FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   8-11 Feb. Winter Storm Nemo Travel Waiver for N.E. and Impact on UA's Operations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1435813-8-11-feb-winter-storm-nemo-travel-waiver-n-e-impact-uas-operations.html)

pizzabox Feb 7, 2013 4:24 pm

42 minute on hold trying to get on the Premier line. My reservation still has not ticketed after the last agent helped me tweak the routing :/

salesna Feb 7, 2013 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 20205779)

Huh...my EWR-IST got rebooked JFK-IST (agent offered LH without prompting but I wanted TK) and done in about 5 minutes, other than waiting for TK to confirm the seat. Seems like the infrastructure worked just fine in my case.

My DCA-EWR-IST tomorrow got canceled and, after an hour and ten minutes on hold, it took the agent five minutes to rebook me IAD-FRA-IST. Original booking class was K; the transatlantic segment on UA was rebooked into U and the FRA-IST leg on LH was rebooked into Y. I was hoping for Y on IAD-FRA so I could upgrade with miles and no copay, but it wouldn't have made a difference as the J cabin is totally full.

Wx4caster Feb 7, 2013 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 20205779)
Huh...my EWR-IST got rebooked JFK-IST (agent offered LH without prompting but I wanted TK) and done in about 5 minutes, other than waiting for TK to confirm the seat. Seems like the infrastructure worked just fine in my case.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the huge variations is response, but I guess it is what it is for now. Like you, my change took less than 5 minutes to change routes, dates of travel and re-ticket, with a very friendly agent to boot who even ensured I got seat assignments. Then there's those of you spending an hour on the phone to make changes that are likely are easier than mine or SBM12's. Sorry guys :( Now, if UA could just figure out what they're doing when they get things right - and then deliver that consistently 95% of the time, they'd really have something!

SunLover Feb 7, 2013 5:21 pm

Took me three trys to get thru on the phone, maybe waiting 1 minute the third time. My Saturday EWR-IAH was cancelled so I just push the same flights back to Sunday no problem. Could have gotten a refund but I wanted to try and save it. I also noticed my Saturday IAH-EWR return is now sold out so I did free up some space for someone there. And I was already upgraded on the other two legs so those become positive F space too.

Look for VDB opportunities during this time, and have suggested alternate routings planned (written down to refer to) if the opportunity arises.

SunLover

flyersky1 Feb 7, 2013 5:23 pm

Would it be possible to get the ORC if the re-routing is through a different city?

sjpmurph01 Feb 7, 2013 5:24 pm

Phone Support "Currently experiencing system problems"

Hi all,

I've been trying to get through to phone support for an existing reservation I'm trying to change for the past 20-30 minutes. After about 5-6 attempts navigating the automated phone system "properly" and 2 times just slamming the zero button until it gives up on trying, I keep getting the message "I'm sorry, we're currently experiencing system problems. Please try your call again later." At that point it either loops back to the beginning of the automated system or just hangs up on me.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any experience on how long this type of problem takes to resolve? Or any other suggestions on how to get through to someone?

I'm *G through US, but dirt with UA MP, so I assume it's trying to patch me through to the general reservation line. (I guess the wires are frayed somewhere under the Pacific. :()

Thanks for any help or insight. I did do a quick search of the forum, but didn't see this problem mentioned - sorry if it is already discussed somewhere.

goalie Feb 7, 2013 5:30 pm

Probably related to the blizzard hitting the northeast starting Friday and continuing thru Saturday

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...perations.html

sbm12 Feb 7, 2013 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg (Post 20205897)
Why would you prefer TK over LH for service to IST? I love onboard vişne as much as anyone, but aren't the LH mileage earning rules a little better?

Departure time (assuming anything actually flies), non-stop and I've been meaning to try their long-haul product anyways. I figure I can call in and try for ORC if I actually get out of town.

Originally Posted by flyersky1 (Post 20206336)
Would it be possible to get the ORC if the re-routing is through a different city?

You can ask. No guarantees and per policy you aren't entitled to it, but I'd say better than 50/50 odds that you get it.

SFO 1K Feb 7, 2013 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01 (Post 20206339)
Hi all,

I've been trying to get through to phone support for an existing reservation I'm trying to change for the past 20-30 minutes.

If your flight is not before Sunday, I'd just wait until a more suitable time, given the tremendous storm impact for the call centers.

sjpmurph01 Feb 7, 2013 5:40 pm

Ah... didn't even think of that. Usually with high call volume before, I've just gotten stuck on hold for 20-90 minutes, but this seemed to be something different. Guess I'll just keep trying...

Thanks

Originally Posted by SFO 1K (Post 20206406)
If your flight is not before Sunday, I'd just wait until a more suitable time, given the tremendous storm impact for the call centers.

If my flight weren't tomorrow morning, I would definitely wait out the storm...

xray Feb 7, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm at the 23 minute hold mark but instead of the change or cancel reservation prompt, I selected something else and managed to get into line unlike when I said Change - then I got the system busy message... Flight is tomorrow and cancelled...

sjpmurph01 Feb 7, 2013 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by xray (Post 20206528)
I'm at the 23 minute hold mark but instead of the change or cancel reservation prompt, I selected something else and managed to get into line unlike when I said Change - then I got the system busy message... Flight is tomorrow and cancelled...

I finally ended up getting through, even by saying "change reservation." Hold time about 15-20 mins.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses, and good luck to anyone else traveling this weekend.

On a side note, UA's voice recognition system always seems to have much more trouble understanding me than other call centers. I did learn how to get that guy to listen more carefully though:

UA: "Please tell me what you're calling about. You can say..."
Me: "Existing reservation"
UA: "I'm sorry I couldn't understand you..."
Me: (enunciating each syllable) "Existing reservation"
UA: "I'm sorry I still can't understand you..."
Me: (loudly and slowly) "Existing reservation"
Me: (:mad:) "Existing f%&@!#g reservation!!!"
UA: "Existing Reservations. Please say your confirmation number..."

(Yes, that actually worked. :rolleyes:)

dmurphynj Feb 7, 2013 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01 (Post 20206601)
I finally ended up getting through, even by saying "change reservation." Hold time about 15-20 mins.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses, and good luck to anyone else traveling this weekend.

On a side note, UA's voice recognition system always seems to have much more trouble understanding me than other call centers. I did learn how to get that guy to listen more carefully though:

UA: "Please tell me what you're calling about. You can say..."
Me: "Existing reservation"
UA: "I'm sorry I couldn't understand you..."
Me: (enunciating each syllable) "Existing reservation"
Me: (loudly and slowly) "Existing reservation"
Me: (:mad:) "Existing f%&@!#g reservation!!!"
UA: "Existing Reservations. Please say your confirmation number..."

(Yes, that actually worked. :rolleyes:)

Just press the corresponding number ...

Example - if it says "say new reservation, existing reservation,
Or something else" - press 2.

Life-altering tip. Thanks to whomever posted it here a few weeks ago. :)

xray Feb 7, 2013 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01 (Post 20206601)

Now at the 47 minute mark and anxiously watching availability dwindle on flight I want to change to...

1kBill Feb 7, 2013 6:38 pm

Got notice at 8:30 this morning that my 4 PM Friday SFO-PHL flight was cancelled, but PHL was even on the waiver list at that time. Got rescheduled to the 1 PM flight, so far not cancelled.