Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by markolenski
I used milage to get 2 tickets to Hong Kong on April 11th on EVA how long should it take to show up in EVAs system?
If Eva do not know about the ticket within 24h something has gone awry.

Do you have the record locator for Eva? It should show on United's reservation summary.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:04 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
United sends me 2 email to me usually - one when the booking has been finished and once it has been ticketed
Once ticketed, when you log in to United, you can see the PNR for not only United, but also their travel partners - EVA
That being said, United uses the old Continental system (with many updates I am sure) and the old forum has several instances of Air China and other airlines not getting the info
So please get the EVA PNR and then check on EVA website
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:43 pm

I see the EVA number did it does not bring up areservation

Originally Posted by ffI
United sends me 2 email to me usually - one when the booking has been finished and once it has been ticketed
Once ticketed, when you log in to United, you can see the PNR for not only United, but also their travel partners - EVA
That being said, United uses the old Continental system (with many updates I am sure) and the old forum has several instances of Air China and other airlines not getting the info
So please get the EVA PNR and then check on EVA website
I will wait for the ticketing email then call if there still is a problem.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: United Plat
The reservation should be on EVA system immediately once the tickets are issued by United.

You should see the EVA record locator as part of your United reservation. Once you have it, go to EVA "Manage Your Trip" (https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/ev...spx?lang=en-us) to select the seats.

If no EVA locator or no tickets issued, then the award spaces could be phantom. It sometimes happens on United partner award reservation. Various Star Alliance partners have had phantom space issues on United.com.
jsloan likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:01 pm

The problem was my first and middle name had no space between them

Once I put the two together on the EVA website the reservation came up. Thank you for your help
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Once I put the two together on the EVA website the reservation came up. Thank you for your help
that's always the case, not really BR specific
Old May 16, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
inaccurate award seat for EVA flights

I've tried booking awards that involve EVA flights and it always showed error messages past payment step. Calling into customer service line and they found out that the seats are not there. This has happened on all EVA flights that I've attempted but the customer service believed that it was just because someone got it before me. It's been weeks and there's no sign of fixing this phantom award seats problem. Does anyone have similar experience?
Old May 19, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Unhappy Award ticket --> waitlisted - partner redemption

Anyone here have experience with an award that gets ticketed, but then it says - waitlisted? United.com partner award.

I called United and they said it was unlikely to change. He said "inaccurate third party data on website." His real-time system showed no tickets available.

This was for EVA Airlines - TPE-SEA.

So..if it says 1 ticket at this price, it may not really be the case?
Old May 19, 2020, 11:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Did you get a "ticket" with a 016 ticket number? or just an itinerary identifier (PNR) 6 character id?
Is this a new ticket? in the past or so?

What is called "phantom" award space is not unusual including phantom award space for BR / EVA. This is due to how the *A award booking system works.

Generally, if this does not fully ticketed with confirmed space in 24 hours, certainly in 48 hours from "booking", it never will.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did you get a "ticket" with a 016 ticket number? or just an itinerary identifier (PNR) 6 character id?
Is this a new ticket? in the past or so?

What is called "phantom" award space is not unusual including phantom award space for BR / EVA. This is due to how the *A award booking system works.

Generally, if this does not fully ticketed with confirmed space in 24 hours, certainly in 48 hours from "booking", it never will.
Yes, there is a 016 ticket number. It is a replacement ticket though. But the eTicket # is different than the original. First itinerary was with ANA, but then that was canceled some days later. (Was able to choose seats with that - so that wasn't waitlisted).

Going to call EVA, see what the odds area. Guess I can wait 24 hours (Later tonight) ....but don't recall this ever happening before.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Yes, there is a 016 ticket number. It is a replacement ticket though. But the eTicket # is different than the original. First itinerary was with ANA, but then that was canceled some days later. (Was able to choose seats with that - so that wasn't waitlisted).

Going to call EVA, see what the odds area. Guess I can wait 24 hours (Later tonight) ....but don't recall this ever happening before.
take the Eva air confirmation and plug it into the Eva site and it will say either waiting list or confirmed. If it’s waiting list, then you may be out of luck unless your original flight was on EVA that was cancelled.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:13 pm

Eva air

Originally Posted by ycc777
I've tried booking awards that involve EVA flights and it always showed error messages past payment step. Calling into customer service line and they found out that the seats are not there. This has happened on all EVA flights that I've attempted but the customer service believed that it was just because someone got it before me. It's been weeks and there's no sign of fixing this phantom award seats problem. Does anyone have similar experience?
Yes, exactly same happened to me as well. I called customer service. According to them, it did show there are available seats on their screen as well. But Eva is always request basis and they even do not know until after payment process.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ycc777
It needs to be fixed by EVA. And this is probably low priority.

UA doesn't have real-time access to EVA inventory until you try to complete the purchase. While it is possible someone snatched the seat - that isn't likely. More likely, whatever system EVA updates to reflect inventory for partners doesn't reflect the real-time inventory in Amadeus.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: United 1P
I saw a lot of EVA availability between Taipei and US back in May, but didn't try to book it. But lately I checked again, EVA is not available for the rest of year. Do they freeze their award availability?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kevincl
I saw a lot of EVA availability between Taipei and US back in May, but didn't try to book it. But lately I checked again, EVA is not available for the rest of year. Do they freeze their award availability?
Yes, partner award and upgrades are frozen for the foreseeable future. Some limited awards are available with BR miles, but no upgrades.
kevincl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.