of post padding too - 20 minutes extra SFO-LAX, 30 minutes LAX-EWR!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:47 am

No Notifications of Schedule Changes?

I have now had 3 separate itineraries have flight schedule changes (some substantial) with no notification from United. Luckily I checked online. Am I missing something? Do I need to setup alerts on united.com? What kind of airline is this? This is in addition being downgraded twice from E+ and once from international business class due to equipment changes (and thats just in two months).

I'm EXP on AA so primarily fly them - where they look after me. I was hoping to shift more business over to united but the whole airline seems pretty unprofessional from all my recent experiences. What am I missing? Does UA only take care of GS members?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Of 20 or so schedule changes in the last 6 months, I've been notified once.

I like the schedule changes, and know I need to babysit my reservations. But to someone looking for a normal, set-it-and-forget-it experience, it must just seem like a complete joke. I genuinely can't believe that they haven't at least fixed the notifications.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Of 20 or so schedule changes in the last 6 months, I've been notified once.
That's a higher rate than I've experienced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.