Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United discontinued the ability to use Choices miles for up to 5K PQMs annually

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United discontinued the ability to use Choices miles for up to 5K PQMs annually

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by pinks
With all the attempts to make it harder to get elite status, does anyone think that the Presidential Plus legacy card EQM benefit will go away? I noticed for next year, PP is the only card where you are waived from spending to get status (with no minimum spend on the card). It seems like this can't last forever.
I wrote about this up thread, but there were various reports within the last year of people successfully getting Chase to convert the UA Club Card to the PresPlus. I'm abroad till mid-August but when I get back stateside I may call just to see if it is worth the try with the loss of Choices. At least for now I do still get my 5k in PQMs on UA spend with my PMUA Select card.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by gradsflyer
I wrote about this up thread, but there were various reports within the last year of people successfully getting Chase to convert the UA Club Card to the PresPlus. I'm abroad till mid-August but when I get back stateside I may call just to see if it is worth the try with the loss of Choices. At least for now I do still get my 5k in PQMs on UA spend with my PMUA Select card.
Had I know this (and that Choices was going away), I might not have canceled my Club card when the annual fee came up. Oh well.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
And Chase still has not sent us anything in writing.
Doubtful they will either, as technically, while a Chase benefit, this was a United program. And I'm sure we all know it wasn't Chase ending the benefit...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Gold
It is ex Continental so it will stay forever. In fact, i wouldnt be surprised if by 2015 those cardholders get comped GS for life.
Woohoo!

If you are PMUA, you are either already hosed, being hosed, or soon to be hosed.
What if you're PMUA who was smart enough during the very long transition period to recognize the great benefits of the PP and switch over a few months before the merger, not knowing what would happen but hoping the good deal would stick? I don't think I ever flew CO but I'm a proud PP cardholder. This isn't a UA vs. CO thing. This is a FT "recognize a great deal and get it before it disappears" thing.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I closed a Platinum Visa with 90,000 choices and the choices went poof because I no longer had the card. A year or so later I opened a United Select Visa and the 90,000 choices reappeared along with the card opening bonus of 50,000.
So are you still using the Select VISA? Have your PQMs been posting this year. I haven't had any post since 4/24/13.
<EDIT> But I just spoke to Chase, and they explained the posting method to me, and I am confident I'll get my PQM for 2013.

Last edited by slocouple; Jun 29, 2013 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by slocouple
So are you still using the Select VISA? Have your PQMs been posting this year. I haven't had any post since 4/24/13.
<EDIT> But I just spoke to Chase, and they explained the posting method to me, and I am confident I'll get my PQM for 2013.
Yes, I am still using the Select card. I had 4014 PQM from Jan. 21 purchase post prior to March 1. My wife and I alternate purchases. She uses the Platinum card. She had a problem getting 3372 miles to post from March 25 purchase though she had 1055 miles post from Mar. 30. Chase said they had forwarded the miles to MP. MP said they had not. Messaged Chase back and they said they would check and write her a letter. She got the letter saying that the 3372 $ purchase was not made on United. com (but it was). They said however that they were giving her the miles and they did. My most recent purchases on the Select card have not posted. I do not need the miles anyway. My wife got the run around a while before she got her miles.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Used a $400 voucher + 28.5k choice RDM for my trip to BAH in November. Out of pocket cost was $11 for 19k PQM. It's nice to have the option.

What UNITED fails to understand, still, is that changing benefits with no notice or follow-up rubs people the wrong way. Even if UNITED think its minor or trivial, make enough changes and it will have an impact. I'm a bit disappointed UA Insider never followed up.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: UA-Platinum , Marriott- Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

What UNITED fails to understand, still, is that changing benefits with no notice or follow-up rubs people the wrong way. Even if UNITED think its minor or trivial, make enough changes and it will have an impact. I'm a bit disappointed UA Insider never followed up.
Agreed !
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
What UNITED fails to understand, still, is that changing benefits with no notice or follow-up rubs people the wrong way.
The HouCrew has NEVER understood that pax have, and make, choices. Pun aside

Since they don't get THAT, they are unlikely to care which way you're being "rubbed'.

Dave
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Get over it, you over-entitled elite crybabies.

Signed,

Jeff Smisek

Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
cheaper just to pay money IMO with the elite maximizer as I value 50k UA miles at 2 cpm so 1k in cash.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Thumbs down So disappointed

I just want to add my voice to the disappointment generated by United's casual indifference to their loyal customers. I need the 5k PQM to make Gold, this has been a great tool in the past, and now its been removed with no notice. United, you are getting worse every day. If you really don't care that much about your customers, please man-up and say so, cowardly tactics like silently removing benefits and features reveal how small and greedy you really are.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I did not know about it until today. I'll be 4K short this year. Called MP after did not find this option on the website. I was told (by very unfriendly agent) that it's not available anymore AND I should have received an email about United dropping this benefit in May. I didn't. Terrible customer service.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IL-18
I did not know about it until today. I'll be 4K short this year. Called MP after did not find this option on the website. I was told (by very unfriendly agent) that it's not available anymore AND I should have received an email about United dropping this benefit in May. I didn't. Terrible customer service.
No email ever went out, so that is a total lie
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
No email ever went out, so that is a total lie
Correct - as the OP to this thread, I exposed UA just magically making it disappear (through the course of my normal searches), then UAI later confirmed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.