Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"There's too many of you to do a beverage service"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"There's too many of you to do a beverage service"

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just flew a DL flight LAX-SAN in FC (granted it was a CR-700) however, one drink service on the ground and TWO (count them TWO) drink services in the air (30 minute flight time.) It can be done if the FA's want to...
Old May 31, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just flew a DL flight LAX-SAN in FC (granted it was a CR-700) however, one drink service on the ground and TWO (count them TWO) drink services in the air (30 minute flight time.) It can be done if the FA's want to...
I've been flying DL FC CHS-ATL a lot recently (when last minute F is cheaper than last minute Y), and have routinely had a PDB plus two to three drink services and two to three "snack basket" offerings. Gate to gate on this flight is around an hour, flight time maybe 45 minutes.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by TA
I find it amazing that other airlines in other countries can do a full meal service on a 1.5 hour flight by comparison.
Delta flies DC9s (16 in FC), MD88s (16 in FC), CRJ700 (12 in FC) and the occasional A319 (12 in FC) between HSV and ATL. It's typically a 30-35 minute flight (wheels up to wheels down) and the FAs are able to hang coats, do a full PDB service in FC, and drinks once airborne and a pass through with snacks.

Originally Posted by star_world
Completely unnecessary. There are bad apples at every airline, and in every group within every airline.
^

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 31, 2013 at 10:20 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
that's just sad. We flew TK from Istanbul to Ankara last month-45 min flight on a packed 737-800 drink service & a boxed lunch with chicken sandwich, fruit and yogurt.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM+, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by judyserienagy
If you fly an airline based in Western Europe even twice you know that the airlines based in the USA have terrible service. Whether it's a matter of training, environment, union demands ... I don't know how the FAs look themselves in the mirror when they spend 50% of a flight chatting with each other. There is no work ethic there at all. Out of 600 flights in the last 30 years, I have encountered probably three dozen FAs who truly do a professional job. The rest of them are too busy yapping to do much more than the minimum, and I generally fly up front. There's no way that management is unaware of the problem but I'd like to know the reason that nothing is done about it.
Agree and it drives me nuts. What would happen at any other job if you worked for an hour and then took a break for three hours before working 30 minutes again? I see it all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.