Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Changes to UA's IAD-HNL Service (Schedule, Equipment, etc.)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to UA's IAD-HNL Service (Schedule, Equipment, etc.)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, US Airways, United, American, Delta
My family of 3 are scheduled for the IAD to HNL route (then on to Kona) around the 4th of July this year and back later in the month. So far, our itinerary is still showing the 767-400 with the lie-flats. Hope it holds. Although, it's been a while since I flew the Trip7 but was looking to the opportunity of lie flat seats. Time will tell with the reshuffling. Then again, I'm going to Hawaii for a few weeks, in the big scheme of things, I'll deal with it
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ibecowtippin
My family of 3 are scheduled for the IAD to HNL route (then on to Kona) around the 4th of July this year and back later in the month. So far, our itinerary is still showing the 767-400 with the lie-flats. Hope it holds. Although, it's been a while since I flew the Trip7 but was looking to the opportunity of lie flat seats. Time will tell with the reshuffling. Then again, I'm going to Hawaii for a few weeks, in the big scheme of things, I'll deal with it
all the 767s will have lie-flat by then (the last one may still be in the shop then), so as long as you keep a 767, you wll get lie-flat.

....I am flying out to HNL late-May and hoping I don't get stuck with the "1" remaining non-lie-flat bird that will be flying then myself!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Flying HNL-IAD-FCO for our honeymoon in a couple of weeks. In F on the HNL-IAD leg...2-1-2 barcaloungers. You guys think there's any chance of a change to the lie-flats? Thankfully, we used miles to upgrade IAD-FCO and the return flights to global first (it'll be a first for us...looking forward to it!)
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mdtakamine
Flying HNL-IAD-FCO for our honeymoon in a couple of weeks. In F on the HNL-IAD leg...2-1-2 barcaloungers. You guys think there's any chance of a change to the lie-flats? Thankfully, we used miles to upgrade IAD-FCO and the return flights to global first (it'll be a first for us...looking forward to it!)
It's scheduled to be the 20/236 configuration however there could be a slim chance that your HNL - IAD flight does get the 39/203 configuration.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hawaiian Premier
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
It's scheduled to be the 20/236 configuration however there could be a slim chance that your HNL - IAD flight does get the 39/203 configuration.
Thanks JOSECONLSCREW28! *fingers crossed*
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The flight is being changed to a 3-class 777 with barcoloungers in August.

UA614 HNL - IAD 3:50p 7:09a+1
Thanks, JOSECONLSCREW28.

Unfortunately, no R space available on the HNL-EWR (had confirmed R on the original HNL-IAD). Called tonight and it didn't sound too promising. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mdtakamine
Yes, happened to me in December. I had booked IAD-HNL, waitlisted with a RPU. One by one, the F-cabin seats disappeared, until there was no upgrade space. Happily, a few days before the flight, they sub'ed in a new bird, which offered upgrade space, and lie-flat BF seats (2-1-2 configuration). I was very happy!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
On the HNL-IAD flight - UA only serves a snack (no meal). So I would suggest you eat dinner before the flight or even bring you own food on board in the F cabin.

Also you only get a small domestic type blanket - no pillow. So really not BF service. Overall the service is bad - so don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, HiltonHonors, AAdvantage, Starwood Prefered Guest, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by cova
On the HNL-IAD flight - UA only serves a snack (no meal). So I would suggest you eat dinner before the flight or even bring you own food on board in the F cabin.

Also you only get a small domestic type blanket - no pillow. So really not BF service. Overall the service is bad - so don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
I think dinner shall replace the snack service in F when UA 144 leaves at 05:00PM. However, UA's F service is not CO's BusinessFirst. Oh how I miss UA's Royal Hawaiian Service of yesteryear, when the F/A, garbed in an Aloha Shirt or a mumu, would carve a roast, serve warmed macademia nuts, and craft a sundae with 4 flavors of ice creams, 4 different toppings, etc. Really miss this service.

Anyone else remember UA had nothing but 747s to and from HNL, other than the lone DC-8 non-stop to JFK?

Last edited by ClipperJon; Mar 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by cova
On the HNL-IAD flight - UA only serves a snack (no meal).
Even in F? It's showing dinner on the website.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore

Same here for my flight in May....it says "dinner" on the reservation
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Seatmaps in December for IAH-HNL still show the old UA 3 class config. F buckets zeroed out and you can only buy business.

What is the likelihood that there will be the old 3 class F "suites" on that route by December? And who gets to sit there? Paid biz, elites, or will they run it as a separate class and require miles/upgrades/cash to get into three class F?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperJon
I think dinner shall replace the snack service in F when UA 144 leaves at 05:00PM. However, UA's F service is not CO's BusinessFirst. Oh how I miss UA's Royal Hawaiian Service of yesteryear, when the F/A, garbed in an Aloha Shirt or a mumu, would carve a roast, serve warmed macademia nuts, and craft a sundae with 4 flavors of ice creams, 4 different toppings, etc. Really miss this service.

Anyone else remember UA had nothing but 747s to and from HNL, other than the lone DC-8 non-stop to JFK?
UA300 on Apr 23 SFO-HNL is currently showing a 747.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HA Pualani
Hnl - iAd

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Yes. This flight is just a salad in F, so eat dinner first or pack some food, even in F.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sammyindc
UA300 on Apr 23 SFO-HNL is currently showing a 747.
Probably for the start up of HNL-NRT 747 service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.