Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Blocking Expert Flyer and KVS Access to R and Elite Award Searches.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ocn Vw 1K
UA Insider's reply in posts 247 and 254 of this thread:
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

We recognize the importance and value to you of accessible and transparent information about United flights. It’s a meaningful part of your travel planning, and we are committed to providing useful information that is both accurate and preserves the integrity of United’s data and systems.

While we are committed to data transparency, Expert Flyer has been accessing united.com in an unauthorized fashion to retrieve UA availability. In addition, these activities have consumed significant united.com bandwidth that could otherwise be used by regular consumers. As a result, we had to take this action to protect the security and integrity of United’s systems.

Thank you for your understanding as to why we had to take this action. We continue to look at ways in which we can provide you with timely and useful information (some of which you will see in new releases of our own digital channels) as well as with partners that have authorized access to our data.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Expert mode/visibility in UA channels is unaffected by this.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by exerda
EF sent out an e-mail yesterday that they have, through partnership with AA/US, reached an agreement to show all of their upgrade and award inventory.

Maybe UA ought to consider following suit, instead of following DL in a race to the bottom.
Indeed. It is really nice to see the trend of blocking data access reversed. We can only hope that united takes note.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM

That really is good news. Hopefully Delta follows suit so that UA gives themselves permission as well.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
So no news on this from the UA front?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
None that I've heard. Since DL hasn't followed AA/US, the chances of UA doing are are approximately 0%.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Sad.

They just auto renewed my sub for another year, and I asked they reverse it.

Bet this stand off has hit their subscriber base hugely.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM

Painful that it hasn't gotten resolved. Man was 2000-2013 a great era to travel.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I have made too much money off of bumps not to continue paying $99 for this service. Yes, it sucks you can't create alerts for "R" class anymore and you have to trust 'the system'. But this service is invaluable for coming up with alternate routings, even on other airlines, when in a possible VDB situation.

The real reason you may not want to use EF anymore is because DL completely removed *all* data. You cannot see a darn thing from DL on EF and I assume KVS. That makes it harder for me to find alternate flights when UA is about to bump me.

-RM
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Slightly unrelated, but maybe a sign of things to come...I just tried to forward an email from UA with my points balance into TripIt and got the following response

United MileagePlus member,

We have some good news for you! We can now automatically track your United MileagePlus rewards. You no longer have to send your point statements to [email protected].

To set up automatic point tracking for United MileagePlus click go to Point Tracker now. Or, download the latest mobile app to set up Point Tracker on your device.

If you have other questions about Point Tracker, please visit the help center.
Hopefully this indicates the beginning of a thaw?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.