Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread.
The active thread is What Route(s) do you wish UA Flew?
Thanks, United forum Moderators.
Print Wikipost

What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by jsloan
SJC-DCA won't happen, if only because of slot limits at DCA. SJC-IAD would be a possibility. I think SJC is in a bit of a funny place in the UA route system; they're always going to be afraid of cannibalizing demand into SFO.

For comparison's sake, SIN-SFO is 7339 nm and SIN-LAX is 7621 nm -- and, the latter UA wasn't able to make work profitably. Also, QF has their 787-9 at 42J/28PE/166Y= 236 total; UA's is 48J/88E+/116Y = 252 total. I really don't think UA could launch SFO-PER without significant seat blocking.

One thing they might do is try adding something like SFO-CNS-PER or SFO-BNE-PER. They have a couple of these domestically now on Untied Express, and while it's obviously not as nice as a nonstop, it could allow them to serve two markets, neither of which might be profitable on their own.
They have to wait for the arrival of the A350s.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

They have to wait for the arrival of the A350s.
Is there really demand for PER-US (or vice versa)? I’d love to go there, but not sure I see the business flyers having a need. Maybe you can get enough folks to fly IAH-SFO-PER once/if UA gets the planes to do so.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:46 am

On back of EWR-CPT getting started, here are some more fun seasonal routes I wish UA would look into:

EWR-RAK
EWR-MCT
SFO-DPS
SFO-BCN

and of course...SFO-BKK

Unfortunately I’m not sure any of these are realistically routes that would have high J spend for leisure...I would venture DPS Sheryl because of length, but Bali is a pretty cheap place to do in luxury.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Bring back Bahrain - IAD or better yet start Dammam, KSA to Chicago! Never happen perhaps but it is a wish.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Will United ever consider bringing back BKK again? Either SFO/ORD/EWR-BKK direct or Via HND/NRT?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
BKK, SGN and MNL would be nice.

EWR-VIE would be awesome!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by kittiyut
Will United ever consider bringing back BKK again? Either SFO/ORD/EWR-BKK direct or Via HND/NRT?
There are many of us that are hopeful. Consensus seems to be it would be SFO direct, if it ever happens.

Doubtful it would ever be NRT/HND. United is out of the business of tag on flights from Intl hubs. They much prefer to sell the leg on ANA, and take a portion of the revenue via their Joint Venture Agreement.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:30 am

47 pages and no mention of LAX-CHC

(SFO-CHC was mentioned, but I think if CHC is to be launched it will be AKL, being the only CHC-USA, they will need as much O&D as they can get with LAX being superior to SFO in that regard).
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks

(SFO-CHC was mentioned, but I think if CHC is to be launched it will be AKL, being the only CHC-USA, they will need as much O&D as they can get with LAX being superior to SFO in that regard).
I think UA has a formal JV in place with NZ - I’m sure they’d be happy to sell AKL-CHC on NZ metal if they get a cut of revenue. Personally, I’m a bit biased against CHC as a South Island destination...ZQN would be much better, but the airstrip is way too small for widebodies - even a narrowbody has to really gun it to take off.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by belfordrocks

UA is not really adding service from LAX, most new Pacific service is being started at SFO as they have a bigger hub there which allows more connections
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS
My yearly pitch for (at least seasonal!) IAD-PVR!!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bdw1120
EWR-VIE would be awesome!
Austrian already flies this daily. OS90/OS89
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Another route I’d like to see United start is SFO-DUB. Aer Lingus has been successfully flying this route for almost five years, supported by companies such as Google and Facebook. It’s a bit much having a foreign carrier siphon off business travelers from Silicon Valley—and the biotech hub in and around South City.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:41 pm

In flying out to Maui on a 77W, I do wonder why the East Coast can’t get either EWR-OGG or IAD-OGG. If they can fly a widebody plane there from multiple locations, I would have to think that there should be demand to fill a 763/764 from there (I assume an HD 772 doesn’t work due to length restrictions). It would also give a direct redeye with early-morning arrival, instead of having to leave early to make the HNL flight (via a short OGG-HNL hop) or getting in midday or later by flying the redeye to one of the other hubs.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: 1K, MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
The population of Oneida County is only about 35K; I don't know that UA will want to take on DL in that market, especially when they already have service to CWA, which is only about 70 miles away.
True but from late May to Labor Day, the population swells to 3-4x. While only 70 miles closer, RHI is much nicer for accessing the Northwoods and saving the extra hour drive makes RHI more justified vs. driving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.