Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changes to UA's IAD-HNL Service (Schedule, Equipment, etc.)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to UA's IAD-HNL Service (Schedule, Equipment, etc.)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
if UA is redeploying that 767 to open up EWR-GIG or IAH-SCL, i'm all for it
Old Mar 23, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: lots of little things
iad-hnl ns flight changes

I helped book some friends on UA145 mid-August so I just checked in on the reservation. Since it's a Saturday I wasn't worried, and it is still operating as discussed. However noticeable changes were made to the flight details. It is now:

UA523
Departing 0900
Arriving 1305
777-200
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I love the IAD/HNL (or vv) flights, when I can get a BF seat. I can't see taking this flight otherwise... I've got it coming up next month(HNL-IAD in BF).

But we do have to recall that it hasn't been that long since they have been offering this segment... Since June of last year (or was it the year before?)IIRC...
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I like this IAD-HNL flight, too. But I don't like the sudden change I found yesterday. That flt is now leaving IAD three hours earlier (I got no message about this!). My flt that day originates in JAX about the same time the new schedule has the plane leaving IAD; no way I can make my connection. They changed the flt coming back too. These flts are in September and I don't trust that this nice 777 will still be flying this route at that time, even on a Saturday. I'd like to trust it but I have to be realistic so I rebooked, bypassing IAD entirely, flying in and out of IAH instead. Anyone booked on this flt, on any day, should check it - don't wait for UA to email you.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
HNL to IAD schedule and equipment change.

My 8/18 HNL to IAD equipment changed from 764 to 737. The flight is leaving 3:50PM in stead of the original 8PM. I found out this change by login my account. Why united don't send an email or call to notify me?

Update: Should be 8/25, 8/18 is outbound.

Last edited by westlaker; Mar 25, 2013 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
My 8/18 HNL to IAD equipment changed from 764 to 737. The flight is leaving 3:50PM in stead of the original 8PM. I found out this change by login my account. Why united don't send an email or call to notify me?
737? that has to be a mistake or a joke.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
When I try to book HNL-IAD on 8/18 the seat map is for a 777-200 (Ver.3). But it does leave at 3:50pm and gets into IAD at 7:09AM. I wonder how early the LH Senator lounge opens? If you're taking a connecting flight to Europe, which usually leave in the late afternoon, then you'll have a lot of time to spend there, but it's ok because they have real food

Last edited by love_to_travel; Mar 24, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by westlaker
On UA.com, the only HNL-IAD n/s is a 777-200 departing at 3:50. And for now, it's a 3-class barcalounger 777.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
So I just checked and my flights ( husband & mine) did change.. I was so psyched for the lie flat beds leaving at 9;05 pm.. the only one I could see available after talking to the agent and checking the website was the same date that morning at 7:25 am and no first class from SFO which was a stop.
So guess I am stuck.. I even asked about going to Newark, PHL, Chicago etc.. would have cost more miles which I don't have..

Agent did say the seats are wider and that they do recline more than the usual .. is this true?? flight is for Jan 2014 so I will keep checking to see if any more changes occur between now and then.

I think the agent lied.. this is what I have when I see my reservations.. 1J & 1H
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni..._777-200_D.php

Last edited by duranza; Mar 25, 2013 at 9:45 am
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
What is "rule 260"

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
OK - remember rule 260 in the future, I've been affected multiple times by a similar issue and have been able to get R space opened up. A more customer-service focused supe could have done it.
Sorry. May I ask what is rule 260?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by duranza
So I just checked and my flights ( husband & mine) did change.. I was so psyched for the lie flat beds leaving at 9;05 pm.. the only one I could see available after talking to the agent and checking the website was the same date that morning at 7:25 am and no first class from SFO which was a stop.
So guess I am stuck.. I even asked about going to Newark, PHL, Chicago etc.. would have cost more miles which I don't have..

Agent did say the seats are wider and that they do recline more than the usual .. is this true?? flight is for Jan 2014 so I will keep checking to see if any more changes occur between now and then.

I think the agent lied.. this is what I have when I see my reservations.. 1J & 1H
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni..._777-200_D.php
Are these the barcaloungers? If so, they're definitely better than a normal first class seat, but not comparable to the lie flats in my opinion.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Probably a 1-stop "direct"

Originally Posted by fly2lanai
Sorry. May I ask what is rule 260?
Check the link I posted - basically says that you will keep your UG in the event of a schedule change. I've used it multiple times before. Any agent refusing to switch R space to EWR is being obstinate.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I actually like the new schedule. The 3:50pm redeye is rough, but I am a big fan of the early arrival if you want to conduct a full day of business on the other end. Although United's IAD-EWR schedule sucks, there are good connections to JFK and LGA that can get you in by 9:30am.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:34 am
Suspended

Why? HNL-LAX-IAD same flight # lets say even if theres a change of aircraft @ LAX. Or its being used as a placement thing till they decide which ac to put on it
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by craz
Why? HNL-LAX-IAD same flight # lets say even if theres a change of aircraft @ LAX. Or its being used as a placement thing till they decide which ac to put on it
The poster made it seem like it was a direct HNL-IAD... I generally hate being on a narrow body for more than 4-5 hours in Y. 10-11 hours would land me in a mental institution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.