FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   8-11 Feb. Winter Storm Nemo Travel Waiver for N.E. and Impact on UA's Operations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1435813-8-11-feb-winter-storm-nemo-travel-waiver-n-e-impact-uas-operations.html)

Seph87 Feb 6, 2013 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d (Post 20198795)
i have no idea what's going to happen. i just picked up one of those fares this morning before i read about the weather. i'm departing EWR on saturday morning though, so hopefully the majority of the storm will have passed by then...

From what I've read EWR could go either way. It could be a minor 2-4" or it could get 6-8". Really it mostly depends on whether it comes down as snow or ice.

CDKing Feb 6, 2013 4:10 pm

Is the reschedule period new to UA as part of the Irops policy update? Every other carrier only allows a week to use the ticket. This makes UA so much better as weather is the one thing that makes me nervous about booking this time of year. (well other than year round change fee waiver for Gold on AS)

Final Travel must be completed by:
End of Validity of ticket (one year from date of issue)​​

pbd456 Feb 6, 2013 4:11 pm

i tried to change my run to April, same city pair.
online, it just uses the flight credit for the new flight.
even when i found same booking class for all segments.

edcho Feb 6, 2013 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 20198922)
i tried to change my run to April, same city pair.
online, it just uses the flight credit for the new flight.
even when i found same booking class for all segments.

Try calling. The online changing tool doesn't work well at all.

mherdeg Feb 6, 2013 4:32 pm

Just made a change by phone from a flight that cost us £499 to a flight that currently prices at £479.

I didn't get a refund (or think to ask for one, even though it says quite clearly that the change fee is waived!), but when my ticket was reissued I got an "INVOL" notation in the additional fare rules section of the ticket.

CDKing Feb 6, 2013 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg (Post 20199070)
when my ticket was reissued I got an "INVOL" notation in the additional fare rules section of the ticket.

Where do you find that info?

mherdeg Feb 6, 2013 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 20199155)
Where do you find that info?

If I click "view receipt" (or get an e-mailed e-ticket receipt), I can see

Fare Rules: Additional charges may apply for changes in addition to any fare rules listed.

NONREF/0VALUEAFTDPT/CHGFEE;INVOL REROUTE
Cancel reservations before the scheduled departure time or TICKET HAS NO VALUE.
That language wasn't there in my original e-ticket receipt, which just said:

http://i.imgur.com/jIyDMqi.png

TA Feb 6, 2013 4:55 pm

Do you all think that international arriving flights to EWR on Feb 8 will see much disruption?

Point being, would it be worth giving up a cleared SWU in advance to plan for an alternate flight?

Seph87 Feb 6, 2013 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by TA (Post 20199211)
Do you all think that international arriving flights to EWR on Feb 8 will see much disruption?

Point being, would it be worth giving up a cleared SWU in advance to plan for an alternate flight?

Depends on two things: what time you land, and how far north/south the storm goes. The storm is supposed to be at its peak mid-Friday, getting up to 3"/hour in some spots. However the precise path of the storm is unknown and EWR is right on the edge of the storm. If it veers away from EWR they could see as little as 2-4" which may cause a few delays but nothing major. If it veers towards EWR I could see the airport shutting down for some time.

edcho Feb 6, 2013 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg (Post 20199182)
If I click "view receipt" (or get an e-mailed e-ticket receipt), I can see

That language wasn't there in my original e-ticket receipt, which just said:

http://i.imgur.com/jIyDMqi.png

I actually don't have that on my reroute for this res on Friday. However, my flight last week was late and I missed the connecting flight so this was shown:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...5123-invol.png

When this happened, I could also choose any reroute (for the next day or two) I wanted when I did OLCI again.

pbd456 Feb 6, 2013 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 20199043)
Try calling. The online changing tool doesn't work well at all.

you are right. i changed my GGGG to UGGK at no cost. Thanks.

TA Feb 6, 2013 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Seph87 (Post 20199287)
Depends on two things: what time you land, and how far north/south the storm goes. The storm is supposed to be at its peak mid-Friday, getting up to 3"/hour in some spots. However the precise path of the storm is unknown and EWR is right on the edge of the storm. If it veers away from EWR they could see as little as 2-4" which may cause a few delays but nothing major. If it veers towards EWR I could see the airport shutting down for some time.

Hmm. interesting -- thank you.

5:45pm arrival from Beijing... I guess we'll have to see maybe tomorrow where that edge looks closer to...

CDKing Feb 7, 2013 10:34 am

I finally received notification that my flight saturday morning BOS-IAH was cancelled. Took long enough especially considering the inbound was supposed to fly in during the storms strongest period. I took the refund as I find it easier to spend new money than to reuse a credit.

EEE Feb 7, 2013 10:49 am

Ditto for BOS-EWR (UA 237, departing 8:30 AM on Saturday). That one's probably screwed on both ends.

I actually haven't had much experience with irrops (always lived in warm places), so I've been trying to figure out the best way to approach this. I don't mind flying on Sunday, and don't particularly want to fly Friday morning and try beating the storm out. Should I just wait until Saturday and try a same-day change to Sunday, or go ahead and book it? Do they add extra flights to handle the backlog of passengers? It's not like there's much slack in the loads these days.

Hmm. My fare is actually kind of high, so I guess I should check first and see if there's one that's lower.

mherdeg Feb 7, 2013 10:50 am

Hmm, is UA empowered to offer OAL rebookings during weather irrops? Our (paid) ticket LHR-EWR-BOS is probably not gonna fly and I'd really rather we get a nonstop on DL/AA/BA or thru FRA on LH.

Yesterday I proactively changed from LHR-IAD-BOS to LHR-EWR-BOS, but now both our original IAD-BOS and our re-changed EWR-BOS have been cancelled.

Indeed it looks like they have cancelled a lot of sUA operations into BOS -- lots of 757/319/320 cancellations from EWR and IAD, at least.

We're now booked on the morning LHR-EWR connecting a 3:49-5:05 p.m. EWR-BOS. Our flight is an island amid a sea of cancellations into BOS:

http://i.imgur.com/XsS2y2I.png