Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Old IT issues appear to have been resolved. May still happen if a segment is not full synced such as after a change.

Some suggestions that have worked in the past are
-- try changing seat assignment
-- try emailing the itin to your self
-- try removing and re-entering FF account ( cannot do online, need to call or do at the airport)
-- remove / re-entering TTN on the reservation
The intent of all of these is to cause a refresh of the reservation, restoring the missing CPU flag

Some other reasons for no CPU flag or eligibility are
-- Two or more non-elites on the PNR
-- Lapchild on PNR, see United Website Not Showing Upgrade Option for Booked Itineraries (with lap child)
-- Basic Economy fare
-- Not an eligible flight - see MileagePlus upgrade regions and eligible fares
Print Wikipost

Missing "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by poverty.jet.set
CPU is avail on intra-asia except NRT-SIN, NRT-BKK
(also not on HNL-GUM, though that's not intra-asia)
Thanks for the info. As a silver I know I have close to zero chance of getting an upgrade so I never paid attention to these details. It's good to know though!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by syzygy
Mine are missing as well. They were there a couple of days ago.
same here
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Mine were missing when I checked before my 7PM CST flight but are now back as of 10:42 CST.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
PSS snafu glitch
In the model development world, we call that a feature .
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
Mine were missing when I checked before my 7PM CST flight but are now back as of 10:42 CST.
yeap, back for the one that was missing an hour ago.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by kengstrom
I have a handful of upcoming trips and just noticed that around half of them have one leg missing the "eligible for complimentary premier upgrade" icon -- and the icon was there previously. These are all U.S. flights so there's no reason they shouldn't be there, and when I called United to ask about it, they said no one else has had that issue and that I should be on the upgrade lists as I normally would even though it's not there. Has anyone else experienced this today or recently? I know there have been other posts that say the icon is somewhat meaningless, but I was curious and found it rather odd.
Missing one for Friday night IAH-SEA. The same flight also shows a flight status link while my earlier flight BWI-IAH has no flight status link.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
As a silver I know I have close to zero chance of getting an upgrade so I never paid attention to these details.
Close to zero chance of getting a Complimentary Premier Upgrade, or CPU.

But it is nice not having to pay those $75 copays for mile-supported upgrades...and don't get me started on having free E+ with an empty middle seat on a transcon red-eye.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
yes, problems galore. and i swear i've been skipped. R8 for 2 days, now R3. i'm still in Y. flight is in 2 days. and i'm a 1k. seems fishy. it's like eua ran and decided not to give it to me. i know R does not equal CPU space, but usually correlates somewhat. and for this route, seeing 15 people already cleared seems unlikely they are all 1k's. i fly the route often and know that there aren't that many 1k's on this flight. i feel like i was skipped. what to do...

oh ya, and the little arrow disappeared.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Heh, I see the "little arrow" on an IAD-BOS segment but not a BOS-IAD segment on the same itinerary, two days apart.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
I had the "up arrows" disappear overnight for both flights tomorrow TPA>IAH>ONT. Called 1K desk and, of course, they had no idea what I was talking about. Hung up and called again; same flat-line response.
-
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by deek
I had the "up arrows" disappear overnight for both flights tomorrow TPA>IAH>ONT. Called 1K desk and, of course, they had no idea what I was talking about. Hung up and called again; same flat-line response.
-
I think its a cosmetic website issue. I'm still getting CPUs cleared for those that don't have the upgrade arrow.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by edcho
I think its a cosmetic website issue. I'm still getting CPUs cleared for those that don't have the upgrade arrow.
Yup, the arrow isn't authoritative by any means. It's just window dressing to make you think all is in order.

As for this topic, we've seen the blue arrow disappear and reappear sporadically a couple times now. I would say this is a typical CO bug and we should get used to this erratic behavior, like most of their system flakiness.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: UA - 1k, AA- ExPlat, SPG - Plat, MR - Plat, HGP - Dia, NC - Exec+
Is There Now a Minimum Fare Class for UDUs and CPUs?

I read the tread about the schedule changes that were loaded, so I went in to view my reservations.

I noticed that several domestic reservations no longer had the upgrade eligible mark next to them.

I also found it odd that when I clicked on the "use upgrade" option, it would not let me select an RPU or GPU for certain domestic flights.

This was the case with S and T fares. V, W and higher all worked as normal.

Has anyone else noticed this? Was this announced and I missed the new rule?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:03 am

I have a couple of flights this week which were booked in G & K fares. These are lower fares than the S & T. I never checked if I could use RPU as I had the blue upgrade arrow and was upgraded at the 96 hrs mark. Safe Travels!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1k
It seems like an IT glitch. I have a G fare itin booked where all 4 segments showed eligible yesterday, and now only two show eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.