Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why does everybody hate on the UA BF product?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does everybody hate on the UA BF product?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IainC
"Flown as a guest of United Airlines" no wonder there is lots of love
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:53 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
While I agree with you every time I see that middle set of four, it's really nt much different that a 2-2 business class layout on a single-aisle airplane. Each of the middle passengers has one person to cross over to get to the aisle.
I disagree. You may only have to step over one person, but you have people on both sides of you. If you had a 2-3-2 economy seating, nobody would pick the middle seat over a window seat if they had a choice.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by jbsay
Have you tried the new LH J seat? My colleague recently tried it on the upper deck of the 748 and was impressed by the hard product (soft, not so much).
I was on the LH 748 for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but in F. I thought I'd go back and give the J seat a try, but ended up side tracked in the galley by a very engaging and attractive FA.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by XCstud
I disagree. You may only have to step over one person, but you have people on both sides of you. If you had a 2-3-2 economy seating, nobody would pick the middle seat over a window seat if they had a choice.
Sure -- I agree it is different. But as I said, nt much different.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:01 am

I recently flew BF ICN-SFO and then IAD-GRU later that day. While it was nice to not be sitting in Y I have to say the FAs make a big difference. The FAs on the first flight were outstanding and some of the best I've seen in a long time. The FAs on the GRU flight were ok. Because of a late inbound I was one of the last people to board the flight and I was afraid they were never going to take my dinner order. I was also afraid I had missed breakfast while I was sleeping it turns out they just did it ~45 minutes before landing.

On a side note a bunch of my colleagues that I was traveling with got Op-Uped on the ICN-SFO flight. None of them had ever traveled in anything other than Y or sometimes E+ and many of them said it was the best flight of their lives.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
Originally Posted by martusd
"Flown as a guest of United Airlines" no wonder there is lots of love
All flight test articles in The Age are done with the author flying as a "guest" of the airline or associated travel organization.

Some more flight tests if you want to have a read through a few:
http://www.theage.com.au/travel/column/flight-test

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.