Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 "Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes (and What to Do After One)"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Do you know based on times it is LH? I don't see anywhere in the OP that it is LH. And does UA warn about schedule changes for LH flights? Most on the forum complain they don't get notice for UA flights.
The major flight change was a UA flight between LAX and PHX, so that's probably why they sent the email. Although the email does also point out the schedule changes to the LH flight from Munich to LAX as well.

It is possible that they would work with me to reroute from Paris-Munich-LAX-PHX to Paris-EWR-PHX? That would be fabulous for us.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tringer2103
It is possible that they would work with me to reroute from Paris-Munich-LAX-PHX to Paris-EWR-PHX? That would be fabulous for us.
You can try. You could also try routing through ORD or SFO, both which are preferable to EWR IMO.

[Off-topic portion of post edited by Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 17, 2014 at 2:48 pm Reason: See note above.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Any chance they'd open space on SFO-YYC or SFO-LHR? I thought they had no control over what AC releases although YVR-LHR seems to come around pretty frequently, probably a testament to how many people are not booking it.
Once you've mis - connected in YVR, I don't think flying back to SFO would be preferable, but it might work.

If you want to rebook pre-departure, then did you accept the sked change message on UA.com?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:09 pm

At least you didn't also get an equipment downgrade, which would have made your connection a wee bit less likely

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...jun-19sep.html
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:13 pm

I don't believe 36 minutes is within the MCT for a UA-AC US-Domestic connection anyways. You can try to get MP to put you on SFO-LHR or keep an eye on YVR-LHR and as soon as any seats open up call up MP and have them move you to that. SFO-FRA-LHR is also an option. Those would all be better than the itinerary you have. There are also plenty of other nonideal routes such as SFO-EWR-LHR or SFO-IAH-LHR (is it still on the 787?)

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.5 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: YVR/UA-AC]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         YVR                          020 060 060 090  

TERMINAL:         YVR  M  TO  M                045 050 090 090  
                       M  TO  S                075 075 105 060  
                       S  TO  M                075 075 105 060  
                       S  TO  S                045 050 090 090  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L FLT-NBR      TR        AREA                                 

UA 0001-9998     M         US                  --- --- --- SUP  
AC 0001-9998     M         US                                   

UA               M                             --- --- --- 080  
AC               M         US                                   

UA               M         US                  --- --- 070 070  
AC               M                                              

UA               M                             --- --- 080 080  
AC               M                                              

-ALL-            M         US                  --- --- 090 ---  
AC               M                                              

-ALL-            M         US                  --- --- --- 090  
-ALL-            M         US                                   

-ALL-            M         US                  --- --- --- 060  
-ALL-            S         US                                   

-ALL-            S         US                  --- --- --- 060  

-ALL-            M                             --- 060 --- 090  

-ALL-            M                             --- 105 --- ---  

-ALL-            S                             --- 105 --- ---  

-ALL-            S                             --- 060 --- 090  

-ALL-            M         US                  --- --- 060 060  
-ALL-            M                                              

-ALL-            M         US                  --- --- 105 ---  
-ALL-            S                                              

-ALL-            S         US                  --- --- 105 ---  
-ALL-            M                                              

-ALL-            S         US                  --- --- 060 060  
-ALL-            S                                              

--------------------------------------------------------------

[DD]    Domestic To Domestic      [DI]    Domestic To Intl    
[ID]    Intl To Domestic          [II]    Intl To Intl        
[TR]    Terminal                  [A/L]   Airline             
[DEP]   Departure Airport         [ARR]   Arrival Airport     
[EQP W] Wide-Body Aircraft        [EQP N] Narrow-Body Aircraft
[SUP]   Suppressed/Undefined      [EFF]   Effective Date
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Even with Nexus, you have a zero chance of making a 36-minute connection. Research other possibilities and have them ready when you call United.

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Any chance they'd open space on SFO-YYC or SFO-LHR?
I'd say a very good chance.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Flight Itinerary Change?

I booked 2 tickets a few weeks ago from LAX to PUS. The first flight was LAX to ICN, and then after 1 hour and 20 minutes, it was from ICN to PUS.

I received an email that now the layover is only 20 minutes. How could the flight be pushed up by a full hour, giving only 20 minutes between to flights? The tickets are for my parents and I have never booked an international flight before. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Flight 1)
Sun, 27APR14 TG693 X LOS ANGELES, CA
(LAX) 1:25 AM SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF SOUTH KOREA
(ICN - INCHEON) 6:00 AM (28APR) 777-200
Flight operated by THAI AIRWAYS.

Flight 2)
Mon, 28APR14 OZ8531 X SEOUL, REPUBLIC OF SOUTH KOREA
(ICN - INCHEON) 6:20 AM BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA
(PUS) 7:20 AM
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Did you buy these tickets from United? That is a TG flight followed by (I presume) an OZ flight.

You will need to call the ticketing carrier to change to a later flight ICN-PUS.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for your help.

Yes, I booked directly on the United website, by transferring points from Ultimate Rewards to the United Points system.

I'm not sure what TG and OZ flight is. Regardless, I have to call to make changes now?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CreditRocks
Thanks for your help.

Yes, I booked directly on the United website, by transferring points from Ultimate Rewards to the United Points system.

I'm not sure what TG and OZ flight is. Regardless, I have to call to make changes now?
Airline codes:

TG = Thai
OZ = Asiana

There are a few flights with seats available later in the day but they will require connecting again in Beijing. You will have to call to make changes. Website is usually useless when it comes to changing already ticketed flights
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:58 am

My fiancee and I booked a flight for our honeymoon over a year ago and just saw this morning that our initial flights were adjusted quite a bit.

It was originally IAD > SFO > OGG with a 1.5 hour connection in SFO which I was very comfortable with as I fly through SFO often.

It has since been changed to IAD > LAX > OGG with a 40 minute connection at LAX. I've never made a connection at LAX, but from what I can see United lands at terminals 6-8, will 40 minutes be enough time? I fly quite often for work, but this would be my fiancees very first flight so her nerves are already high -- having to rush through this connection might cause a meltdown...will United work with us to change it? I booked directly through united.com with miles.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jyank
My fiancee and I booked a flight for our honeymoon over a year ago and just saw this morning that our initial flights were adjusted quite a bit.

It was originally IAD > SFO > OGG with a 1.5 hour connection in SFO which I was very comfortable with as I fly through SFO often.

It has since been changed to IAD > LAX > OGG with a 40 minute connection at LAX. I've never made a connection at LAX, but from what I can see United lands at terminals 6-8, will 40 minutes be enough time? I fly quite often for work, but this would be my fiancees very first flight so her nerves are already high -- having to rush through this connection might cause a meltdown...will United work with us to change it? I booked directly through united.com with miles.
MCT is 30 mins, but I would be nervous about that, too. Personally I would call and try to change to something more comfortable.

Note that you are less likely to be weather delayed in/out of LAX than SFO.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
IMO, 40 minutes at LAX is fine, especially since you are doing mainline-mainline connection which will be only in terminal 6 or 7 (terminal 8 is UA regional/express almost exclusively).

i regularly do 35-40 minutes from express to mainline, but have to hustle and typically just walk from plane to plane with no down-time.

are you in F or Y? do you plan to check bags? my reason for asking is the likelihood of having to gate check if you are in Y and carrying on.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:54 am

Thanks - are you referring to the fare? It's listed as XN the whole way. I would be comfortable if I were flying alone, but as this is her first flight I'm trying to make it as stress free as possible

We will most likely check bags as we'll be gone for two weeks between the two of us. The only downside is there really isn't another flight that I can see -- currently we leave at 7:20 (it was originally 6:30) in the morning from IAD, all of the other flights leave 2PM+
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:26 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Got hit with one this past weekend for a September trip. I only noticed because I saw "IAD-ORD" in my list of reservations, and most assuredly don't have travel booked to ORD at the moment. Why can't UA at least highlight itins with changes in red or something? I'm also not sure why they didn't auto-accept this change, as it was fairly trivial from what I could tell (under 5 minutes).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.